• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are your favorite comedians?

Who are your favorite comedians?

• Total voters

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Ben Elton
Why - The Young Ones and Blackadder. I also love it that he's left wing - his views marry perfectly to biting satire.

Smoke

Done here.
Stephen, I was hoping you were going to say Tommy Tiernan.
I tried to put people in the poll who are most popular, but I love Tiernan, too.

*** Strong language advisory ***
[youtube]R3UL_uCNWCo[/youtube]

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For stand up:
Soupy Sales, Garrison Keillor, Woody Allen, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin

For acting roles:
John Cleese, Leslie Nielsen, Ed O'neill, Christina Applegate, Harry Shearer

These lists are not comprehensive.....memory issues, you know.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Fry and Laurie are one of my all time favourites. Right now I am loving David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr and Rhod Gilbert - he is amazing!

Demonic Kitten

Jeff Dunham, Bill Engval, Larry the Cable Guy, Ron White and Jeff Foxworthy (wasn't on there). The last 4 are part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour which seems to have me fascinated right now

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
From the list, I chose Steven Wright & George Carlin. From off the list, I chose Emo Phillips and Sam Kinison.

Wright:
Last time I read the dictionary, I thought it was a poem about everything.
I wrote a few children's books... not on purpose.
Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?
Carlin:
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
Phillips:
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.
Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Kinison:
Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn’t scare the **** out of everybody!
We don't WANT to drink and drive ... But there's no other way to get the ******* CAR back to the HOUSE!! How are we supposed to get ******* home??!!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Robin Williams, he never has failed to make me laugh. The problem arises when he talks too fast! He reminds me of Groucho Marx (the Marx Brothers make me laugh too, with the out of date humor).

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Off the top of my head:

Louis C.K.
George Carlin
Chris Rock
Lisa Lampanelli
Sarah Silverman
Tracy Morgan
Dave Chapelle
Jim Brewer
Norm MacDonald