• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what makes a Christian?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'm sorry, but you keep going on about the Rebbe. Here is ALL I have to say about him. He was a great and righteous Jew, whom I admired very much. He is not the messiah. And now he is gone, so he is no longer an interest. You might try looking for a Chabadnik to discuss him with.
Evidently he IS an interest -- a big one among many Jews. Now.

YoursTrue

I'm sorry, but you keep going on about the Rebbe. Here is ALL I have to say about him. He was a great and righteous Jew, whom I admired very much. He is not the messiah. And now he is gone, so he is no longer an interest. You might try looking for a Chabadnik to discuss him with.
Just saying again that your opinion is not shared by all Jews. To repeat, 25 years after his death, crowds flock to Chabad rebbe's grave | The Times of Israel
Crowds flock to his grave.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There were rules for sacrificing. But, I don't think the law really demands that people must sacrifice.
The priest did the sacrificing in the OT.
When there was No priest around a person could make a sacrifice as Noah did.
The animal sacrifices were pictorial leading up to Christ as the sacrificial lamb.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes! As noted by Windwalker, I think we are talking about two different things. Salvation is not by works but if you are saved, works are the fruit of it.
.... saved as long as one endures to the end - Matthew 24:13; Mark 13:13
Endure faithful to the end of one's life, or be found faithful at the coming time of separation on Earth - Matthew 25:31-34,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........ Basically for us, the messiah is simply the man who will rule from Jerusalem during the messianic era -- the last era of the earth before the resurrection... He will usher in this era of worldwide peace, and bring all the Jews out in the world back to the land of Israel. He is a very earthly leader. His kingdom is of THIS world.
" Thy kingdom come......" does connect to Earth.
What Isaiah 35th chapter describes is about: Earth.
When No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24 - applies to Earth
And so does Isaiah 25:8 that death will stop on Earth.
Since 'Earth abides forever' - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalms 104:5 then what will be gone is: wickedness on Earth.
The wicked destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22
So, to me it is the last era of bad earthly people and Not the planet before the resurrection.
A physical resurrection back to live life on Earth as the prophets in the old Hebrew Scriptures performed.
The difference for Christians is that Messiah will govern from a heavenly Jerusalem.
' Jerusalem above ' according to Galatians 4:26.
Then, we can meet people like King David who will be a prince on Earth - Psalms 45:16; Ezekiel 34:24; Isaiah 32:1

YoursTrue

Wow, you are really obsessed.
I'm just telling you like it is. As far as I am concerned, M. Schneerson is in the ground. Do you know the body in a coffin turns to mush after a while. And yes, it smells pretty bad if a person is unfortunate enough to get a whiff of the remains. I should say his body is in the ground. I hope to see if he is brought back from the dead someday.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm just telling you the truth. I didn't make it up that M. Schneerson still has a large following...
Look, I've let you know more than once that I'm not interested in this topic. It is rude of you to continue to push it, but whatever. I'm simply going to ignore further posts from you on the Rebbe.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
.... saved as long as one endures to the end - Matthew 24:13; Mark 13:13
Endure faithful to the end of one's life, or be found faithful at the coming time of separation on Earth - Matthew 25:31-34,37
Of course, we would have to define what "faithful to the end" looks like.

DNB

Christian
Yes

You're right with that

He was more than just a man, he is also God

No, being at God's right hand side is metaphor for him being co-equal with God

He didn't earn that position

He has always been that way

Wrong

So very wrong I had to say "no" to it three times!
...well, then, to answer your OP: you're not a Christian, unfortunately.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Of course, we would have to define what "faithful to the end" looks like.
I would suppose what Jesus looked like 'faithful to the end' by his words and actions on his day of death.
As far as Jesus' 'other sheep' who are alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time (Matthew 25:31-34,37) they would be found faithful at that separating time by taking their stand obeying Jesus even in the face of death.
If need be trusting in the Resurrection Hope (John 6:40,44) and if still alive coming through the great tribulation and Armageddon.
- Isaiah 26:20

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK I don't want to take the thread off topic so I'll bow out for now on the question of the bible being "fine with slavery" even though that's bandied around quite a bit. For the record, no one posted any bible passages supporting this concept.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
AFAIK, the only requirement is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior.
It's like we share one brain!

I keep seeing this thread's title pop up,
& I'm thinking it's a recipe.
- 3 cups faith
- 1 cup blind obedience
- 1 tablespoon Ned Flanders
- 2 cups Bible learn'n
- 1 cup of sinful desires (for temptations to overcome)
- A pinch of Elmer Gantry
- 1 pint holy water

Mix it all together slowly at first, & then
working it with more & more fervor.