• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what makes a Christian?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
2 Timothy 3:12

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

That's correct. Earthly Christianity does Self-Harm and Harms Others.

You have it Inverted. Happy to say I'm on the receiving end of 24/7 Satanic Ritual Abuse. I live in a Marquis de Sade Stronghold area.

I Am Christian Gnostic viewed a Heretic by the Universal Roman Catholic Church and subject of an ongoing Inquisition by said Church.

I Am Ultra Extremist Celibate and Non-Violent Christian.
OK

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, the Jewish idea of messiah is significantly different from Christians. There doesn't exist in Judiasm any notion that the Messiah will die and rise and save us from our sins. Basically for us, the messiah is simply the man who will rule from Jerusalem during the messianic era -- the last era of the earth before the resurrection... He will usher in this era of worldwide peace, and bring all the Jews out in the world back to the land of Israel. He is a very earthly leader. His kingdom is of THIS world.

I believe Christians derive our understanding of the first appearance of Jesus from Isa. 53. Otherwise we only have the fact that Jesus claimed to be the Messiah.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Because:
If it's the right faith to him
Does not imply it's the right faith to all
Hence phrasing it as a claim for all is wrong

I believe when I was doing jail ministry there were those who had faith in stealing. It wasn't working well for them so I believe the proof is in the results.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe Christians derive our understanding of the first appearance of Jesus from Isa. 53. Otherwise we only have the fact that Jesus claimed to be the Messiah.
Yes, I realize that you do. And I'm sure that by now you understand that for Jews, Isaiah 53 is not about the Messiah at all, but about Israel.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It wasn't working well for them so I believe the proof is in the results.
True

I believe when I was doing jail ministry there were those who had faith in stealing
They had faith in "ending up in jail" I guess

We seem to talk about different faiths

They had
"Faith in stealing"
They had
"Faith in others stealing from them"
also?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Doesn't it matter what you do with it once you've accepted?
Sure does matter according to Jesus at Matthew 24:13; Mark 13:13
One must endure faithful to the end. End of one's life or be found faithful at Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-34,37
One can also loose one's 'saved' position by commiting the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32

Muffled

Jesus in me
True

They had faith in "ending up in jail" I guess

We seem to talk about different faiths

They had
"Faith in stealing"
They had
"Faith in others stealing from them"
also?

I believe so. Since most of the people in jail believed the way they did, then everyone would be a suspect. Once when I was doing street ministry talking to alcoholics, one of them stole the other mans bottle of booze. Addictions were often a cause for stealing and sometime it would take violence to steal things so they were on board with that as well.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe so. Since most of the people in jail believed the way they did, then everyone would be a suspect. Once when I was doing street ministry talking to alcoholics, one of them stole the other mans bottle of booze. Addictions were often a cause for stealing and sometime it would take violence to steal things so they were on board with that as well.
If addictions cause this violence (stealing etc)
Then best to solve the cause of addictions
Not an easy one to solve

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If addictions cause this violence (stealing etc)
Then best to solve the cause of addictions
Not an easy one to solve
We need to stop blaming addicts for their condition and look for ways to help them. Addiction, like mental illness, is a major cause of homelessness.