• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will We Carry Into the Afterlife?

The Anointed

True, Jesus did Not resurrect himself out of hell ( the Bible's grave ) Acts 2:27.
The God of Jesus resurrected dead Jesus out of the grave.
I find according to John 5:25 that the dead will hear Jesus' voice.

1 Peter 3: 18; For Christ died for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually, and in his spiritual existence he went and preached to the imprisoned spirits.

1 Peter 4: 6; That is why the Good News was preached also to the dead, to those who had been judged in their physical existence as everyone is judged; it was preached to them so that in their spiritual existence they may live as God lives.

After being in the world of Hades for three days preaching the Good News to the dead, the lord God our savior quickened the dead body of Jesus allowing his living spirit to once again occupy that body.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nothing accompanies us, Lyndon, other than the cloth that covers the body.It is not required in our community.
This is a correction. There is an underwear for Hindu dead bodies, but it is just a small strip of cloth which is tied in 'langot' fashion.

langot.jpg

What will we carry into the afterlife?
Light.
Mirza Asadullah Baig Khan (1797 – 1869), King of Urdu Poetry.

"ham ko mālūm hai jannat kī haqīqat lekin, dil ke ḳhush rakhne ko 'ġhālib' ye ḳhayāl achchā hai"
(We know the truth of heaven, but, O Ghalib, this is a good thought to please the heart)

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
And they won't be surprised, that's the sad part about it !

~~~~~~~~~Gone is gone~~~~~~~~~

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I darned well hope that you are all correct !

I'll float by your `god` given `mansion` some day.

If not.....

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I darned well hope that you are all correct !

I'll float by your `god` given `mansion` some day.

If not.....
If not it will not matter, will it? We will just be dead and we won't ever know what happened.
But if there is another realm of existence after this one, it will matter a lot.

Call me naive, but because of my religious beliefs, I hang onto this hope:

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1 Peter 3: 18; For Christ died for sins once and for all, a good man on behalf of sinners, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death physically, but made alive spiritually, and in his spiritual existence he went and preached to the imprisoned spirits.
1 Peter 4: 6; That is why the Good News was preached also to the dead, to those who had been judged in their physical existence as everyone is judged; it was preached to them so that in their spiritual existence they may live as God lives.
After being in the world of Hades for three days preaching the Good News to the dead, the lord God our savior quickened the dead body of Jesus allowing his living spirit to once again occupy that body.

The 'spirits in prison' are Not dead people but angelic spirits who were disobedient in Noah's day - 1 Peter 3:18-19.
(God resurrected Jesus in his pre-human spirit body)
2 Peter 2:4-5 the angels ( the spirits ) in Noah's day they are the ones spoken of as awaiting adverse judgement- Jude 1:6

The Anointed

The 'spirits in prison' are Not dead people but angelic spirits who were disobedient in Noah's day - 1 Peter 3:18-19.
(God resurrected Jesus in his pre-human spirit body)
2 Peter 2:4-5 the angels ( the spirits ) in Noah's day they are the ones spoken of as awaiting adverse judgement- Jude 1:6

Are you suggesting that those who came out of their graves three days after Jesus was crucified and entered the city and revealed themselves to many as the risen Christ, were the sons of God, who descended in the days of Jared, the father of Enoch, and defiled themselves with the daughters of man, who Peter refers to in 2 Peter 2: 4; God did not spare the angels who sinned, but threw them into hell, where they are kept chained in darkness, waiting for the Day of Judgment. Holman Christian Standard Bible For if God didn't spare the angels who sinned but threw them down into Tartarus and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment.

Jude verse 6; Remember the angels who did not stay within the limits of their proper authority, but abandoned their own dwelling place: they are bound with eternal chains in the darkness below, where God is keeping them for that great Day on which they will be condemned.

Those sons of God are still bound in chains in the darkness awaiting the Great day of Judgement.

Do you want to try again? Who were the saints who came out of their graves?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
And still......one can't even think once dead,
what will one have packed, despite cognizance ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh...the Spirit of being alive...
What do we live with now,
what part thinks,
really ??

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I guess @Trailblazer `thinks` our brains go with us.
I'm sure he doesn't believe that...please explain ?
Our brain does not go with us to the afterlife, which is a spiritual world, not a physical world.
The brain is physical so it dies when we die physically.
The soul works through the brain and while we are alive in a physical body, but when we die and no longer have a physical body the soul continues to live forever, and that is why it is called an immortal soul.
After we die out spirit (soul) passes into the spiritual world, becomes associated with a spiritual body, and continues to think.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
...You are not a body with a soul. You are a soul that temporarily has an association with a body.
This, to me, is an unbelief. I don't mean its total unbelief, but its unwillingness to let go. Its not a huge flaw, nor is it extremely uncommon but is a weakness which may be exploited and is exploited frequently. If I promise someone immortality, they are likely to listen to me at least for a moment; since it is what they wish to hear. Making promises is a very powerful skill and a human evil. The wish to hear sweet nothings is a weakness, like a drug craving and can enslave people and trap them, and it can torment them ironically. I do believe that some things have eternal value, but we adopt those things and become them partly. We don't seem to be built for eternity, and the way that we live and the things we value aren't eternal except on rare occasions. Rarely we value something eternal. Rarely we have an eternal thought about something eternal. We need bodies. We need experiences and distractions and feelings and all kinds of things which are not eternal.

Considering the above I think we borrow eternal things rather than produce them.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Oh...I see...in the separation of the bodies...somehow.

What part of our cognizance will really go with us ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Hey Brick,

Spirit is forever, mixed with all of the other Spirits !

Every gnat I see remains me of all the spirits out there.