• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will We Carry Into the Afterlife?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In Scripture, the soul that sins dies (Ezekiel 18:4, 20) sinner Adam (who was a living soul - Gen. 2:7) at death became a dead soul or life-less soul.
Ezekiel 18:4, 20 mean that the soul that sins will not have eternal life. If Adam sinned he would not have eternal life, but his soul would still exist after he died because a soul cannot die since it is immortal.

Eternal life refers to the life of the soul, not the life of the physical body. All souls live forever but no physical body lives forever.

All these verses refer to eternal life of the soul, not living forever in a physical body.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Where did Jesus EVER talk about rising from the grave? Jesus said to let the dead bury their dead. Being born of the spirit has nothing to do with the physical body. It means spiritual rebirth.

All living things including humans die physically, but their souls do not die because the soul cannot die. I do not believe any bodies are ever raised from the grave because it is impossible to for a body once decomposed to recompose.

The soul (spirit) of man is immortal so it can never be extinguished. All souls continue to exist forever, but the souls who are close to God because they believed in Jesus will have eternal life. That is why Jesus said “He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.”

“The immortality of the spirit is mentioned in the Holy Books; it is the fundamental basis of the divine religions. Now punishments and rewards are said to be of two kinds: first, the rewards and punishments of this life; second, those of the other world. But the paradise and hell of existence are found in all the worlds of God, whether in this world or in the spiritual heavenly worlds. Gaining these rewards is the gaining of eternal life. That is why Christ said, “Act in such a way that you may find eternal life, and that you may be born of water and the spirit, so that you may enter into the Kingdom.” 2Some Answered Questions, p. 223

“Likewise, the rewards of the other world are the eternal life which is clearly mentioned in all the Holy Books, the divine perfections, the eternal bounties and everlasting felicity….The rewards of the other world are peace, the spiritual graces, the various spiritual gifts in the Kingdom of God, the gaining of the desires of the heart and the soul, and the meeting of God in the world of eternity.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 224-225

Those people who are distant from God do not have eternal life, although their soul continues to exist in the spiritual world after their physical body dies.

“In the same way, the souls who are veiled from God, although they exist in this world and in the world after death, are, in comparison with the holy existence of the children of the Kingdom of God, nonexisting and separated from God.”
Some Answered Questions, p. 243

I read nothing at Ecclesiastes 12:7 that says the spirit travels up to Heaven.
Rather, one's spirit (IT) returns to God. So, just as a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but simply ' returns ' to the hands of the owner.
So where do you think God is located? If our spirit returns to God then what are we left with? A body without a spirit is a dead body because a body cannot exist without a spirit (soul).
So, any future life prospect now lies in God's hands via resurrection.
Thus, God's spirit (IT) has to added back to our human spirit (IT) and with breath in order to receive life again.
In this case God is the owner of "IT" our spirit.
I notice the spirit "IT" was given by God according to Ecc. 12:7 B (IT}
Spirit is a neuter "IT" and not a person.
That is true, but it is not the body that is resurrected, it is the spirit which passes from one world into another world when we die. This physical death leads to resurrection and continuation of life

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life.
Heaven and Hell, p. 351

So, it is No wonder Ecclesiastes 9:5 informs us that the dead know nothing.
Nothing but 'sleep' according to Jesus at John 11:11-14; and Isaiah 38:18; Psalms 115:17
That means that a dead body knows nothing because it is dead. The body remains dead because dead bodies do not come back to life. Physical death leads to resurrection and continuation of life in the spiritual world aka heaven.

The Anointed

You are body, soul, and spirit. You must love God with all your heart=body, with all your soul=life force, and with all your mind=Spirit. The breath of life that God breathed into Adam was the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universe, animating all within it.

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord"s face.

[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

And the Most High, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel, which could save but one man) said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory." [Enoch, is the one who was anointed as the successor to the throne of the 'MOST HIGH' in the creation: CHRIST=The anointed one]

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 (In days---A calendar year: the one-year old sacrificial Lamb of God.) and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

Hebrews 11: 5; “By faith Enoch was translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

The only man to have ascended to the ends of all time and was translated so as to never see death, and this man, plays absolutely no part in the belief of the universal/Catholic church of Constantine: “The Stone that the builder's rejected, has turned out to be the most important stone of all."

The great and glorious one who, clothed and girded in fire was anointed to serve God before the body of Adam=Mankind into all eternity, the heavenly Simulacrum of which Enoch was the chosen cornerstone, which simulacrum=blue-print, is the sin offering that God has prepared for us, the blueprint, of the new species of light beings that comes from mankind (THE SON OF MAN)

Enoch is the anointed successor to the throne of “THE MOST HIGH’ in the creation: Enoch is the CHRIST who stands, clothed and girded in fire, where he serves God before the body of Adam [Mankind] into all eternity.

And the Lord summoned one of his arch-angels by name Pravuil, whose knowledge was quicker in wisdom than the other arch-angels, who wrote all the deeds of the Lord; and the Lord said to Pravuil: ‘Bring out the books from my store-houses, and a reed of quick writing, and give it to Enoch, and deliver to him the choice and comforting books out of thy hand.

The Lord then commanded Enoch to write down the names of every man [Male man and female man] who would ever live and the position for each soul into all eternity, for all souls are prepared to eternity. The soul, which is the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body cannot be destroyed, but the rejected spirits/minds that are imprinted onto the universal soul can be divided from the eternal soul, to which God will give a new body in which a new mind will develop..

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I do not apply logic to God and the soul because it goes not apply.
I do use logic to ascertain which religious beliefs are logical though. ;)
And I guess the result is the empty set, right? :)

Ciao

- viole

swanlake

Let’s consider the word “Afterlife”.

Definition: Afterlife - The afterlife is the belief that the essential
part of an individual’s identity or the stream
of consciousness continues after death of
the physical body

I am in agreement with 1 Timothy 6:7 in the New World Translation .
For we have nothing brought into the world, and neither can we carry anything out.

We’re created from the ground or dust

Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.

Was anything mentioned that something would separate from the physical body and continue to live somewhere else? Let’s consider some more scriptures.

Psalm 146:4 says: His spirit (or life force) goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10 says: For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

Mankind has the desire to live, even forever, but if we don’t exist anymore after death, what hope is there for humans.

A Resurrection ! Jesus resurrected individuals while on earth, (Lazarus John 11:38-44) He will do it again in the future.
John 5:28, 29
Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Deeje explains it briefly in her reply above. If you have more questions please ask away! Wishing everyone a good and safe day.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Definition: Afterlife - The afterlife is the belief that the essential part of an individual’s identity or the stream of consciousness continues after death of the physical body.

For we have nothing brought into the world, and neither can we carry anything out.
That means we do not carry anything physical into this world, no clothes, no possessions, etc. We come into this world when we are born from the womb of our mother naked and with no possessions.

“and neither can we carry anything out” means we are going out of this world when we die, not that we are staying in this world and living here for eternity. The reason we are not carrying anything out is because we cannot carry anything physical into the spiritual world (heaven) where we are going.

What do you think that Jesus meant by this verse?

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Where do you think Jesus was going, to the corner store? No, Jesus was referring to heaven, His Father’s house.
We’re created from the ground or dust.
No we weren’t created from the ground or dust, we were created in the womb of our mother and at the moment of conception the soul came into existence and from that moment on the soul continued to develop throughout our lives, just as the body developed through childhood and adulthood and old age. But the difference between the soul and the body is that the body is mortal, so it will eventually die, but the soul is immortal so it cannot die. Thus the soul will continue to exist after the physical body dies. When we die our soul will pass into another world, another realm of existence that is purely spiritual.
In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.
That is correct, our bodies will return to the ground when we are buried, and there the body will remain forever. Dead bodies do not come back to life and rise from their graves.

This Christian explained what happens to our bodies and our spirits when we die. He used the word ‘spirit’ but within the context of this paragraph, spirit means the same thing as soul.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351
Was anything mentioned that something would separate from the physical body and continue to live somewhere else? Let’s consider some more scriptures.

Psalm 146:4 says: His spirit (or life force) goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.
Exactly, just as that paragraph above explains. When his spirit (or life force) goes out of the body and passes from one world into another, his body returns to the ground. On that very day the thoughts that were associated with his brain and body perish because the brain dies. But as the paragraph above says: “It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man.” It is the soul (spirit) that is responsible for our thinking process, so that thought process will continue unabated in the spiritual world.
Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10 says: For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
That’s right, a dead body knows nothing at all, because it no longer has a brain to think; but when the soul leaves the body it continues to think, and thinks a lot more clearly once it is no longer impeded by the body.
Mankind has the desire to live, even forever, but if we don’t exist anymore after death, what hope is there for humans.
The soul is eternal, thus it exists forever. After we die, the soul passes into another world and takes on a new form. We cannot understand what that world will be like from this world, because that world is so different from this world.

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194

“The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 157

A Resurrection ! Jesus resurrected individuals while on earth, (Lazarus John 11:38-44) He will do it again in the future.
Jesus did not say that the body of Lazarus would rise again. He said rise: 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

Then apparently Martha assumed Jesus meant the body: 24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Then Jesus said that He was the resurrection and the life and that whoever believes in Him will never die. Jesus was talking about the eternal life of the soul, NOT the life of the physical body.

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

The Martha said Yes, I believe in you Jesus: 27 She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

The following verses are congruent with John 11:25-26 and they refer to the eternal life of the soul, not the eternal life of the body. The physical body was never created by God to live forever.

John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
That verse does not refer to a resurrection of the physical body from its grave. The physical body once dead remains dead in the grave. These verses refer to the resurrection of the spirit, a resurrection to spiritual life. That spiritual resurrection is followed by a judgment wherein the wheat (those who rose to spiritual life) are separated from the chaff (those who remained spiritually dead in the grave of ignorance.)
Deeje explains it briefly in her reply above. If you have more questions please ask away! Wishing everyone a good and safe day.
With all due respect, @Deeje wants to live on this earth forever, in a paradise as she believes that Adam and Eve lived in, a new earth, but that belief is derived from a complete misinterpretation of scriptures that led to a complete misunderstanding of what will actually happen when we die. That misinterpretation also led to a complete misunderstanding of what “the new earth” in the Bible refers to. The new earth also referred to as the Kingdom of God on earth refers to a new world order that will replace the old world order that we are presently living under. This Kingdom is a physical Kingdom, and that is why Jesus asked us to pray as follows:

Matthew 6:9-10 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

This is a physical Kingdom that humans will build for those who are living in physical bodies on earth and this physical kingdom will be there for future generations of living people, people alive in physical bodies. It will not be kingdom for people who rose out of their graves, as those people have passed on to the spiritual world (heaven).

Moreover, paradise is in heaven, not on earth. This is a material world and it will never be a paradise because all suffering comes from the material world. It will be much better in the future, after the Kingdom of God is established, because justice and equity will prevail, and everyone will believe in God, but it will never be FREE of suffering; only heaven is free of suffering because there is nothing physical there that can cause suffering.

Nobody rises from the grave once they are dead, not even Jesus.
You can believe that if you want to, but it is not supported by the Bible.

Cherry picking scripture to prove your beliefs won’t work, because those verses do not mean what you believe they mean, as noted above.

I suggest you and @Deeje read this article with serious intent on understanding it, because it could change your perspective on life and death, and nothing could be more important than understanding what the Bible really means.

Won’t the Dead Rise Again?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Afterlife is Not a Bible teaching but Resurrection is.
Afterlife implies more alive after death then before death.
Resurrection is future. Please notice the ' future tense ' as used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

There would be No sleep in death if the afterlife teaching was right.
Jesus and the OT both teach ' sleep ' in death - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5

So, the dead will rise again, some to heavenly life like the people of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; Rev. 2:10
Whereas, the majority of people can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live life on Earth again.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Afterlife is Not a Bible teaching but Resurrection is.
The question is: Resurrection from where and Resurrection to where.

The quote below is what I believe Resurrection refers to. Note the last sentence.
“death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Where do you think Jesus was going, to the corner store? No, Jesus was referring to heaven, His Father’s house. The Father's house is not on earth.

The Anointed

Definition: Afterlife - The afterlife is the belief that the essential
part of an individual’s identity or the stream
of consciousness continues after death of
the physical body

We’re created from the ground or dust

Like Elijah, and Elisha, Jesus was able to resuscitate some who were in a death like state, but they have all long since returned to the elements from which those bodies were created, Jesus couldn't even resurrect himself, nor does he resurrect the righteous who are united to him.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The question is: Resurrection from where and Resurrection to where.
The quote below is what I believe Resurrection refers to. Note the last sentence.
“death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life.

Where do you think Jesus was going, to the corner store? No, Jesus was referring to heaven, His Father’s house. The Father's house is not on earth.

Yes, agree Jesus was referring to Heaven, and that is where resurrected Jesus went according to Hebrews 9:24.

I find Adam's 'house' was Earth, Adam was formed from the Earth. Adam was only offered Earth as home. God gifted Earth to people - Psalms 115:16.
No one who died before Jesus died was offered Heaven - John 3:13
None of the faithful people of Hebrews chapter 11 were offered Heaven.
Jesus opened up the way to heavenly life only for people like those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.
These people have that first or earlier resurrection of Revelation 20:6.
The people resurrected to Heaven (Rev. 2:10) have two jobs to do according to Revelation 5:9-10.
These are the people that Jesus was addressing at John 14:2, Not the population in general.
The majority of people can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection to live life on Earth again.
Remember: ALL the resurrections Jesus performed sent No one to Heaven but were physical resurrections to life on Earth.
Jesus was giving us a small sample, a preview, a coming millennial attraction of what Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale.
Such people will be earthly subjects, earthly citizens of God's kingdom as per Psalms 72:8; 12-14.

Plus, please also notice Matthew 25:37 it is speaking about a coming time on Earth when living people on Earth can remain alive on Earth.
These figurative ' sheep' are also Not offered heaven but offered Earth, to live life forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
These are the humble great crowd of people who will come through, live through, the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.

P.S. also please remember that ' biblical hell ' is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.............., Jesus couldn't even resurrect himself, nor does he resurrect the righteous who are united to him.
True, Jesus did Not resurrect himself out of hell ( the Bible's grave ) Acts 2:27.
The God of Jesus resurrected dead Jesus out of the grave.
I find according to John 5:25 that the dead will hear Jesus' voice.

The Anointed

True, Jesus did Not resurrect himself out of hell ( the Bible's grave ) Acts 2:27.
The God of Jesus resurrected dead Jesus out of the grave.
I find according to John 5:25 that the dead will hear Jesus' voice.

The only begotten son of God, who is equal to God in every way, was the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18-19; "I will send them a prophet just like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to MY WORDS which he will speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish.”

Peter reveals who that prophet was, when in Acts 3: 12; in reference to the man Jesus, Peter says; “For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will send you a prophet just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc.”

Did the people of his day believe that the man Jesus was some God, who had been born of a virgin? Of course not, the Jews who lived in the day of Jesus, knew that God had said to Moses that he would choose a man from among the Israelites and send him to speak in his name, and Peter in Acts 3: 22; verified that man to be Jesus the son of Mary, Plus the people of his day knew that he was the man that God had chosen from among the Israelites and sent to speak in his name, when on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, they cried out: “BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

You think that the man Jesus was the only begotten son of God, because of what the Lord said through his chosen prophet.

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus which was the earthly temple of our Lord God and savior which had been filled by the spirit=information=words of the Lord which had descended upon him in the form of a dove? “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?”

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by “Who I Am,” who raised the body of Jesus, the earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit on the day when he was baptised and the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my Son, This Day I have begotten thee."

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our saviour) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who said through his obedient servant Jesus; “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Cognition is carried by one's Spirit,
but the Spirit does not have hands,
so..cognition becomes lost behind.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I received this article in my e-mail a few days ago and I loved the simplicity of it, so I wanted to share it.

Baha’u’llah further explained that “the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.”

Take time to be alone. Meditate profoundly and pray daily. Focus on serving your community and contributing to the betterment of the world. You are not a body with a soul. You are a soul that temporarily has an association with a body.

https://bahaiteachings.org/what-will-we-carry-into-the-afterlife?
In my understanding the only thing we take with us is our karma and our wisdom. Nothing more.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Sad. the losing of oneself.
I won't even miss myself.
The memories for the others,
will have to do !