• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was "I" created?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you're saying without the body, no mind can exist and that " I " was not created. So how do you think " I " came into being a very long time ago by the first people who pondered what " I " was.
To be clear, yes, no body, no functioning brain, and no functioning brain, no mind.

But indeed I was created, by the biochemical processes of human reproduction, complete with an evolved body and brain appropriate to an example of H sap sap.

I set out some thoughts on the evolution of consciousness >here<.

HonestJoe

Your answers tell me that you have not yet discovered what " I " is.
No, my answers are perfectly valid in context. Your answers now tell me that you're trying to add an additional meaning to the word to make your religious beliefs sound enigmatic and deep but all you're actually achieving is confusion and distraction.

If you want to describe and explain your personal beliefs you're entirely free to do so, but it'd be to your advantage to do that in clear and simple terms. If you can't do that, maybe you don't fully understand them either. :cool:

IAMinyou

To be clear, yes, no body, no functioning brain, and no functioning brain, no mind.

But indeed I was created, by the biochemical processes of human reproduction, complete with an evolved body and brain appropriate to an example of H sap sap.

I set out some thoughts on the evolution of consciousness >here<.

So why should I believe your theories with absolutely no proof whatsoever? I know exactly what I AM and I can use an analogy to help you understand it but only if you believe. Belief is what it takes to understand something that is completely invisible like our MINDS. It has taken me ever since the beginning to learn what I AM and now since I know, there will be an end to this part of the program.

IAMinyou

No, my answers are perfectly valid in context. Your answers now tell me that you're trying to add an additional meaning to the word to make your religious beliefs sound enigmatic and deep but all you're actually achieving is confusion and distraction.

If you want to describe and explain your personal beliefs you're entirely free to do so, but it'd be to your advantage to do that in clear and simple terms. If you can't do that, maybe you don't fully understand them either. :cool:

Your answers are only meant for you to believe in. I know where your thoughts come from that only deceive you and everyone who reads them or listens to you speak them.

A Vestigial Mote

When you say "I", what does that mean?

How did you come into being?

What makes you able to speak?

Where do your thoughts come from?

Is your human body like an avatar you play in a simulation game or is it the real deal?

What is controlling your human body when you're not aware that you're alive which is the time you're sleeping or unconscious for some reason?

Is your mind more important than your body?
When I say "I," I am referring to the collective group of 23 trillion+ individual lives that make up the constituent portions of my body. Part of this makeup also includes an energy-driven continuum of awareness and control that we have named "consciousness." That is not this "I," but only a very small part of it - in charge of deciding some movement (where to be and how to be positioned during various times and tasks), response to take to some stimuli (mostly also movement/placement based) and what to put in the mouth of "I." As far as actual needs go, that's about the extent of this consciousness' responsibilities. Otherwise, a myriad of other tasks and responsibilities aimed at keeping the collection of cells in working order are carried out by the other 23 trillion+ lives on board the "ship" - mostly without the consciousness' direct awareness.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Through meditation I have identified that I am a soul. What constitutes the soul, I have no idea. I can see that I am conceptually created to do things. How this is so I have no idea.

I was not specifically created. I was created at random. Whomever, or whatever created life is superintelligence, but not very wise or scrupulous.

Life is at the eternal fringes of existence I suspect. Like everything that grows we are rooted in a body but most grow beyond the roots that planted us I suspect.

My logic is since intelligence can only come from intelligence then that intelligence reaches eternal into the past. Mindlessness cannot produce intelligent formations despite what so many people think.

It's very difficult to wade through all the human nonsense information about the topic to find all the relevant information.

It is interesting that people choose extremes on the issue of creation; God, or blind processes. I fall in the middle on it.

I have no political motivations, or anything. I simply see it the way I see it.

IAMinyou

When I say "I," I am referring to the collective group of 23 trillion+ individual lives that make up the constituent portions of my body. Part of this makeup also includes an energy-driven continuum of awareness and control that we have named "consciousness." That is not this "I," but only a very small part of it - in charge of deciding some movement (where to be and how to be positioned during various times and tasks), response to take to some stimuli (mostly also movement/placement based) and what to put in the mouth of "I." As far as actual needs go, that's about the extent of this consciousness' responsibilities. Otherwise, a myriad of other tasks and responsibilities aimed at keeping the collection of cells in working order are carried out by the other 23 trillion+ lives on board the "ship" - mostly without the consciousness' direct awareness.

When you take the '' I '' away from the visible body, it appears dead. That's because the body was never real in the first place. It's only an illusion that forms in an individual mind which is what '' I '' is. Once you fully understand what '' I '' is, then you will understand all the prophecies written in the Bible. You will never be deceived again by what you observe or hear.

IAMinyou

Through meditation I have identified that I am a soul. What constitutes the soul, I have no idea. I can see that I am conceptually created to do things. How this is so I have no idea.

I was not specifically created. I was created at random. Whomever, or whatever created life is superintelligence, but not very wise or scrupulous.

Life is at the eternal fringes of existence I suspect. Like everything that grows we are rooted in a body but most grow beyond the roots that planted us I suspect.

My logic is since intelligence can only come from intelligence then that intelligence reaches eternal into the past. Mindlessness cannot produce intelligent formations despite what so many people think.

It's very difficult to wade through all the human nonsense information about the topic to find all the relevant information.

It is interesting that people choose extremes on the issue of creation; God, or blind processes. I fall in the middle on it.

I have no political motivations, or anything. I simply see it the way I see it.

It's too bad you are nothing but randomness. Those of you who believe that you came from some random information are very confused. But once you understand exactly what '' I '' is, then you will never be confused again.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
When you take the '' I '' away from the visible body, it appears dead. That's because the body was never real in the first place. It's only an illusion that forms in an individual mind which is what '' I '' is. Once you fully understand what '' I '' is, then you will understand all the prophecies written in the Bible. You will never be deceived again by what you observe or hear.

And I see it in almost the exact opposite way. Once you take away the body, there is no mind and no 'I'. The 'I' is something produced by the body, allowing for awareness of the rest of the world through the senses.

The body is the reality. The 'I' is at least partly an illusion (from what I can see).

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It's too bad you are nothing but randomness. Those of you who believe that you came from some random information are very confused. But once you understand exactly what '' I '' is, then you will never be confused again.

Who said anything about 'random information'? Most of the information in the universe is structured in some way. In particular, the information associated with living things is structured in the chemistry of the chemical reactions that constitute life itself.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So why should I believe your theories with absolutely no proof whatsoever? I know exactly what I AM and I can use an analogy to help you understand it but only if you believe. Belief is what it takes to understand something that is completely invisible like our MINDS. It has taken me ever since the beginning to learn what I AM and now since I know, there will be an end to this part of the program.

Well, the vast majority of the evidence shows that life is a collection of chemical reactions and that minds are produced in brains. There is absolutely no evidence of an 'I' existing independently of any brain or body.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure

That leads me to ask , do you think the " I "is a separate formation from the physical body? The " I " must have emerged along with the physical processes. Two conjoined realities emerge to create the soul.

HonestJoe

Your answers are only meant for you to believe in. I know where your thoughts come from that only deceive you and everyone who reads them or listens to you speak them.
So you're not going to even try to explain whatever you're taking about in clear and simple terms, you're just going to dance around trying to sound mysterious and enigmatic? I guess if it makes you happy go for it but I don't see what you're expecting to achieve here.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have no burden to share words from our Creator but it appears that they certainly burden you. You are in denial that all these words that form in my mind and I post in here come from our Creator. You deleted my post '' Words from our Creator '' because of your unbelief.
The world's greatest mystics would all recognize this as illusion of the mind. At what age did you start having the perception of yourself as special in this way? Do you see yourself as a messiah?

A Vestigial Mote

Do you understand that the effects you described as part of the basis for your assumption about the body and mind combination (in red above) is ENTIRELY INDISTINGUISHABLE from the effects you would see if the "mind" is expressly composed of a continually energized mass of matter, and when the energy leaves that matter, the body appears dead? Entirely indistinguishable.

The only difference is, under your ridiculous scenario you MUST demonstrate the ability of "the mind" to exist outside of and not dependent on the body. in my scenario, I don't need to demonstrate a single thing - my description matches PRECISELY what can be (and has been) witnessed, measured and observed. Energy leaves, body stops moving, what we call "death" occurs, and for all intents and purposes "the mind" is no more.

IAMinyou

And I see it in almost the exact opposite way. Once you take away the body, there is no mind and no 'I'. The 'I' is something produced by the body, allowing for awareness of the rest of the world through the senses.

The body is the reality. The 'I' is at least partly an illusion (from what I can see).

Where is your proof that the body is reality and not the mind that is connected to the source of all information?

I can share some knowledge about how all our minds are connected to the same source but you still have to believe the knowledge our Creator has me share.

IAMinyou

Who said anything about 'random information'? Most of the information in the universe is structured in some way. In particular, the information associated with living things is structured in the chemistry of the chemical reactions that constitute life itself.

Do you know why physicist's use the term '' dark matter ''?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Where is your proof that the body is reality and not the mind that is connected to the source of all information?

Well, we know that bodies exist. Same as chairs and automobiles. They are part of reality.

I can share some knowledge about how all our minds are connected to the same source but you still have to believe the knowledge our Creator has me share.

You can certainly share your *opinion*, but I see no reason to think you have special knowledge, so why should I believe you are correct?

IAMinyou

The world's greatest mystics would all recognize this as illusion of the mind. At what age did you start having the perception of yourself as special in this way? Do you see yourself as a messiah?

I have never been special. I was created as the image of our Creator where all other MEN ( male and female ) were created a long time ago so how can I be special. The experience of life is special, like a miracle.

The Voice of the Image of our Creator is what I AM. So if you consider me a messiah, that must be important to you. Now that I know what I AM, I can teach what I AM to those who believe they were created as ME that gives them the ability to speak. Can you imagine what life would be like if our Creator created HIS IMAGE without a Voice? None of us would be able to speak to each other.