• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad

Veteran Member
Well, I never said that I don't make mistake. I am human and to err is with the humans. It is for this that I don't value history unless it is supported by Quran or the history supports Quran. Right? Please
Regards

By the way what mistake did I make? Please
Regards

Clear confirmation bias yet put forward unwittingly. Your involvement in this thread is useless as you willing dismiss any evidence that does not conform to your religious presuppositions.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Was Islam spread by the sword?
No.
For example:
Spread of Islam in Chile: [3]

The statistics for Islam in Chile estimate a total Muslim population of approximately 4,000, representing less than 0.1% of the population.[1]

Since the September the 11th Attacks, there has been a minor, initial backlash against the Muslim community, as part of wider trend of suspicion towards Muslims in non-Muslim countries, although it is believed that the Muslim community as a whole, has remained well-integrated in broader Chilean society.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Chile

“There are always people coming to the mosque out of curiosity,” states Imam Sami Elmushtawi. “Nevertheless, it is very satisfactory when I see their faces after leaving the mosque, or when they return again. Some people come to learn Arabic, and some come to learn more about Islam. But definitely it gives me greater joy that the Muslim community is increasing in Chile.”
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/muslimschile.htm

Country/Region: Chile
Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1]:4,000
Muslim percentage (%) of total population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Percentage (%) of World Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country
I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Chile . Do you see any?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

cambridge79

Country/Region: Chile
Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1]:4,000
Muslim percentage (%) of total population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Percentage (%) of World Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country
I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Chile . Do you see any?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

if muslims were spreading islam with the sword in chile in order to become less than the 0.1 % of te population they would be probably the most incopetent warriors that ever existed on earth :D:D:D

can you prepare a similar page for the spreading of islam in spain during the ummayad period?

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
if muslims were spreading islam with the sword in chile in order to become less than the 0.1 % of te population they would be probably the most incopetent warriors that ever existed on earth :D:D:D
One may laugh till one's throat is hoarse with the laughter and one gets one or two tears in one's eyes, then please ponder seriously on the sign that without a sword Islam has spread in Chile. Like it spread in Chile , it spread in other countries of the world as well.
Regards

cambridge79

One may laugh till one's throat is hoarse with the laughter and one gets one or two tears in one's eyes, then please ponder seriously on the sign that without a sword Islam has spread in Chile. Like it spread in Chile , it spread in other countries of the world as well.
Regards

So, you say in one discussion that in current times islam is all a lie except what is preached by your denomination while in this discussion you praise the spreading of islam no matter what denomination is involved as long as they call themselves muslims.
can't you see the contradiction of what you're doing?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So, you say in one discussion that in current times islam is all a lie except what is preached by your denomination while in this discussion you praise the spreading of islam no matter what denomination is involved as long as they call themselves muslims.
can't you see the contradiction of what you're doing?
Did one see any sword for spreading Islam in Chile? That is the question here in this thread.
Sword is always a hindrance in the spread of Islam. Islam always spreads peacefully.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Did one see any sword for spreading Islam in Chile? That is the question here in this thread.
Sword is always a hindrance in the spread of Islam. Islam always spreads peacefully.
Regards
Including spain during ummayad period?
Spain is not even mentioned in the post where one took the quote from. I can understand your difficulty.
Regards

cambridge79

paarsurrey said:
Regards

Spain is not even mentioned in the post where one took the quote from. I can understand your difficulty.
Regards

you used the word ALWAYS wich also includes Spain during Ummayad period. So whas islam spread peacefully in spain during Ummayad period?

Flankerl

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further to Posts #2717, #2720 , #2722, and #2942 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
I gave how Ahmadiyya spread peacefully in Argentina post #2430, Australia Post #2460 , Austria Post #2489, Bangladesh Post #2513, Belarus Post #2535, Belgium Post#2556, Belize #2571, Bulgaria Post #2595, Cameroon Post #2619, Canada Post #2636,Chad Post #2651,Congo #2672, Denmark #2703, Egypt #2824, Fiji #2883, France #2942, Germany #3025 .
  • Now I give peaceful spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
    23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
    Ghana. [1]
upload_2016-1-13_13-35-52.jpeg
--
upload_2016-1-13_13-36-37.jpeg
--
upload_2016-1-13_13-36-58.jpeg
--
upload_2016-1-13_13-37-13.jpeg

President Rep of Ghana Address Ahmadiyya Khelafat Centenary

Country/Region:
Ghana
Ahmadiyya population : 635,000*
Percentage (%) of Muslims :16.0
Percentage (%) of population :2.5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country
Ghana's Muslims have previously raised concern over the census figures which states that 17% of Ghanaians belong to the Muslim faith. It is claimed that Muslims represent somewhere between 30 and 45% of Ghana. Under this, the Ahmadiyya population would number almost 2 million. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community itself gives an estimate of over 2 million Ahmadis in Ghana. See:
"Muslims cry foul over population figures". News From Africa. Retrieved April 30, 2014.

Does one see any sword used for spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
Ghana ?

Regards

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-13_13-36-5.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-13_13-36-5.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
It has NOTHING to do with the OP

it has NOTHING to do with the violent origin of islam
Paarsurrey will continue to ignore the history behind Muhammad's rise and the rise of successive Islamic empires, through wars and conquests.

Islam did spread because Muhammad offer peace.

True peace can only come through non-violent pacifism, and Muhammad was never pacifist.

Raiding and looting merchant caravans are not the acts of non-violent pacifists. Raiding and looting are acts of banditry and piracy.

And non-violence cannot be achieved with an army at Muhammad's beck and call.

And paarsurrey continually ignored that Muhammad was never an Ahmadi. Muhammad was a warlord, a butcher and a slaver.

cambridge79

Further to Posts #2717, #2720 , #2722, and #2942 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.

"And if christianity don't burn people alive now it should be a clear sign for the doubtfull that christians never burned people at stakes"

You really talk like someone who has not even a vague knowledge of history nor the smallest interest to fill that gap, don't you? The question should be, you do that because you're ignorant or dishonest?

gnostic

The Lost One
"And if christianity don't burn people alive now it should be a clear sign for the doubtfull that christians never burned people at stakes"

You really talk like someone who has not even a vague knowledge of history nor the smallest interest to fill that gap, don't you? The question should be, you do that because you're ignorant or dishonest?
Despite paarsurrey's abundant of wiki articles, his knowledge on history is limited. And often he doesn't even read the articles he has copied...or he doesn't understand them.

gnostic

The Lost One
This thread is on Islam, paarsurrey, not just about Ahmadiyya.

History of Islam goes back to the time that Muhammad proclaimed himself a prophet. Muhammad is not Ahmadi, so what you are posting don't even apply here.

And the history of Ahmadiyya is very short. Less than 120 years. I don't see the relevancy of you keep bringing up Ahmadiyya when the population of Ahmadis is so tiny, that it doesn't even make up ONE PERCENT of world population of Muslims, and keep being evasive about the origin of Islam.

You refused to address issues of Muhammad raiding caravans or fighting battles or condoning assassinations and slavery. You refused to address when Muslims began attacking Byzantine Syria and Persia after Muhammad's death. You refused to recognize that Islam was spread by Muslim armies that invaded Spain and India.

If you are not going to address any of the above historical events, what's the point of even debating with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.