1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Truth: either God exists or He don't.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by capumetu, Jan 22, 2021.

1. MonkeyFire

MonkeyFire Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +442
    Religion:
    Faithful Jesus believer
    Then one would believe that he has no obligation to help human beings, you did kill his son btw. **** with him, and he will **** you back. He can't take your hand, unless you take His, but He reaches out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. firedragon

firedragon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,472
    Could it be? Anything "could be" mate. Spaghetti monsters, sky daddy's and flying teacups "could be". :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    Thank you. Valuable feedback:)

I know. I don't mock people, and I take people serious. That is why it's difficult for me to believe that some mock the feelings of others

But the words you mention here, clearly are good examples that they mock theists. And this also shows their arrogance; hence best to avoid

#103 stvdv, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  4. Israel Khan

Israel Khan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,126
    Religion:
    None
    Technically the Bible considers believers as a group to be God's wife. That is why straying from the "true faith" is considered adultery. It seems that God being a male is for symbolic purposes, to emphasize the close relationship between God and his institution of believers. So for instance, Jesus is considered the Bridegroom and the congregation is his Bride.

#104 Israel Khan, Jan 24, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,126
    Religion:
    None
    I fully agree with you here. What tends to happen is that people see evidence of or or are convinced of a few things in the Bible (or any other religious text) and then jump to the conclusion that there is truth here and that everything is true. How they are convinced of the rest is often through mental gymnastics and logical fallacies. The biggest problem here is that they will fall head first into the religion based on a few things they see as true, and then become trapped when they see something in their book which contradicts their beliefs or reality. I have been there myself. Not a good reason to join a religion.

OK. Then I misunderstood you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,126
    Religion:
    None
    So for me, I separate whether the book would be referring to an actual god and whether everything it says about a god is true. For instance I can tell others about you, and you exist, I am speaking about an actual person. But then I will tell others things about you that probably aren't true. That provides a false image of who you are. So the one addresses an existing being as an object, while the other addresses a that being's character, actions etc, which are all that being too. We are our personality, our history, our actions. So in the latter sense I would say that if they get things wrong about that god, that god isn't true.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    My Master in India said something similar. God is male, and all humans are female. There is 1 Religion, the Religion of Love. Don't stray from "true Faith", meaning don't stray from "Love". God indeed is symbolic for "Love". We are all God's children, meaning we all have this "Love" capacity in us. All are sparks of the Divine.

Hence male/female discrimination seems foolish to me. As well as any other discrimination. As well as "My way is the highway for all, except when highway = Love".

"Love" is the Bridegroom and humanity is His Bride

That is how I see it, in it's simplest form
    @stvdvRF

#107 stvdv, Jan 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,126
    Religion:
    None
    The more I learn about religions, the more I discover how similar they are. :)

It is interesting to see the common terminologies between what your master said and what Christianity teaches. Is this common Hindu thought?

God is male, humans/followers are female
    God is love
    Don't stray from the true faith/ Don't stray from God's love
    Humans are children of God
    We are all in God's image/ we all have the capacity to love

"All are sparks of the divine" though is the difference as Christianity doesn't state that.

And yes, female discrimination is foolish. Ironically, in the Bible, women tend to be more intelligent than men with more common sense. Men seem to be idiots.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand you even better. But still I have no clue about "an actual true god" myself (not because of you, by the way):)

Hence I would call "trying to picture god, frame god in a fixed way" even blasphemy (sitting on god's chair)", though god won't mind it:D

I can't address god as an object. Whatever I attribute to god, says something about me (a fact). Maybe it says something about god (no fact, at best a belief)

Aha, very clear.

For me god is always true. My perception is always wrong.

Hence I rather avoid saying "that god isn't true", because that easily gives the wrong idea. I might say "that perception people have about god isn't true". So, that its' very clear that the "isn't true" part always is about the people, it says nothing about god. I think you meant something similar, just put it in different words "that god isn't true" (also correct IMO). As I see it, we both mean the same, only if others fail to read your word "that" the meaning changes immensely. How I phrase it, misunderstanding is less likely to happen. Also the short version, easily could be interpreted that you believe in multiple gods. I believe in one god, with multiple perceptions people have of that one god (hence my non-short description).

Thanks for sharing about this. By writing/sharing I get my own picture more clear, how I see things. Although I still have no clue about the true god
    @stvdvRF

#109 stvdv, Jan 24, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    :D #MeToo

Yes, that's what I love about my Master. He makes it One. He did not come to create a new Faith "you have plenty Religions to choose from, pick any, and continue till you reach your goal; all Religions are good for that, also if you choose Atheism or something else, then it's enough to 'Hurt Never, Help Ever' to reach the same goal". So, though born in India, he declares that His Teachings are meant for all humanity, adding Himself even "this is not just for Hindus"

If one says "God the Father, and all are His children" then indirectly I read this as "God is Divine, so we are sparks (children) of Divine". So this one matches too

One other key similarity that matches. Ironically indeed. And my Master did not let men get away with it
    Because he declared "Women have 7 of the 16 Divine qualities, men only have 4 of the Divine qualities":oops:
    So, we men can strike the word seem, according to Bible and what my Master teaches:oops:
    @stvdvRF

11. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium अहम् ब्रह्मास्मि
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,130
    Religion:
    Sanatana Dharma
    "Common Hindu thought" isn't really that common. Hinduism is diverse, with many schools of philosophy and at least three yogic paths (jnana, bhakti, and karma). What @stvdv describes here his bhakti.

As one who identifies as Hindu, being a jnani, I disagree with much of this. For me...

"God" (I really dislike that term) is Nirguna Brahman, the highest principle, without qualities or attributes. Brahman is no deity, so in my flavor of Hinduism, "God" is not a deity.
    "God" simply is.
    There is no need for "faith." All of my views are evidence-based. There is a path to Self realization and to focus in stabilization in being what one is; Brahman. There is no concern about straying from the love of a deity.
    Humans (and all else in transactional reality) are an appearance in/of Brahman.
    Since Brahman is formless, we are not in "God's" image.

While @stvdv has every right to have the views of his master and still identify as Hindu, and while other Hindus probably have this view, as I demonstrate above, his view are most certainly not "common Hindu thought."

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    To be more precise, I would call my path ParaBhakti (click for more info)
    @stvdvRF

#112 stvdv, Jan 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium अहम् ब्रह्मास्मि
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,130
    Religion:
    Sanatana Dharma
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    Shivananda, a well known and revered Indian Master explains jnana & devotion (Para Bhakti) in Hinduism beautiful; better than I can
    @stvdvRF

#114 stvdv, Jan 24, 2021
  15. firedragon

firedragon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,472
    Alright alright brother. I take that back. For your sincere thoughts.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    There is no doubt in my mind that Jehovah's way is best. When I was not a Christian I lived the satanic philosophy: "I say to you whoever smites you on the right cheek, smash him on the other, return to him fourfold, aye, a hundred fold"

Now I am living the command to do unto others as you would have them do to you, quite a difference. But you know what? Peace and happiness is a result. I like myself now, and have many more actual friends.

17. stvdv

stvdv Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,205
    Religion:
    I was happy with your previous reply. I needed your example of Flying Spagetti Monster to see that some indeed mock others. I was too naive.

18. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    Anything he has to offer, as I serve Jehovah exclusively.

19. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    I perceive you have a very keen sense of justice maam, however it is misplaced. You didn't say how you would have reacted to the sin of Adam, you simply accused the wrong God. If you are going to place the blame on someone, place it accurately. Jehovah said not to eat of the tree, satan said be your own god.

20. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    Sure, it could be, you have the floor maam.