• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome To The New Religious Forums

Sees

Dragonslayer
Sorry if these have been asked:

Will our Religions be listed under our names again or not? It's no big deal, but I did find it useful to check and see the poster's religion to know where they're coming from before reading their post.

Will our old posts be inserted into the "View User's Posts"? I found it useful to see threads I responded to and see if I got any replies.

What inspired RF to upgrade?

Yeah the Religion part seems a bit of a requirement with the DIRs and all. Hoping that and Description goes back to personal details soon.

Stormcry

Hello mod I've had one problem here on this new forum software ..I can't login with my username ..It seems broken ... My username: Hinduism♥Krishna Please fix this... Thank You

Jensen

It seems that I can't post without moderation? when I had made a post already without it? Why?
I've been a member since about 2005, and so if I need moderating, maybe I'm done with this forum....

Renji

I have some problems with searching posts on the search bar. It always display an error message.

Renji

It seems that I can't post without moderation? when I had made a post already without it? Why?
I've been a member since about 2005, and so if I need moderating, maybe I'm done with this forum....
I can see your post. :p

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's doing that to me, too.

Yeah, I wish I could tell you guys what's going on, but I don't know myself. From a staff perspective, there's now a bar where certain posts get flagged in the moderation que. I've been approving a few of those that are getting wrongly blocked, but I'm going to have to head off to bed soon.

Renji

Maybe there should be a thread or something that should explain the changes in the forum?

I love the changes though. :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe there should be a thread or something that should explain the changes in the forum?

100% agree. I think this will be a great system but there are some things that are missing on the staff end that I'm super confused about right now. And the quantity of posts getting auto-blocked is just silly. I had to approve this one right up here. Maybe it's trying to be smart by catching a Rule 2.

Huh. Anyone know where the rules page went? ROFL.

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
There is an issue where some of you get a no permission error. It is being worked on. Very sorry!

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy

100% agree. I think this will be a great system but there are some things that are missing on the staff end that I'm super confused about right now. And the quantity of posts getting auto-blocked is just silly. I had to approve this one right up here. Maybe it's trying to be smart by catching a Rule 2.

There will be. We are still on the rough side of things and working through the serious issues. We will make sure over the next day or so that everyone is as informed on the new features, for staff and members, as you can possibly be.

Renji

And btw, I've been reloading RF since I opened the site this day. Experiencing a lot of crashes

Oh no, someone stole it! :D

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
Experiencing a lot of crashes

Give me all the information you can on the crashes and I will do what I can to fix them. When they occur, where they occur, what kind of browser you are using, operating system, what kind of shorts you were wearing... to an IT guy when it comes to 'crashes' you can not give to much information.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh no, someone stole it! :D

How the heck am I supposed to banhammaz without dem rules? Wait... wait a second...

*looks around*

WHERE'S MAH HAMMER!?

Maybe they should've waited to switch it over until they had the official skin and setup all worked out.

Nah, it's better this way. Other forums I've used - when they had a protracted downtime - suffered for it. And by down time, I mean more than a week at a time the site was down. This has been an amazingly smooth transition all things considered. Definitely like what I'm seeing so far, there are just a few things that I'm used to seeing that perhaps have not been set up yet. Or I'm just dumb and don't know what I'm doing anymore. XD

Renji

Give me all the information you can on the crashes and I will do what I can to fix them. When they occur, where they occur, what kind of browser you are using, operating system, what kind of shorts you were wearing... to an IT guy when it comes to 'crashes' you can not give to much information.

Well, I'm using Chrome. I keep on receiving message (since today) which tells me that the website isn't responding, giving me an option to kill the pages or wait for it to respond. Same time, there are times that when I open threads, RF would just stop loading and I would have to either reload or reopen the website.

And yeah I'm a korean guy wearing green t-shirt, a big eyeglass and a white short in a computer shop somewhere in Asia. So if you do find me, come on, let's have some soju. :p

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
Well, I'm using Chrome. I keep on receiving message (since today) which tells me that the website isn't responding, giving me an option to kill the pages or wait for it to respond. Same time, there are times that when I open threads, RF would just stop loading and I would have to either reload or reopen the website.

And yeah I'm a korean guy wearing green t-shirt and a white short in a computer shop somewhere in Asia. So if you do find me, come on, let's have some soju. :p

What version of chrome and what version of flash? Sounds like flash is corrupted on your computer. Flash is used for uploading images here.

Renji

What version of chrome and what version of flash? Sounds like flash is corrupted on your computer. Flash is used for uploading images here.
Version 38.0.2125.111 m to be exact. tried it on other websites and I don't actually experience the same thing.