• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are Some Men Sexually Interested in Lesbians?

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
First, show me your statistical numbers in my thread and I will show you mine. Clothing can be a precursor to attracting the wrong attention not some.comorbidity to alcohol consumption and risky behavior. I was.merely stating that clothing.may draw attention in fact, too much attention in a setting like a bar. I mention alcohol and risky sexual behavior because the attention you attract you may indeed become more influenced because of an inhibited frontal lobe (which deals with judgement) and more likely engage in risky sexual.behavior. see where.I am going?

Oh dear. I'm not interested in I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :D

Clothing still isn't connected to risky behavior, and yes I saw where you were going a while ago. There are soooo many studies on clothing and rape, and how people perceive clothing and rape.

Startlingly, women who are not dressed provocatively are sexually harassed, attacked, and raped more than women who are. Very odd, but true. In fact, in some countries where nudity is more acceptable, rape and violent crimes against women are lower.

Rape statistics
List of Rape Myths
Understanding Human Behavior and the ... - Google Books

Granted, this isn't about consensual sex of course, and I agree dressing to the nines attracts behavior that alcohol can affect. However, the factor affecting risky behaviors and violence is often alcohol and drugs. Not clothing.

Last edited:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Sigh*

Ok no offense but let me break this down further.

Provocative clothing in a particular setting let's say a hospital draws attention--period. Just as a man who has a very muscular physique may draw attention in a setting let's say a library. In a bar setting not only will a woman wearing provocative clothing draw attention to onlookers male and female alike, she may draw the wrong attention. No this isn't about risky sexual behavior or alcohol we are still on attention......Still with me so far.

Let's take this provocative women and put her in a scenario where she is with her friends who are also dressed provocatively, and so now we have a group of young ladies attracting attention.

In a bar setting you may have all kinds of personalities and in this particular situation let's say you have a group of guys who upon finishing drinking.liquid courage (aka alcohol) walk up to the women with the intent to speak with them (and ultimately get laid).

Assume that the group of young ladies consume a few drinks and now are "buzzing" and are receptive.to the group of guys. Knowing these girls are getting intoxicated get them more drinks and more drinks and so on and so forth. Then the women are so open and judgment impaired the guys convince them to go back to their place of residence and you can imagine what goes on there.

Now, my point is in this scenario I and trying to explain is that when it comes to attention you draw both good and bad. I am not making any relationship on clothing and sex so the links you provided are null and void. I am saying you draw attention both good and bad. In a bar setting, because you are drawing wrong attention your judgment on people can be possibly impaired if too much alcohol is consumed which may lead to risky sexual behavior.....

If you want to pillow fight some more on this issue PM me.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Sigh*

Provocative clothing in a particular setting let's say a hospital draws attention--period. Just as a man who has a very muscular physique may draw attention in a setting let's say a library. In a bar setting not only will a woman wearing provocative clothing draw attention to onlookers male and female alike, she may draw the wrong attention. No this isn't about risky sexual behavior or alcohol we are still on attention......Still with me so far.

Let's take this provocative women and put her in a scenario where she is with her friends who are also dressed provocatively, and so now we have a group of young ladies attracting attention.

In a bar setting you may have all kinds of personalities and in this particular situation let's say you have a group of guys who upon finishing drinking.liquid courage (aka alcohol) walk up to the women with the intent to speak with them (and ultimately get laid).

Assume that the group of young ladies consume a few drinks and now are "buzzing" and are receptive.to the group of guys. Knowing these girls are getting intoxicated get them more drinks and more drinks and so on and so forth. Then the women are so open and judgment impaired the guys convince them to go back to their place of residence and you can imagine what goes on there.

Now, my point is in this scenario I and trying to explain is that when it comes to attention you draw both good and bad. I am not making any relationship on clothing and sex so the links you provided are null and void. I am saying you draw attention both good and bad. In a bar setting, because you are drawing wrong attention your judgment on people can be possibly impaired if too much alcohol is consumed which may lead to risky sexual behavior.....

If someone gets drunk enough to sleep with someone they don't want to sleep with then something is wrong with this picture. Either you're not giving their willpower enough credit or they're lightweights that shouldn't be drinking very much in the first place.

I've been blackout drunk before. I've woken up in another state because I fell asleep in a friend's car and didn't know how I got there. But even when I couldn't remember what happened, my friends informed me that I was completely responsible and cognizant even at the height of my drunk.

So, I don't understand the excuse "the alcohol made me do it." I can understand "I don't remember what happened," but can't understand "um, the whiskey made me sleep with someone I didn't want to! RAPE!"

Songbird

Sigh*

LOL at pillow fight. Yer cute. You don't need to break it down further, I understood the point right away. Of course certain dress attracts certain attention in certain settings. But studies show no correlation between clothing and activity! There is only a perception that clothing styles lead to behavior, and you indeed have that perception. All the studies I can find on sexual behavior, rape, even STDs, show no link with dress, but a very harmful link in thinking that dressing leads to those - which has led to victim blaming in cases of sexual assault, i.e., "She was dressed that way, so she was asking for it." Again, what that perception ignores is that most unwanted sexual advances occur when the person wasn't wearing anything deemed provocative clothing. I know that's not about sex per say, but the issues are very related.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time or interest to come up with more links. You can post countering links, I'll definitely read them, and I may even change my mind. But I'm getting a li'l burned out on this. Don't mean to be rude in ignoring this debate in the future, but how bout that weather!

Alceste

Vagabond
First, show me your statistical numbers in my thread and I will show you mine. Clothing can be a precursor to attracting the wrong attention not some.comorbidity to alcohol consumption and risky behavior. I was.merely stating that clothing.may draw attention in fact, too much attention in a setting like a bar. I mention alcohol and risky sexual behavior because the attention you attract you may indeed become more influenced because of an inhibited frontal lobe (which deals with judgement) and more likely engage in risky sexual.behavior. see where.I am going?

I don't believe that attention grabbing clothing correlates to a significantly higher likelihood of getting a date. To cite the example of a large breasted friend of mine who used to come out in a low cut, tight tops. She got attention but it was ogling and rude comments from complete slimeballs nobody in their right mind would even talk to, let alone want to see naked. She went home alone most nights, gladly.

Songbird

NI am not making any relationship on clothing and sex so the links you provided are null and void. I am saying you draw attention both good and bad.

But that's exactly the correlation you make. Clothing - attention - alcohol - location - sex. I'm saying you're wrong. You can remove clothing from that equation.

Alceste

Vagabond
LOL at pillow fight. Yer cute. You don't need to break it down further, I understood the point right away. Of course certain dress attracts certain attention in certain settings. But studies show no correlation between clothing and activity! There is only a perception that clothing styles lead to behavior, and you indeed have that perception. All the studies I can find on sexual behavior, rape, even STDs, show no link with dress, but a very harmful link in thinking that dressing leads to those - which has led to victim blaming in cases of sexual assault, i.e., "She was dressed that way, so she was asking for it." Again, what that perception ignores is that most unwanted sexual advances occur when the person wasn't wearing anything deemed provocative clothing. I know that's not about sex per say, but the issues are very related.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time or interest to come up with more links. You can post countering links, I'll definitely read them, and I may even change my mind. But I'm getting a li'l burned out on this. Don't mean to be rude in ignoring this debate in the future, but how bout that weather!

I say you won handily and your work is done. V's imaginative hypotheticals are no match for your empirical research.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
If someone gets drunk enough to sleep with someone they don't want to sleep with then something is wrong with this picture. Either you're not giving their willpower enough credit or they're lightweights that shouldn't be drinking very much in the first place.

I've been blackout drunk before. I've woken up in another state because I fell asleep in a friend's car and didn't know how I got there. But even when I couldn't remember what happened, my friends informed me that I was completely responsible and cognizant even at the height of my drunk.

So, I don't understand the excuse "the alcohol made me do it." I can understand "I don't remember what happened," but can't understand "um, the whiskey made me sleep with someone I didn't want to! RAPE!"

You're speaking on levels of tolerance and more likely than not you've been "trashed" before. With respect to risky sexual behavior a lot of research focuses on adolescents and environments that may foster risky behavior. In your case, I don't know how "responsible" you are cause I don't know you. Besides just because you act responsible doesn't mean that you'll be like that all the time. It also depends where you are and who you are around. But yes with enough alcohol I highly doubt any person male or female would act responsible especially when you are impaired. Besides it isn't about alcohol Malik you do anything, its about impaired judgement. The frontal lobe is responsible for that and when it is inhibited you are more likely to engage in risky sexual behavior.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I say you won handily and your work is done. V's imaginative hypotheticals are no match for your empirical research.

Im not making hypotheticals and besides I have abstracts of actual studies at hand not links to wikipedia and unrelated so now she.didn't win and actually I would rather discuss this.more privately than derail this thread further

Alceste

Vagabond
Im not making hypotheticals and besides I have abstracts of actual studies at hand not links to wikipedia and unrelated so now she.didn't win and actually I would rather discuss this.more privately than derail this thread further

You didn't provide any abstracts and she didn't link to wikipedia. Just tip your king. It will be easier on everyone. :)

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Number one the links I was referring to was in my thread which was un related to the topic and besides im providin abstracts via pm so I don't derail the thread.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
That study makes no reference to clothing at all. Nobody is debating the notion that alcohol inhibits good judgement. You've claimed that women who "dress like trash" are more likely to have AIDS than modestly dressed women. Where is your evidence?

Can anyone on RF read?

I never made.that claim! Lol how about this (because I wont give value to that erroneous statement you made) go back and re-read what I said....don't skim through it read it....By the way before you quote me know why I posted the link....it was to respond to meow mix regarding alcohol and risky sexual behavior. I apologize for sounding rude but the comment you made was definitely the result of not reading my post

Key statement: I said risky sexual behavior may lead to HIV contraction

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Can anyone on RF read?

I never made.that claim! Lol how about this (because I wont give value to that erroneous statement you made) go back and re-read what I said....don't skim through it read it....By the way before you quote me know why I posted the link....it was to respond to meow mix regarding alcohol and risky sexual behavior.

Maybe you should go back and reread it yourself. I have few doubts about my reading comprehension skills, but yours on the other hand ... ;)

Gloone

I disagree.....if a woman walks into a bar and her butt cheeks are showing how is that not a signal she is trash?
If a woman can wear daisy dukes and look good doing it, then she deserves to wear them imo. How do you know you just don’t have a problem with cut off jeans? Maybe they just don't appeal to you.
I use to hang out with strippers on a daily basis. They were probably some of the coolest girls I have ever hung actually. I use to go shopping with them and everything else, that also included a lot of stripper shopping for stripping cloths. It was quite the experience. The ones I did stuff actually dressed kind of stylish outside of work too. You would never know they were strippers. So, I don't see how you can base everything on apparel.

Primordial Annihilator

Can anyone on RF read?

I never made.that claim! Lol how about this (because I wont give value to that erroneous statement you made) go back and re-read what I said....don't skim through it read it....By the way before you quote me know why I posted the link....it was to respond to meow mix regarding alcohol and risky sexual behavior. I apologize for sounding rude but the comment you made was definitely the result of not reading my post

You said women showing off some butt/wearing revealing clothes where trash and effectively disease carriers.