• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No, it is wrong. Islam spread peacefully.

Example

Spread of Islam in India
upload_2016-7-7_15-9-53.png
in our times: [1]

Hindu Girl & Boy Converted To Islam After Zakir Naik Great Answer 2016

Is Islam spreading peacefully in India?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No, it is wrong. Islam spread peacefully.

Example

Spread of Islam in Dominican Republic: [1]
data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,tkMCxoB0SZG00hlO67cwEroG5D27XLcZR5aBNkAd6dXA2dzl4HnJkhQCGOeWCax-gwNDOqzHEWYO_lC9KOVqOLujDfzr_rwu6IvSfRgHU72sm46kFj9NgfA2JFvSZ9EoBeK3Mtmt3Kivw5xBPQ4HAt-Zs1o5EMNm2isFNluFcDrAUc5ehVeqFo-_3th54ckFUmmu64CrpxOlf9s

Map of the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic (Spanish: República Dominicana [reˈpuβlika ðominiˈkana]) is a sovereign state occupying the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola, in the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. The western third of the island is occupied by the nation of Haiti,[11][12] making Hispaniola one of two Caribbean islands, along with Saint Martin, that are shared by two countries. Both by area and population the Dominican Republic is the second-largest Caribbean nation (after Cuba), with 48,445 square kilometres (18,705 sq mi) and 10.4 million people, of which approximately three million live in metropolitan area of Santo Domingo, the capital city.[13][14]
Christopher Columbus landed on the island on December 5, 1492, which the Taíno people had inhabited since the 7th century. It became the site of the first permanent European settlement in the Americas; namely Santo Domingo, the oldest continuously inhabited city and the first seat of the Spanish colonial rule in the New World. After more than three hundred years of Spanish rule the Dominican people declared independence in November 1821.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_Republic
Islam in the Dominican Republic

Statistics for Islam in the Dominican Republic estimate that 0.03 percent of the population (3,000 individuals) are Muslim, but accurate statistics of religious affiliation are difficult to calculate and there is a wide variation concerning the actual numerical amount. Although the majority of the population is Roman Catholic, Muslims have formed local organizations such as the Círculo Islámico de República Dominicana (The Islamic Circle of Dominican Republic) and the Islamic Center of the Dominican Republic (located in Miami). Currently, the Círculo Islámico estimates that Muslims number over 3,000 (most recent statistics), including of a good number of local converts. Most recently, there has been another organization, led by native born Muslim converts, the Entidad Islámica Dominicana or EID (Dominican Islamic Entity).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_Dominican_Republic

Dominican Republic
Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1]:2,000
Muslim percentage (%) of total population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Percentage (%) of World Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Muslim Population Other Sources : -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

Islam spread peacefully in Dominican Republic.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards

Last edited:

life.period

Hi everyone. Some people say that Islam was spread by the sword. Others say that it was not. The Koran says that there is to be no compulsion in religion so it would seem that Islam's sacred text would condone religious freedom. But was this really the case historically? Here is the reference from the Koran which I am referring to.

Prophet muhmaad peace be upon him never forced people to convert to Islam.

People did enter Islam by their own choise.

Prophet lived with jews . There was Jews living in same erea he is

When he died his armour was with jews in back of some food.

In fact , There were two group of jews
Fighting all the day long . One of this group converted to Islam by their own choise and another didn't . So prophet made with them convenet to establish peace. What happened they broke convenient and ad combined with pagan to take war against prophet .
Then prophet fight back to defence his people.

Because wars that happens they pointing Islam terrorr without knowing
Reasons behind these wars .

They never mentioned how Muslims suffered. Muslims tortured by pagan for converting Islam. pagan called abu jahil killedvold women called " sumaya" for converting after long term torture. So, many pagan converted secretly untill UMAR become Muslim

He was top hater of islam. He was rich even .

His Islam story :

Umar met his best friend Nua'im bin Abdullah who had secretly converted to Islam but had not told Umar. When Umar informed him that he had set out to kill Muhammad, Nua'im feared the worst.[citation needed]

Umar was a man of his word and attempted to do what he said. So in order to divert his attention, Nuaim told him to inquire about his own house where his sister and her husband had converted to Islam. Upon arriving at her house, Umar found his sister and brother-in-law Saeed bin Zaid (Umar's cousin) reciting the verses of the Quranfrom sura Ta-Ha.[22] He started quarreling with his brother-in-law. When his sister came to rescue her husband, he also started quarreling with her. Yet still they kept on saying "you may kill us but we will not give up Islam". Upon hearing these words, Umar slapped his sister so hard that she fell to the ground bleeding from her mouth. When he saw what he did to his sister, he calmed down out of guilt and asked his sister to give him what she was reciting. His sister replied in the negative and said "You are unclean, and no unclean person can touch the Scripture." He insisted, but his sister was not prepared to allow him to touch the pages unless he washed his body. Umar at last gave in. He washed his body and then began to read the verses that were: Verily, I am Allah: there is no God but Me; so serve Me (only), and establish regular prayer for My remembrance (Quran 20:14). He wept and declared, "Surely this is the word of Allah. I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

Lot of rich pagan left their homes and wealth and immigrate for sake of islam.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There were two group of jews
Fighting all the day long . One of this group converted to Islam by their own choise and another didn't . So prophet made with them convenet to establish peace. What happened they broke convenient and ad combined with pagan to take war against prophet .
Then prophet fight back to defence his people.
I agree with your view-point.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@A Greased Scotsman said: ↑
The subject of dreams relating to scientific discoveries is separate from the subject of dreams relating to gods. These are all very interesting, paarsurrey and I thank you for posting them but it seems they've become more of a distraction than anything else. You've focused more on this than on the question I asked about dreams and gods.
Then please bear with me,please. The subject has been discussed in a chapter of Quran at a great length. One should read the whole chapter intently.
However, for your convenience please (and to share it with other members of the forum who are very dear to me) I will start it below, please:

@paarsurrey responds:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf ( in English it is Joseph and or James) [یُوسُف]
[6]

The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf یُوسُف

[12:51] And the King said, ‘Bring him to me.’ But when the messenger came to him, he said, ‘Go back to thy lord and ask him how fare the women who cut their hands: for, my Lord well knows their crafty design.’
[12:52] He (the King) said to the women, ‘What was the matter with you when you sought to seduce Joseph against his will?’ They said, ‘He kept away from sin for fear of Allah — we have known no evil against him.’ The wife of the ‘Aziz said, ‘Now has the truth come to light. It was I who sought to seduce him against his will, and surely, he is the truthful.’
[12:53] Joseph said, ‘I asked for that enquiry to be made so that he (the ‘Aziz) might know that I was not unfaithful to him in his absence and that Allah suffers not the device of the unfaithful to succeed.
[12:54] ‘And I do not hold my own self to be free from weakness; for, the soul is surely prone to enjoin evil, save that whereon my Lord has mercy. Surely, my Lord is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’
[12:55] And the King said, ‘Bring him to me that I may take him specially for myself.’ And when he had spoken to him, he said, ‘Thou art this day a man of established position and trust with us.’
[12:56] He said, ‘Appoint me over the treasures of the land, for I am a good keeper, and possessed of knowledge.’
[12:57] And thus did We establish Joseph in the land. He dwelt therein wherever he pleased. We bestow Our mercy on whomsoever We please, and We suffer not the reward of the righteous to perish.
[12:58] And surely, the reward of the Hereafter is better for those who believe and fear God.
[12:59] And Joseph’s brethren came and entered in unto him; and he knew them, but they knew him not.
[12:60] And when he had provided them with their provision, he said, ‘Bring me your brother on your father’s side. Do you not see that I give you full measure of corn and that I am the best of hosts?
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=12&verse=51

One could see that Quran illustrates that dreams to the righteous are meaningful, get fulfilled in our real lives, and are beneficial to the public in general. If Zoroastrianism have suppressed or concealed such dreams/vision shown by Ahura-Mazda to the righteous Zoroaster, it is their fault not of Zoroaster. It speaks a lot about Zoroastrianism. Right? Please
Regards

Wednesday at 12:02 AM #3539

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@paarsurrey said: #3490
There have been scientific inventions and discoveries because of dreams. It depends on the person who sees a dream and his experience with dreams.

@A Greased Scotsman said: #3491
Really? Interesting. Do you know of any?

@A Greased Scotsman said: ↑ #3489
Do you believe dreams are a valid & accurate way of experiencing gods if a person has a dream about a god other than your own?
Could you also answer the question as I worded it please? I was asking specifically about dreams as ways of encountering & relating to the divine. Do you think dreams are a valid way of experiencing gods other than your own?

@paarsurrey says:

Discovery of Evolution by Natural Selection
200-alfred-russel-wallace.jpg
Alfred Russel Wallace had traveled in Brazil and South East Asia recording the species he found, trying to understand the differences he saw when species were separated by geographical barriers.
For years he had wondered about how new species could arise, but could find no answer.
In 1858, he had an extreme dream, in the shape of hallucinations caused by a tropical fever. When the fever had gone, he found that the theory of evolution by natural selection had come to him.
http://www.famousscientists.org/7-great-examples-of-scientific-discoveries-made-in-dreams/

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@A Greased Scotsman said: ↑
The subject of dreams relating to scientific discoveries is separate from the subject of dreams relating to gods. These are all very interesting, paarsurrey and I thank you for posting them but it seems they've become more of a distraction than anything else. You've focused more on this than on the question I asked about dreams and gods.
Then please bear with me,please. The subject has been discussed in a chapter of Quran at a great length. One should read the whole chapter intently.
However, for your convenience please (and to share it with other members of the forum who are very dear to me) I will start it below, please:

@paarsurrey responds:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf ( in English it is Joseph and or James) [یُوسُف]
[7]

The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf یُوسُف

[12:61] ‘But if you bring him not to me, then there shall be no measure of corn for you from me, nor shall you come near me.’
[12:62] They replied, ‘We will try to induce his father to part with him and we will certainly do it.’
[12:63] And he said to his servants, ‘Put their money also into their saddlebags that they may recognize it when they return to their family; haply they may come back.’
[12:64] And when they returned to their father, they said, ‘O our father, a further measure of corn has been denied us, so send with us our brother that we may obtain our measure, and we will surely take care of him.’
[12:65] He said, ‘I cannot trust you with him, save as I trusted you with his brother before. But Allah is the best Protector, and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.’
[12:66] And when they opened their goods, they found their money returned to them. They said, ‘O our father, what more can we desire? Here is our money returned to us. We shall bring provision for our family, and guard our brother and we shall have in addition the measure of a camel-load. That is a measure which is easy to obtain.’
[12:67] He said, ‘I will not send him with you until you give me a solemn promise in the name of Allah that you will surely bring him to me, unless you are encompassed.’ And when they gave him their solemn promise, he said, ‘Allah watches over what we say.’
[12:68] And he said, ‘O my sons, enter not by one gate, but enter by different gates; and I can avail you nothing against Allah. The decision rests only with Allah. In Him do I put my trust and in Him let all who would trust put their trust.’
[12:69] And when they entered in the manner their father had commanded them, it could not avail them anything against Allah, except that there was a desire in Jacob’s mind which he thus satisfied; and he was surely possessed of great knowledge because We had taught him, but most men know not.
[12:70] And when they visited Joseph, he lodged his brother with himself. And he said, ‘I am thy brother; so now grieve not at what they have been doing.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=12&verse=61

One could see that Quran illustrates that dreams to the righteous are meaningful, get fulfilled in our real lives, and are beneficial to the public in general. If Zoroastrianism have suppressed or concealed such dreams/vision shown by Ahura-Mazda to the righteous Zoroaster, it is their fault not of Zoroaster. It speaks a lot about Zoroastrianism. Right? Please

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him never forced people to convert to Islam.
People did enter Islam by their own choice.
That is very true.
For example conversion of Abu Bakr to Islam:

Abu Bakr, friend of his childhood, was out of town. As he returned he began to hear of this new experience which the Prophet had had. He was told that his friend had gone mad and had begun to say that angels brought him messages from God. Abu Bakr trusted the Prophet completely. He did not doubt for a minute that the Prophet must be right -he had known him to be both sane and sincere. He knocked at the Prophet's door and on admission into his company asked him what had happened. TheProphet, fearing lest Abu Bakr should mis-understand, began a long explanation. Abu Bakr stopped the Prophet from doing so, and insisted that all he wanted to know was whether an angel had really descended upon him from God and had given him a Message. The Prophet wanted to explain again, but Abu Bakr said he wanted to hear no explanation. He wanted only an answer to the question whether he had had a Message from God. The Prophet said, "Yes" and Abu Bakr at once declared his faith.
Having declared his faith, he said, argument would have detracted from the value of his faith. He had known the Prophet long and intimately. He could not doubt him, and he wanted no argument to be convinced of his truth.
Page- 144
http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Introduction-Study-Holy-Quran.pdf

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.