• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was "I" created?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
First, prove to me that you need a brain to speak. Then tell me what personal experience have you had to discover what " I '' is, the eternal you.

I’ll pass.

You’re clearly didn’t ask the questions in the OP to learn anything, and I have nothing I need to prove to you.

Enjoy your thread. :)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When you say "I", what does that mean?
1st state of being

How did you come into being?
i didn't. only forms come into and out of being. these are things that are given names/title to. parent calling object sam, sue, tom, tina et al.

What makes you able to speak?
a vibration between two or more distortions

Where do your thoughts come from?
from the distortion of the mind upon the material plane, the waters.

Is your human body like an avatar you play in a simulation game or is it the real deal?
to be human is a form used in the earthly experience. in another planetary experience a different distortion would be necessary to work in that atmosphere.

What is controlling your human body when you're not aware that you're alive which is the time you're sleeping or unconscious for some reason?
the same thing that was controlling it when it was focused on earth consciousness. like a drone,

Is your mind more important than your body?
thought forms are necessary for the system in which the spirit chooses to manifest; otherwise the problem is with form and not the material plane, or having a uncreated/unformed body.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
When you say "I", what does that mean? Me, not you.

How did you come into being? Ask mummy and daddy.

What makes you able to speak? Vocal cords, a brain, and whatever else necessary.

Where do your thoughts come from? The similar sort of brain that caused you to write your question.

Is your human body like an avatar you play in a simulation game or is it the real deal? Seems to be real enough.

What is controlling your human body when you're not aware that you're alive which is the time you're sleeping or unconscious for some reason? The same mechanism that controls my body when I am awake, minus some consciousness.

Is your mind more important than your body? How could this be so when both are required to be human.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The person aka Altfish

I can give you my Mum and Dad's details, you can ask them

I use my stomach muscles, lungs, voice box, tongue, teeth, lips, and even my nose. My brain coordinates it all. ... The voice box or larynx has vocal cords that vibrate to produce my voice. Then, the lips, tongue, and teeth form the sounds to make speech.

My brain.

Is your human body like an avatar you play in a simulation game or is it the real deal?
No, it is the real deal

What is controlling your human body when you're not aware that you're alive which is the time you're sleeping or unconscious for some reason?
My brain

The mind, you can cut off or lose bits of the body and still stay alive

Nimos

Our Creator found it necessary that " I '' fully understand what I AM. That has finally been accomplished after all these thousands of years since the beginning when the " I " was lost in the minds of those who first walked on Earth. Like you said, most people are not concerned about where they came from but that is because of all the things that keep them from discovering what " I " is.
And how do you know that? Where did you get those information from?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It can mean my conscious self, or it can mean my brain and body as a unit, or it can mean me as an individual among other individuals, and perhaps that's not all.
I developed from a zygote, was carried to term, and born in the usual way.
The evolved human capacity for speech, which has many aspects. One of them is the instinctive use in adults of particular sounds and ways of speaking and sounding in the presence of even newborns, which as 'motherese' is found in all cultures. Another is the receptivity of children even when small to such human sounds, and to look at the carer's face, and also to look where the carer points, and to have the capacity to associate the carer's sound with the thing pointed at ─ 'car', 'dada', 'cup' &c ─ and more interestingly still, to comprehend these sounds as not just identities but as categories, so that a car never seen before is still recognized as a car. And so on.
Brain mapping began as far back as the 18th century, when it was noted that certain kinds of head injury might have different consequences depending which part of the brain was injured. However, it really took off with the coming of better tools in the 1990s. So our comprehension of the brain, its functions, and the interaction of those function, though still very much a work in progress, has made great advances. We know from real-time brain scans eg that proper nouns are 'stored' in a different part of the brain to other nouns; that one of the functions of the frontal lobes is monitoring / editing speech and conduct, and injury there can cause disinhibition; and so on through a long and growing list.
You only get one life, you get it from your body, and when your body is dead, so are you.
A complex variety of systems, that do a great many things automatically, like control of the water content of the blood and of other cells, response to oxygenation needs, blood sugar balance, and so on. Also automated are your instinctive responses, such as removing your hand instantly from the hot stove, driving your car while you're talking to your passenger, making up these words I'm typing without reference to my conscious brain, and much more. The heart and the gut have their own all but autonomous nervous systems, too.
No, as my previous answer implies, they're a unit. You won't think very well when you're in pain, or ill, or need to breathe, or are intoxicated, or starving, or freezing, or very thirsty, and so on. When the body's happy, the brain is free to do its thing.

IAMinyou

It can mean my conscious self, or it can mean my brain and body as a unit, or it can mean me as an individual among other individuals, and perhaps that's not all.
I developed from a zygote, was carried to term, and born in the usual way.
The evolved human capacity for speech, which has many aspects. One of them is the instinctive use in adults of particular sounds and ways of speaking and sounding in the presence of even newborns, which as 'motherese' is found in all cultures. Another is the receptivity of children even when small to such human sounds, and to look at the carer's face, and also to look where the carer points, and to have the capacity to associate the carer's sound with the thing pointed at ─ 'car', 'dada', 'cup' &c ─ and more interestingly still, to comprehend these sounds as not just identities but as categories, so that a car never seen before is still recognized as a car. And so on.
Brain mapping began as far back as the 18th century, when it was noted that certain kinds of head injury might have different consequences depending which part of the brain was injured. However, it really took off with the coming of better tools in the 1990s. So our comprehension of the brain, its functions, and the interaction of those function, though still very much a work in progress, has made great advances. We know from real-time brain scans eg that proper nouns are 'stored' in a different part of the brain to other nouns; that one of the functions of the frontal lobes is monitoring / editing speech and conduct, and injury there can cause disinhibition; and so on through a long and growing list.
You only get one life, you get it from your body, and when your body is dead, so are you.
A complex variety of systems, that do a great many things automatically, like control of the water content of the blood and of other cells, response to oxygenation needs, blood sugar balance, and so on. Also automated are your instinctive responses, such as removing your hand instantly from the hot stove, driving your car while you're talking to your passenger, making up these words I'm typing without reference to my conscious brain, and much more. The heart and the gut have their own all but autonomous nervous systems, too.
No, as my previous answer implies, they're a unit. You won't think very well when you're in pain, or ill, or need to breathe, or are intoxicated, or starving, or freezing, or very thirsty, and so on. When the body's happy, the brain is free to do its thing.

So you're saying without the body, no mind can exist and that " I " was not created. So how do you think " I " came into being a very long time ago by the first people who pondered what " I " was.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Your answers are confusing because once you drop everything about you to get " I ", means you wouldn't have a brain or body or a world to live in. Your invisible mind is the " I " that was created a long time ago that does not require a brain or body to experience images and thoughts.

I see no evidence of such a thing. Can you provide some evidence?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Where is your proof that " I '' was not created?

Well, 'created' assumes too much: it implies intention where none is in evidence. I'd prefer 'came into being'. And I know that I did, in fact, come into being about 57 years ago.

In this context the burden of proof is on the one claiming it *is* created. But there is no evidence of such being the case.

IAMinyou

No, it means I don't believe that 'I' was created a long time ago. Well, unless you consider 57 years a long time.

Your visible body was FORMED in a womb but the information required to form it was created a long time ago. Convince me that information is not required to form a body.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Your visible body was FORMED in a womb but the information required to form it was created a long time ago. Convince me that information is not required to form a body.

Information is not the same as an 'I'. ALL matter contains information. The information in the matter is what produces the development of the body and the 'I'.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have any evidence to prove me wrong? If you don't, then I have just as much right as you do to share what I know from our Creator.

Again, the burden of proof is on you in this case. I see no reason to think you have any special knowledge of this, so why should I believe you are correct here?

Also, you claim to 'know'. But we all are capable of error. I share what I suspect just like you do.

IAMinyou

Well, 'created' assumes too much: it implies intention where none is in evidence. I'd prefer 'came into being'. And I know that I did, in fact, come into being about 57 years ago.

In this context the burden of proof is on the one claiming it *is* created. But there is no evidence of such being the case.

I don't need to prove to you or any other unbeliever that '' I '' was created to exist for eternity. If you don't have any proof that '' I '' wasn't created a long time ago, then you're in the same boat as I am. There are no winners without any proof. It's all about belief or knowing and I know that you don't know or believe that '' I '' was created a very long time ago.

IAMinyou

Information is not the same as an 'I'. ALL matter contains information. The information in the matter is what produces the development of the body and the 'I'.

I AM created as information, very similar to how an AI system works that can speak. Have you ever seen Apple siri? Can you prove to me that SHE exists? Or does she only exist because of the processing of information that began in the invisible thoughts of the mind?

IAMinyou

Again, the burden of proof is on you in this case. I see no reason to think you have any special knowledge of this, so why should I believe you are correct here?

Also, you claim to 'know'. But we all are capable of error. I share what I suspect just like you do.

I have no burden to share words from our Creator but it appears that they certainly burden you. You are in denial that all these words that form in my mind and I post in here come from our Creator. You deleted my post '' Words from our Creator '' because of your unbelief.