• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome To The New Religious Forums

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I clicked on the "Your Content" link, but the problem is that the listing doesn't tell me if there's been any responses, whereas the old format did. Instead I have to click on "New Posts", but then it's not always clear which particular thread I posted on and when as well as whether there's been any responses, whereas with the old format I could tell. Am I doing something else wrong that I'm missing here?

What could clear this up would be if we could click on "Your Content" and see which posts have had responses.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I clicked on the "Your Content" link, but the problem is that the listing doesn't tell me if there's been any responses, whereas the old format did. Instead I have to click on "New Posts", but then it's not always clear which particular thread I posted on and when as well as whether there's been any responses, whereas with the old format I could tell. Am I doing something else wrong that I'm missing here?

What could clear this up would be if we could click on "Your Content" and see which posts have had responses.
Yes, if there have been responses (get don't your hopes up) the thread will show up when you click "Watched Threads". No responses, nothing will be on the list. I don't know what "Watched Forums" means.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, if there have been responses (get don't your hopes up) the thread will show up when you click "Watched Threads". No responses, nothing will be on the list. I don't know what "Watched Forums" means.
Thanks, and I'll try that link out again.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am getting to like the new format more and more. It was uphill at first and I thought I might not learn it but now I like it much more than the last format and it is prettier.

gnostic

The Lost One
I miss reading some funny messages that come with the frubals being received. :(

And that mean, I can't sent funny messages of my own with the frubals...well, I hoped that they were funny. *scratch head* :fearscream:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't miss frubals.

There are "likes" and there are "points". What are points please?

For the new people I shall tell them points use to be bad things. Get three and get restricted from posting. That rule seems to have gone away. Did it?

Rex

Founder
I think what we are going to do is just replace the word "like" with Frubal, add ability to have a comment. Basically same as the old system did.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think what we are going to do is just replace the word "like" with Frubal, add ability to have a comment. Basically same as the old system did.
The word "like" is a small award, given as a +1. A frubal is a large award, given for a very meritorious post or so it seems to me. :warning:

But comments would be just the thing
to soothe the ongoing upset yapping.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The new software remembers a post I did not complete even after I leave That's cool!
But that's not what I wanted to say. I think most of us are having fun discovering the new forum. On the old forum it was months before I discovered the app that goes to the last post read. So I'll share something useful I have discovered here.

The alerts list can be confusing. If you hover the mouse over it the red alert goes away. Then go to your Watched Threads list and there you will see what's happening in an orderly fashion.

Reactions: Rex

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yah. Something new here. The last froum required five marks to post so sometimes . was needed. That is a dot. Now we can post just one mark. I don't know why it makes me happy. What's wrong with happy?