• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will We Carry Into the Afterlife?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh...I see...in the separation of the bodies...somehow.

What part of our cognizance will really go with us ?
that part of you that posted.....

but after your last breath....no more typing
no more words

when we meet......I will be able to 'see' the mud you are made of
so to speak
and you will 'see' the dust I will become
so to speak

then we get to mix the dreams we carry and build a playground

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We need bodies. We need experiences and distractions and feelings and all kinds of things which are not eternal.
I believe we only need physical bodies in this physical world because the soul works through the body while we are alive in a body, but it is the soul that directs human faculties. As outer circumstances are communicated to the soul by the eyes, ears, and brain, the soul communicates its desires through the brain to the physical body, which thereby expresses itself and leads to experiences and distractions and feelings and all kinds of things.

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind remains the same person, and he goes to the spiritual world where he continues the life he conducted in the physical world. The soul takes on some kind of a spiritual form made up of elements that exist in the spiritual world. Nobody can understand what that will be like before they die because the only reference point we have is the physical world and the physical body.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe we only need physical bodies in this physical world because the soul works through the body while we are alive in a body, but it is the soul that directs human faculties. As outer circumstances are communicated to the soul by the eyes, ears, and brain, the soul communicates its desires through the brain to the physical body, which thereby expresses itself and leads to experiences and distractions and feelings and all kinds of things.

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind remains the same person, and he goes to the spiritual world where he continues the life he conducted in the physical world. The soul takes on some kind of a spiritual form made up of elements that exist in the spiritual world. Nobody can understand what that will be like before they die because the only reference point we have is the physical world and the physical body.
:) I think we each have ideas which are unthinkable, which act like rocks in the stream of our thought and wear away only very slowly. We don't even see them just flow around them, but we each have our own pattern of rocks. What one person may think another cannot. Some can endure great physical agony but cannot imagine certain ideas. Others can think whatever they like but cannot even take a pinprick. Some people cannot throw anything away and find themselves crowded out of their own homes by junk. Some can never stop moving lest they be forced to remember horrible thoughts. Around the unthinkable we flow and die before our time, before the rocks dissolve we dry up.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
:) I think we each have ideas which are unthinkable, which act like rocks in the stream of our thought and wear away only very slowly. We don't even see them just flow around them, but we each have our own pattern of rocks. What one person may think another cannot. Some can endure great physical agony but cannot imagine certain ideas. Others can think whatever they like but cannot even take a pinprick. Some people cannot throw anything away and find themselves crowded out of their own homes by junk. Some can never stop moving lest they be forced to remember horrible thoughts. Around the unthinkable we flow and die before our time, before the rocks dissolve we dry up.
The upshot is all that is that we are all different from one another and no matter how much we try to explain what we believe to someone else if they cannot relate to it in some way, it will simply be like water going around the rocks and passing downstream. :)

I always try to understand other beliefs and non-beliefs but in doing so I can start to lose my own. That is the danger of stepping out of familiar terrain. It is not worth the risk for many people but I tend to be a risk taker.

The Anointed

It is the soul that communicates to the brain, and then the brain thinks.
When we die and no longer have a brain, the soul continues to think.

We could be in agreement here TB.

You are body, soul and spirit. Your body is created from the universal elements, and it is activated by the universal soul, which is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universal body, activating everything within the universe. It is to the universal soul=LIFE-FORCE, that all information or SPIRIT, is gathered.

YOU,” as a human being, are Body, Soul and Spirit, but “YOU” the invisible mind, are spirit. The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become ‘WHO YOU ARE’, and that parental spirit dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN]

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body.

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind The veil,
I lifted up my hands to find A lamp amid the Darkness;
and I heard, As from Without----
“The Me within Thee is blind.”----- By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected, either in this world, or in the next cycle of universal activity. Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” is then divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”

That emptied portion of God's eternal soul, in the next period of universal activity, will be given a new body in which a new spirit will develop. A new heart and a new mind.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected, either in this world, or in the next cycle of universal activity. Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” is then divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”

That emptied portion of God's eternal soul, in the next period of universal activity, will be given a new body in which a new spirit will develop. A new heart and a new mind.
I do not believe in the first death and the second death. I believe the physical body dies only once and it remains dead in forever. When the physical body dies, the spirit (soul) leaves the body and passes from one world into another.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

I call that other world the spiritual world, but there is no real separation, as the spiritual world is within this world.

“Those who have passed on through death, have a sphere of their own. It is not removed from ours; their work, the work of the Kingdom, is ours; but it is sanctified from what we call ‘time and place.’ Time with us is measured by the sun. When there is no more sunrise, and no more sunset, that kind of time does not exist for man. Those who have ascended have different attributes from those who are still on earth, yet there is no real separation.” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, pp. 95-96

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind remains the same person, and he goes to the spiritual world where he continues the life he conducted in the physical world. The soul takes on some kind of a spiritual form made up of elements that exist in the spiritual world.

After the soul takes its flight to the spiritual world, the soul continues to progress on its journey through the spiritual world where it will endure forever.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 155-156

The Anointed

I do not believe in the first death and the second death. I believe the physical body dies only once and it remains dead in forever. When the physical body dies, the spirit (soul) leaves the body and passes from one world into another.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

I call that other world the spiritual world, but there is no real separation, as the spiritual world is within this world.

“Those who have passed on through death, have a sphere of their own. It is not removed from ours; their work, the work of the Kingdom, is ours; but it is sanctified from what we call ‘time and place.’ Time with us is measured by the sun. When there is no more sunrise, and no more sunset, that kind of time does not exist for man. Those who have ascended have different attributes from those who are still on earth, yet there is no real separation.” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, pp. 95-96

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind remains the same person, and he goes to the spiritual world where he continues the life he conducted in the physical world. The soul takes on some kind of a spiritual form made up of elements that exist in the spiritual world.

After the soul takes its flight to the spiritual world, the soul continues to progress on its journey through the spiritual world where it will endure forever.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 155-156

TB wrote...I do not believe in the first death and the second death. I believe the physical body dies only once and it remains dead in forever. When the physical body dies, the spirit (soul) leaves the body and passes from one world into another.

Make up your mind, is the spirit or the soul that leaves the body and passes from one world into another.

And what do you believe the spirit in man is? and what do you believe the Soul in man is?

And do you believe that the spirit and soul of Man is immortal and can never die?

Do you believe that your Spirit=mind cannot be divided from the soul?

Thessalonians 5: 23 May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being — spirit, soul, and body — free from every fault at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You must love God with all your mind-spirit, with all your soul, the animating spirit, and with all your heart=body.

The body dies the first death, the mind that had developed within the body and was imprinted onto the soul of God, can be divided from the universal life force, which is the second death.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are you suggesting that those who came out of their graves three days after Jesus was crucified and entered the city and revealed themselves to many as the risen Christ, were the sons of God, who descended in the days of Jared, the father of Enoch, and defiled themselves with the daughters of man, who Peter refers to in 2 Peter 2: 4; God did not spare the angels who sinned, but threw them into hell, where they are kept chained in darkness, waiting for the Day of Judgment. Holman Christian Standard Bible For if God didn't spare the angels who sinned but threw them down into Tartarus and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment.
Jude verse 6; Remember the angels who did not stay within the limits of their proper authority, but abandoned their own dwelling place: they are bound with eternal chains in the darkness below, where God is keeping them for that great Day on which they will be condemned.
Those sons of God are still bound in chains in the darkness awaiting the Great day of Judgement.
Do you want to try again? Who were the saints who came out of their graves?

Jude verse 6 is about Tartarus and Not biblical hell.
Biblical hell ( sheol) is the grave where dead Jesus was when he died - Acts 2:27.
KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as: hell fire.
The fallen angels are neither in sheol ( grave ) nor Gehenna ( destruction ) but in Tartarus ( chains of darkness ) til their Judgement Day.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Unlike the ^ above ^ I find mortal Adam had a physical body in this physical/material world because Adam (humanity) was designed to live forever on Earth.
When Jesus referred to Psalms 37:9-11 he was referring to the physical body inheriting the Earth forever - Matthew 5:5.
Jesus believed humble meek people will inherit the Earth ( Earthly realm of God's kingdom - 'thy kingdom come....' )
The ' healing ' of earth's nations will take place on Earth according to Isaiah 35th chapter and Revelation 22:2.
'Healing' Not only for the living but for those who will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection to live again on Earth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Unlike the ^ above ^ I find mortal Adam had a physical body in this physical/material world because Adam (humanity) was designed to live forever on Earth.
When Jesus referred to Psalms 37:9-11 he was referring to the physical body inheriting the Earth forever - Matthew 5:5.
Jesus believed humble meek people will inherit the Earth ( Earthly realm of God's kingdom - 'thy kingdom come....' )
The ' healing ' of earth's nations will take place on Earth according to Isaiah 35th chapter and Revelation 22:2.
'Healing' Not only for the living but for those who will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection to live again on Earth.
I believe this is a misunderstanding of Bible verses.

Psalms 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth

These verses say nothing about living on the earth forever after our physical bodies die.

I believe these verses are referring to the generations of LIVING people who will inherit the earth and live forever during the Golden Age of mankind.

“God’s purpose is none other than to usher in, in ways He alone can bring about, and the full significance of which He alone can fathom, the Great, the Golden Age of a long-divided, a long-afflicted humanity. Its present state, indeed even its immediate future, is dark, distressingly dark. Its distant future, however, is radiant, gloriously radiant—so radiant that no eye can visualize it......” The Promised Day is Come, p. 116

God’s Purpose

During that age, the evil doers will be cut off because evil will be no more, because “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.”

Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

What this means to a Baha’i is that In the future diverse religions and races will become comrades, friends and companions. The contentions of races, the differences of religions, and the barriers between nations will be completely removed, and all will attain perfect union and reconciliation. Eventually, there will be only one religion, the religion of God, and all people will live together in peace and harmony.

Physical bodies are mortal so they cannot live forever; the soul is immortal so it lives forever, but not on a physical earth in a physical body. We will have a body to house the soul, but it will be a spiritual body.

“The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 157

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194

The earth can only accommodate so many people. If you thought about it you would realize that it is impossible for dead people to rise from their graves and continue to live forever on earth because that would mean that no more people could be born and live on earth. It would effectively end birth and death, depriving more people of being born and living life on earth.

The Anointed

Jude verse 6 is about Tartarus and Not biblical hell.
Biblical hell ( sheol) is the grave where dead Jesus was when he died - Acts 2:27.
KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as: hell fire.
The fallen angels are neither in sheol ( grave ) nor Gehenna ( destruction ) but in Tartarus ( chains of darkness ) til their Judgement Day.

Crucifixion was a rite in the mysteries of many countries and especially those of Egypt, See ‘The Secret Doctrines,’ vol. 11, p. 558. The initiated adept, who had successfully passed all the trials, was tied to a cross deep inside a Temple Crypt or cave, he was then drugged and plunged into a deep sleep in which state, in the darkness of the bowels of the earth, he remained for three days and three nights, during which time his spirit=mind, is said to have descended into Hades to communicate with the Gods.

After being crucified and his body laid in the bowels of the earth (The Grave) where it (His Body) remained for three days and three nights, Jesus, being made dead in the flesh but alive in spirit=mind then went and preached the Good News also to the imprisoned spirits, to those who were disobedient long ago, in the days of Noah, etc. 1st Peter 3: 19-21

The imprisoned spirits, are those sons of the daughters of man and the sons of God. (Half man, half angel) And not those angels who had abandoned their own original habitat and descended in the days of Enoch's father Jared, and who defiled themselves with the daughters of man, and who, according to Jude the half brother to Jesus and 2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.

Tartarus is hell and not Hades which is the world of the living minds of the dead bodies.

Luke 16: 23.The rich man died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham...

Acts 2: 27; For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One rot in the grave.

Body in the grave, Soul in Hades.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
TB wrote...I do not believe in the first death and the second death. I believe the physical body dies only once and it remains dead in forever. When the physical body dies, the spirit (soul) leaves the body and passes from one world into another.

Make up your mind, is the spirit or the soul that leaves the body and passes from one world into another.

And what do you believe the spirit in man is? and what do you believe the Soul in man is?
The soul and the spirit of man designate the same entity.

“The human spirit which distinguishes man from the animal is the rational soul, and these two names—the human spirit and the rational soul—designate one thing. This spirit, which in the terminology of the philosophers is the rational soul, embraces all beings, and as far as human ability permits discovers the realities of things and becomes cognizant of their peculiarities and effects, and of the qualities and properties of beings. But the human spirit, unless assisted by the spirit of faith, does not become acquainted with the divine secrets and the heavenly realities. It is like a mirror which, although clear, polished and brilliant, is still in need of light. Until a ray of the sun reflects upon it, it cannot discover the heavenly secrets.

But the mind is the power of the human spirit. Spirit is the lamp; mind is the light which shines from the lamp. Spirit is the tree, and the mind is the fruit. Mind is the perfection of the spirit and is its essential quality, as the sun’s rays are the essential necessity of the sun.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 208-209
And do you believe that the spirit and soul of Man is immortal and can never die?
Yes I believe all souls are immortal. Some souls will have eternal life (nearness to God) and some souls who are far from God will not have eternal life.

I explained what I mean by eternal life on another thread: #981 Trailblazer, Today at 3:55 PM
Do you believe that your Spirit=mind cannot be divided from the soul?
See above. The mind is the power of the human spirit. If the mind bears no spiritual fruit then it is like a barren tree. We then become as dead souls but the soul still exists because the soul cannot be destroyed.
Thessalonians 5: 23 May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being — spirit, soul, and body — free from every fault at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You must love God with all your mind-spirit, with all your soul, the animating spirit, and with all your heart=body.

The body dies the first death, the mind that had developed within the body and was imprinted onto the soul of God, can be divided from the universal life force, which is the second death.
Can you explain the second death in more detail? Not too much detail, just enough so I can understand what you mean.

The Anointed

The soul and the spirit of man designate the same entity.

“The human spirit which distinguishes man from the animal is the rational soul, and these two names—the human spirit and the rational soul—designate one thing. This spirit, which in the terminology of the philosophers is the rational soul, embraces all beings, and as far as human ability permits discovers the realities of things and becomes cognizant of their peculiarities and effects, and of the qualities and properties of beings. But the human spirit, unless assisted by the spirit of faith, does not become acquainted with the divine secrets and the heavenly realities. It is like a mirror which, although clear, polished and brilliant, is still in need of light. Until a ray of the sun reflects upon it, it cannot discover the heavenly secrets.

But the mind is the power of the human spirit. Spirit is the lamp; mind is the light which shines from the lamp. Spirit is the tree, and the mind is the fruit. Mind is the perfection of the spirit and is its essential quality, as the sun’s rays are the essential necessity of the sun.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 208-209

Yes I believe all souls are immortal. Some souls will have eternal life (nearness to God) and some souls who are far from God will not have eternal life.

I explained what I mean by eternal life on another thread: #981 Trailblazer, Today at 3:55 PM

See above. The mind is the power of the human spirit. If the mind bears no spiritual fruit then it is like a barren tree. We then become as dead souls but the soul still exists because the soul cannot be destroyed.

Can you explain the second death in more detail? Not too much detail, just enough so I can understand what you mean.

Spirit=mind, soul= animating lifeforce, to which the developing mind is imprinted, and which returns to God with the death of body, which body is returned to the universal elements from which it was created.

God is concerned with the mind, not the meat. That's why God does not consider an unborn fetus as a total human being, having not yet developed an independent mind that is not shared by the parental body in which it is developing, only when it take in its first breath, does it begin to develop an independent spirit.

Exodus 21: 22; “If some men are fighting and hurt a pregnant woman so that she loses her child, but she is not injured in any other way, the one who hurt her is to be fined whatever amount the woman's husband demands, subject to the approval of the judges. But if the woman herself is injured, the punishment shall be life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Rather than using capital punishment to rid the world of psychopathic murderers and child molesting murderers, etc, mankind in the main, are more interested in the meat rather than the mind, and would prefer to come up with a drug that creates a total loss of memory, then reprogram that lump of living meat with a set of new memories, thereby destroying the person, who is the mind, in order to keep the meat alive.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, it is the mind-spirit that is the potential child of God, but the malformed, twisted and malignant mind, can be divided from the soul, leaving that soul as a dead thing having no personality, of which it is said, God will give to those souls a new heart=body and a new spirit=mind, that will develop within that new body in a world of righteousness.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The teaching about the immortal soul began with Satan in Eden with the first lie that Eve would Not die.
Eve did die and to perpetuate that lie is the teaching about an immortal separate part of the human.
Adam was mortal, All of Adam was mortal, Adam did Not become a living soul until after his God breathed the breath of life into life-less Adam - Genesis 2:7.
There was No post-mortem life, Not double jeopardy for dead Adam, just Adam ' returning ' to where he started - the dust - Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, it is the mind-spirit that is the potential child of God, but the malformed, twisted and malignant mind, can be divided from the soul, leaving that soul as a dead thing having no personality, of which it is said, God will give to those souls a new heart=body and a new spirit=mind, that will develop within that new body in a world of righteousness.
In context 1 Corinthians 15 is addressing Not people in general but Jesus ' brothers ' ( includes his ' brothers' at the time of Matthew 25:40 )
Those ' brothers ' have the heavenly calling to have that first or earlier resurrection to heaven - Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10.
These 'brothers' are the ones of 1 Corinthians 15:50 and like the people of Luke 22:28-30.

They ( the brothers) inherit the kingdom -> Daniel 7:18
The rest are part of ' thy kingdom come..... '
We do Not pray to be ' taken away ' to the kingdom, nor pray to be ' taken up ' to the kingdom but for God's will to be done on Earth.....
God's will (His purpose) for Earth is that ' enemy death ' be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

The Anointed

In context 1 Corinthians 15 is addressing Not people in general but Jesus ' brothers ' ( includes his ' brothers' at the time of Matthew 25:40 )
Those ' brothers ' have the heavenly calling to have that first or earlier resurrection to heaven - Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10.
These 'brothers' are the ones of 1 Corinthians 15:50 and like the people of Luke 22:28-30.

They ( the brothers) inherit the kingdom -> Daniel 7:18
The rest are part of ' thy kingdom come..... '
We do Not pray to be ' taken away ' to the kingdom, nor pray to be ' taken up ' to the kingdom but for God's will to be done on Earth.....
God's will (His purpose) for Earth is that ' enemy death ' be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Physical death will be no more, only when there are no more physical beings.

Whereas the concept of the death of the body, which is the womb in which You, the invisible mind=spirit develops, is the end of your life, is conquered when you truly believe in the resurrection to ever lasting life, as revealed through God's servant, 'The man Jesus,' which will not be in a physical body. But in a body of glorious and blinding light, which appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus, from which body of Light came the voice which said; "I am Jesus of Nazareth, who you persecute."

To the atheist, death will never be conquered, the reward for the disembodied spirit, is that which the mind believes, those who believe in the resurrection find peace and rest in death as they await their resurrection.

Enoch, the heir to the throne of the most High in the creation, was in the valley of man for three days of one thousand years, before he was resurrected as the man Jesus, over whom, the second death had no power.

John 14: 30; " I cannot talk with you much longer, because (Death) the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me, but the world must know that I love the Father; that is why I do everything as he commands me.

But What is the reward that the mind receives,
Surely it is, what that mind believes
So the mind that rejects eternity
When freed from its body, where will it be?

What is that body that gave to you birth?
Is it nothing but elements taken from earth?
Or was it created from the spirits and souls
Of your ancestors who, are from times that are old?

Believe as you will, but remember this verse,
When your coffin is placed in the back of the hearse;
The reward that the mind must surely receive
Is that which the mind (Not in the hearse) believes....... The Anointed

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 14:30 the ruler is Not death but Satan. Satan is the wicked one - 1 John 5:19; John 12:31; John 16:11
Satan misleads the world as per Revelation 12:12,9

' Enemy death' will be No more on Earth ( 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8 )
People will be healthy as described in the Isaiah 35th chapter.
No one will say, " I am sick...." (Isaiah 33:24) does Not mean there will be No one on Earth.
Earth is a gift from God - Psalms 115:16 - an Earth that abides forever - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B.
The people of Matthew 25:37 are living people who have the opportunity to be alive on Earth.
Alive on Earth because there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
Any thoughts about Revelation 21:3-4 __________________________

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe this is a misunderstanding of Bible verses.
Psalms 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth

These verses say nothing about living on the earth forever after our physical bodies die.
I believe these verses are referring to the generations of LIVING people who will inherit the earth and live forever during the Golden Age of mankind.
“God’s purpose is none other than to usher in, in ways He alone can bring about, and the full significance of which He alone can fathom, the Great, the Golden Age of a long-divided, a long-afflicted humanity. Its present state, indeed even its immediate future, is dark, distressingly dark. Its distant future, however, is radiant, gloriously radiant—so radiant that no eye can visualize it......” The Promised Day is Come, p. 116
God’s Purpose

During that age, the evil doers will be cut off because evil will be no more, because “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.”
Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
What this means to a Baha’i is that In the future diverse religions and races will become comrades, friends and companions. The contentions of races, the differences of religions, and the barriers between nations will be completely removed, and all will attain perfect union and reconciliation. Eventually, there will be only one religion, the religion of God, and all people will live together in peace and harmony.
Physical bodies are mortal so they cannot live forever..........

To me the Golden Age is Jesus coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth for a thousand years - Revelation 20:6.

Because Adam was mortal the only reason Adam did Not live forever is because Adam broke God's Law that carried with it the death penalty.
Adam was offered everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth forever.
Since we are innocent of what father Adam did is why Jesus paid the ' ransom ' price for us - Matthew 20:28.
Sin and death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8. ( there is No death in Heaven )
Thus, with No ' enemy death ' on Earth the physical can live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam.

Jesus will have earthy subjects, earthy citizens according to Psalm 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14.
At the end of the thousand-year reign of Christ, then he hands back God's kingdom to his God - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Jesus will have accomplished everlasting life on Earth for the majority of earth's people .
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24. No sickness = No more death.