• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you most hungry for?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your deepest spiritual desire?

What is it you seek?

Can it be found by members here, in a book, or through other esoteric knowledge?

What is it you wish to gain from this insight and why does this knowledge matter?

What is your endgame?

And preemptively, you cannot answer Ethiopian food or pizza. I already have dibs on the latter.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

What is it you seek?

Can it be found by members here, in a book, or through other esoteric knowledge?

What is it you wish to gain from this insight and why does this knowledge matter?

What is your endgame?

And preemptively, you cannot answer Ethiopian food or pizza. I already have dibs on the latter.

Good questions!

I don't know that I am still actually "seeking" - I am wonderfully content at the moment. I just pray it lasts :)

Here's a little something I wrote a while back that kinda sums up where I'm at -

Nirvana

I've been to the place where it all makes sense
Where there is no past or future tense
To get there is easy - you may find
All you need is a quiet mind

Wishing all of you "seekers" all the best!

Namaste

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know about "spiritual," but my deepest desires are impossibilities in the apparent world. Which probably explains why I'm a fan of working with the otherworlds and role-playing. There is no "end game" for such things. There is always another story to be had. The idea of an "end game" is rather chilling, actually. It would mean I've gone braindead. :sweat:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think most people -- not everyone but most people -- "turn to god"* when something goes wrong in their lives, as an escape from it. They don't "seek god"* nearly so fervently when they're happy or content.

*When I speak of "turning to god" or "seeking god" in this post, I mean ultimate reality, however one defines it. For some folks, that's a god, for others it's something else.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

To qualify for life in the place I was designed to live.....Planet Earth cleansed of all the things that man has done to ruin it. This is my home...I desire to live nowhere else.

What is it you seek?

I am no longer "seeking". Jesus said if we "keep knocking....keep seeking"....and don't give up...we will arrive at our destination...our spiritual home. He said we would "know the truth" and that it would "set us free". I have already been experiencing this freedom for many years......it makes me very content. :)

The truth is right there in plain sight. But not everyone is attracted to it. Only those who recognize a diamond in the rough will value it.

Gaining knowledge about who I am....where I came from....and where I am going is vital for me. It helps me see what adjustments I need to make to become a more acceptable worshipper of my God, whom I adore. To me, he is the epitome of all that is good and his character has been very maligned by his enemies misrepresenting him and his activities. It matters to me that his name and reputation are cleared of all reproach.

What is your endgame?

My ultimate goal is to enjoy what my God has created.....forever.....with no harm or ruin ever being done to the earth or to its inhabitants ever again. I believe that what we lost in the beginning will be returned to us, and we will have proven worthy of the Master's trust by reaping the rewards he promised.

You mean Ethiopians make pizza???? o_O

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It cannot be articulated beyond endless growth.

What is it you seek?
What I don't know.

Indeed.

To balance my creativity in understanding.

What is your endgame?
There is no end...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What is it you seek?

What is your endgame?

Actually, I don't know. I didn't know I was supposed to seek anything until I came on RF and watched people have faith and jump of the cliff. Others watch and chuckle to themselves. Some say "that doesn't happen to me" a sort of inner pride separating one from humanity saying more "I never see it that way: that doesn't apply to me" type of thing.

I guess I'm hungry to watch and study how people make sense of the world while some do so by isolating themselves from humanity while others can't live without "us".

My passion is to live as an artist and incorporate the love of art into my daily decisons. I don't have a purpose/reason for living. Don't know why. Maybe its a fad I missed out on.

Endgame?

I like The Buddha's view that life ends with death; no rebirth. To me, that is realistic. I can believe in anything but in the end it comes down to that.

Why not learn about death and suffering than to avoid it for what makes sense now at present? I have a vision impairment. I walk with a white cane when my vision goes. Earlier I was crossing a busy street. The lights were red. I got the middle and the wind was so strong it broke my cane. Someone got out of their car to help me cross the street.

My purpose is gratitude and appreciation. Beyond that, checkmate.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It cannot be articulated beyond endless growth.

What I don't know.

Indeed.

To balance my creativity in understanding.

There is no end...

Yes, kind of agree with this. Or endless change which allows for endless growth.

What I hope to gain though is power over self. Maybe freedom from my own hinderance.

I also don't think there is an end game. Just a never ending story with no creator/master plan to come to fruition.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I strive to continue to be the best person I can be, both with myself and the people around me.
Taming the ego, trying to be self-less. Attainment via the alchemical and magical process.
Trying to fully appreciate the life and people around me and truly live the quote in my signature "existence is pure joy" undeterred by the terrible things that happen in life.

Kindness, love, respect, compassion but all self-directed and in accordance with Will (which is an ongoing process in attainment). :)

Also, I wouldn't mind a hamburger right now! :joycat:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Holiness, and life with the holy. A life without vanity, and deceit, and ego driven gloryseeking. Thats my endgame. Because i can conceive of no greater thing.

Aldrnari

Just simply to know, to center myself, and to use what I've learned to do the best that I can.

Plus, learning is a fun hobby for me. :D

What is it you seek?

To feed my ever growing sense of awe in what people have dreamt, to arm myself with better tools to deal with the nature of reality, and to apply it (or something inspired) in a way that not only improves my own day to day life, but also the lives of those who I interact with.

Also, my own practices allow me to express myself in a way that I feel allows me to stay honest not only to myself, but to others.

Sure- though, in the end, everyone's path is their own. Everyone sees life through the lenses of their own experiences. They should strive to work on their weaknesses and to capitalize on their own strengths.

Knowing things allows you to make better decisions in life, and it gives you an advantage when dealing with adversity.

What is your endgame?

To be the best version of me I can be, to positively impact those around me, and to have fun along the way. :)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

What is it you seek?

What is your endgame?

Peace and I'll probably only achieve it when I breath my last breath.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
My desire is that people could live pleasantly, in coexistence and equal opportunity, while knowing how to be good to one another, and not inflict suffering on other beings. In short, I'm highly empathetic and seeing suffering in the world is painful. I always feel so deeply hurt about everything being in hardship and torments.

I trust I don't need to explain much what finally led me to embrace Buddhism then. Here was this entire tradition and literary treasure trove devoted to the problem of suffering.

Here were the people that had made suffering and ending it their concern. Here was the Lord Buddha- the kind of teacher I always wanted, who was genuinely good of heart, full of love and pity, and without bad motives.

The beauty of the Buddha and all of the above made me Buddhist. I remain Buddhist because suffering and ignorance persist.

Hope I gave a satisfactory answer.