• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Those ISIS people live exactly like "Prophet Mohammmed" (copying his life in all possible ways). The only difference is that in place of the sword, they use modern amnuation.
For every word that goes for peace in Koran, there are 50 versus that goes againt it. The followers of this religion (ofcourse with exceptions) are the most intolerant people especially towards other religion.
This is an evil religion which has eliminated many other great and peaceful civilizations from the face of earth through shear violence and trickery.
This is a rabid religion that spreads by sword and propagates by brainwashing. This religion has no virtues - it is a hindrance to science and technology and it is destined to take humanity to dark ages.
Every culture that has a Muslim population is under serious threat.
No, they don't live like Muhammad who lived always peacefully rather he set an example as to how peaceful one should be. Your information is incorrect. Please rectify it.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further to Posts #2717, #2720 , #2722, and #2942 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
I gave how Ahmadiyya spread peacefully in Argentina post #2430, Australia Post #2460 , Austria Post #2489, Bangladesh Post #2513, Belarus Post #2535, Belgium Post#2556, Belize #2571, Bulgaria Post #2595, Cameroon Post #2619, Canada Post #2636,Chad Post #2651,Congo #2672, Denmark #2703, Egypt #2824, Fiji #2883, France #2942, Germany #3025 .
  • Now I give peaceful spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
    23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
    Ghana. [3]

Country/Region:
Ghana
Ahmadiyya population : 635,000*
Percentage (%) of Muslims :16.0
Percentage (%) of population :2.5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country
Ghana's Muslims have previously raised concern over the census figures which states that 17% of Ghanaians belong to the Muslim faith. It is claimed that Muslims represent somewhere between 30 and 45% of Ghana. Under this, the Ahmadiyya population would number almost 2 million. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community itself gives an estimate of over 2 million Ahmadis in Ghana. See:
"Muslims cry foul over population figures". News From Africa. Retrieved April 30, 2014.

Does one see any sword used for spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
Ghana ?
Isn't it a glorious sign for the wise? Please

Regards

cambridge79

Further to Posts #2717, #2720 , #2722, and #2942 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
I gave how Ahmadiyya spread peacefully in Argentina post #2430, Australia Post #2460 , Austria Post #2489, Bangladesh Post #2513, Belarus Post #2535, Belgium Post#2556, Belize #2571, Bulgaria Post #2595, Cameroon Post #2619, Canada Post #2636,Chad Post #2651,Congo #2672, Denmark #2703, Egypt #2824, Fiji #2883, France #2942, Germany #3025 .
  • Now I give peaceful spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
    Ghana. [3]

Country/Region:
Ghana
Ahmadiyya population : 635,000*
Percentage (%) of Muslims :16.0
Percentage (%) of population :2.5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country
Ghana's Muslims have previously raised concern over the census figures which states that 17% of Ghanaians belong to the Muslim faith. It is claimed that Muslims represent somewhere between 30 and 45% of Ghana. Under this, the Ahmadiyya population would number almost 2 million. The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community itself gives an estimate of over 2 million Ahmadis in Ghana. See:
"Muslims cry foul over population figures". News From Africa. Retrieved April 30, 2014.

Does one see any sword used for spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
Ghana ?
Isn't it a glorious sign for the wise? Please

Regards

i've shown you with the nazi example that this kind of narrative you're bringing on is completely flawed. yet you keep going on like a broken record. What's wrong with you? it's because you don't understand or you simply don't care?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
i've shown you with the nazi example that this kind of narrative you're bringing on is completely flawed. yet you keep going on like a broken record. What's wrong with you? it's because you don't understand or you simply don't care?
um...
he has not yet convinced himself?

cambridge79

um...
he has not yet convinced himself?
i always had that feeling. the way he always talks, play dumb, ignores or dismisses evidences other people provide, basically the way he never engages in an honest talk unless you agree with him it looks like someone who is just trying to repeat things over and over until the point he'll end up fully believing in them.

Shad

Veteran Member
i always had that feeling. the way he always talks, play dumb, ignores or dismisses evidences other people provide, basically the way he never engages in an honest talk unless you agree with him it looks like someone who is just trying to repeat things over and over until the point he'll end up fully believing in them.

No it is that he copy/pastes apologists works from one of his sects websites. He can not address anything outside this comfort zone and denies anything not confirmed by his echo chamber sources.

cambridge79

No it is that he copy/pastes apologists works from one of his sects websites. He can not address anything outside this comfort zone and denies anything not confirmed by his echo chamber sources.

is there a book somewhere that explains how to talk to someone not listening?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Mestemia said:
In Post #2682
What does the Koran say about cars?
What does the Koran say about cloning?
What does the Koran say about medicine?
other than camel urine is a magical cure all...
paarsurrey said:
Are you against animals? Camel is an innocent animal. Isn't it? Please

Paarsurrey says:
This innocent animal (camel) which was called the ship of the desert in Arabia, was to be a sign, among many others, as mentioned in Quran in Post #2833 and Hadith Post #2854and illustrated further in #2910, #2962 and the latest in this connection #3011.
Not only the camel but a sort of a donkey was also incidentally mentioned, that was to appear at End of Days or the time of truthful Jesus' Second Coming in Hadith of truthful Muhammad.
So Quran and Hadith both give clues about the modern means of transport in symbolic form:
They have one common feature about them; they are all propelled by combustion engines drawing their energy from fire. Even the external combustion engines like those of locomotives driven by steam are dependant on fire. This is the sharp separating line between the earlier modes of animal transport and the revolutionary new modes of transport in the age of the anti-Christ which would reveal him to be not an animal but an inanimate object. We refer to him as 'he' only because in the prophecy he is literally spoken of as an animal. In fact he could be identified by this distinctive mark alone. Recognize the donkey of the anti-Christ and you will recognize in him the modern modes of transport. Fail to recognize him if you so choose and travel back to the age of donkeys.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_6_section_2.html
Regards

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Mestemia said:
In Post #2682
What does the Koran say about cars?
What does the Koran say about cloning?
What does the Koran say about medicine?
other than camel urine is a magical cure all...
paarsurrey said:
Are you against animals? Camel is an innocent animal. Isn't it? Please

Paarsurrey says:
This innocent animal (camel) which was called the ship of the desert in Arabia, was to be a sign, among many others, as mentioned in Quran in Post #2833 and Hadith Post #2854and illustrated further in #2910, #2962 and the latest in this connection #3011.
Not only the camel but a sort of a donkey was also incidentally mentioned, that was to appear at End of Days or the time of truthful Jesus' Second Coming in Hadith of truthful Muhammad.
So Quran and Hadith both give clues about the modern means of transport in symbolic form:
They have one common feature about them; they are all propelled by combustion engines drawing their energy from fire. Even the external combustion engines like those of locomotives driven by steam are dependant on fire. This is the sharp separating line between the earlier modes of animal transport and the revolutionary new modes of transport in the age of the anti-Christ which would reveal him to be not an animal but an inanimate object. We refer to him as 'he' only because in the prophecy he is literally spoken of as an animal. In fact he could be identified by this distinctive mark alone. Recognize the donkey of the anti-Christ and you will recognize in him the modern modes of transport. Fail to recognize him if you so choose and travel back to the age of donkeys.

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_6_section_2.html
Regards
Still avoiding the meat of my post...
Disgusting really, that you are so proud of your dishonesty

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Was Islam spread by the sword?
No.
Islam did not spread by sword. In fact sword is a hindrance in the way of spread of Islam. Quran provides both commandments and the gist of wisdom of the same; this peculiarity is not retained in book of any other revealed religion.Islam flourishes most in peace with its strong reasonable and rational arguments.
For example:
Further to post #258
Spread of Islam in [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia'] Colombia[/URL]: [1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mosque in San Andres, Colombia, as seen from the Sunrise Hotel

The statistics for Islam in Colombia estimate a total Muslim population of 14,000 according to a Pew Research Center report.[1] There are a number of Islamic organizations in Colombia, including Islamic centers in San Andrés, Bogotá, Guajira, Nariño, and Santa Marta. AhmadiyyaCommunity also has a presence in the country.[2]
Most Arab immigrants to Colombia came from Syria, Lebanon, and Palestine during the late 19th to early 20th century.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Colombia
Arab diaspora in Colombia
The number of immigrants entering the country vary from 40,000 to 50,000 in 1945. Most of these immigrants were Christians and others were Muslims.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_diaspora_in_Colombia
Lebanese Colombians
The number of immigrants entering the country vary from 5,000 to 10,000 in 1945. Some of these immigrants were Christian-Lebanese and others were adept to Islam.[4]

In the 1940s, another wave of Lebanese immigrants came to Colombia, settling in the town of Maicao in northern Colombia. These immigrants were mostly Muslims and were attracted by the thriving commerce of the town which was benefiting from the neighboring Venezuelan oil bonanza and the usual contraband of goods that flowed through the Guajira Peninsula.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Colombians
Palestinian diaspora in Colombia 12,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_diaspora

Islam[edit]

The Mosque of Omar Ibn Al-Khattab in Maicao.
Main article: Islam in Colombia
Approximately 0.02% of the population adheres to Islam.[13] Maicao plays host to the continent's second largest mosque, the Mosque of Omar Ibn Al-Khattab. Most Muslims in Colombia are either of Arab or Madurese descent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Colombia
Country/Region:[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia'] Colombia[/URL]
Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1]:14,000
Muslim percentage (%) of total population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Percentage (%) of World Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Muslim Population Other Sources : 40,000 to 80,000[50]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia'] Colombia[/URL] . Do you see any?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Still avoiding the meat of my post...
Disgusting really, that you are so proud of your dishonesty
You asked as to what does the Koran say about cars. Didn't you? I am telling Quran did mention about the modern transport system in a symbolic way.
Regards

cambridge79

You asked as to what does the Koran say about cars. Didn't you? I am telling Quran did mention about the modern transport system in a symbolic way.
Regards

wich is like saying "you want to read that in the kuran".
Using symbolism i can take a broken clock and pretend it represent a human heart: modern art do that all the time. It's just projecting and wishful thinking.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No. Islam spread due to brotherhood and unity.
I agree with you.
[3:103]O ye who believe! fear Allah as He should be feared; and let not death overtake you except when you are in a state of submission.
[3:104]And hold fast, all together, by the rope of Allah and be not divided; and remember the favour of Allah which He bestowed upon you when you were enemies and He united your hearts in love, so that by His grace you becameasbrothers; and you were on the brink of a pit of fire and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah explain to you His commandments that you may be guided.
[3:105]And let there be among you a body of men who should invite to goodness, and enjoin equity and forbid evil. And it is they who shall prosper.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=3&verse=103
Regards

cambridge79

I agree with you.
[3:103]O ye who believe! fear Allah as He should be feared; and let not death overtake you except when you are in a state of submission.
[3:104]And hold fast, all together, by the rope of Allah and be not divided; and remember the favour of Allah which He bestowed upon you when you were enemies and He united your hearts in love, so that by His grace you becameasbrothers; and you were on the brink of a pit of fire and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah explain to you His commandments that you may be guided.
[3:105]And let there be among you a body of men who should invite to goodness, and enjoin equity and forbid evil. And it is they who shall prosper.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=3&verse=103
Regards

mr brotherhood and unity, can you comment on those panels those muslims in the picture of my last post are showing? do you agree with them?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
mr brotherhood and unity, can you comment on those panels those muslims in the picture of my last post are showing? do you agree with them?
  1. "Freedom of expression ". Islam allows it:
    [109:7]‘For you your religion, and for me my religion.’
    http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=109
  2. "Islam will dominate the world". Yes, by convincing one's heart and soul and with brilliant arguments and peaceful dialogue as Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslims are doing in the world and have spread in 207 countries of the world in a matter of about a 100 years. No need for violence.
  3. "Islam is the perfect religion for all mankind". Yes, it is but that requires use of no force. If the countries of the world are convinced of the core teachings of Islam and vote for it as per the law of the land and the constitution, there is no harm it.
None of the above three require any extremism or use of force or compulsion whatsoever.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.