• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are your favorite comedians?

Who are your favorite comedians?

• Total voters

RitalinO.D.

I'm a big fan of Daniel Tosh atm. His latest standup is histerical, not to mention his show is gut busting.

And I am seriously surprised no one as mentioned Rodney Carrington!? That guy is amazingly funny.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I would add:

Maria Bamford
Marc Maron
Patton Oswalt
Nick Kroll
Kathleen Madigan
Tommy Tiernan
Danny Bhoy
Greg Giraldo
Mike Birbiglia
Anthony Jeselnik
Eugene Mirman
Janene Garofalo
Ricky Gervais
and Jim Jeffries

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Steve Martin didn't make the list?

"There's a new craze sweeping Mexico - cat juggling..."

Acim

Revelation all the time
My top 10 in reverse order would be:

Sean Rouse
Steve Martin
Dave Chappelle
Jerry Seinfeld
Bill Cosby
Steven Wright
Dane Cook
Chris Rock
Richard Pryor
George Carlin

Honorable mention also to (actors or stand up): Ray Romano, Bill Murray, Stephen Colbert, Emo Phillips, Eddie Izzard, Robin Williams, Buddy Hackett, Groucho Marx, Larry The Cable Guy, Larry David and Flip Wilson. Plus about 35 others.

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
I think it is a criminal offense that the poll did not include Bill Hicks. I think he was one of the great thinkers of the 20th century. Yes, I'd put him just a bit ahead of George Carlin.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
James Dobson, Pat Robertson, and Jerry Falwell, for sure.

Wait... did you ask who were the best comedians of the 20th Century? Or who were the funniest men?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
too many really. I quite like Ross Noble, Michael McIntyre and Rhod Gilbert though

not nom

I only know like half of the names on that list... but I am SHOCKED that bill hicks is not on it. shocked. *shakes head*

if you have 74 minutes to spare, do yourself a favour:
Bill Hicks - Revelations (Uncut)

in my books, there's bill hicks, then nothing for a long time, then george carlin, then nothing for a while, then all the rest.

who is that guy who ruled the white house press dinner? steven colbert I think.. I'd have to vote for him as well, just for that one thing, but he's not on the list either. oh, and sam kinison.

other than carlin I voted sarah silverman, jon stewart, mitch hedberg and margaret cho... but that's mostly because I don't know the others, or recognize the names, but am not sure what to connect with them. I saw a bit of lewis black recently and laughed my behind off though, so I probably should check out all the names on the list - thanks for that advance! :D