• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump or Sharia law?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you give some examples of this?
I could, but it's pretty off topic and not part of the point that certainly not everyone on the left agrees with the 'three horseman,' even atheists like myself. If you want some views on the three by people you'd call 'leftists' I'm sure you can find it. Here's a start:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Richard-Dawkins-so-hated-by-some-people
Richard Dawkins, what on earth happened to you? | Eleanor Robertson
Why does anyone take Sam Harris seriously?
The Problem With Christopher Hitchens | Great Apes!
Anything But Theist: Christopher Hitchens: Atheist, Author, *******

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Linda Sarsour’s Muslim Identity Politics Epitomize Feminism’s Hypocrisy

Women's March organizer Linda Sarsour has repeatedly defended Sharia law. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the law, there's a lot of unpleasant things going on with it (stoning, beheading, etc). Not to mention the worth of one woman being half of a man, limit of religious freedom,etc.

Not surprisingly Leftists have rushed to defend her, which highlights the movements deep ties and sympathies towards Islamism. There is no real push for true liberal ideals anymore, simply the fight between two forms of fascism.

This leaves us with just one question: Is a strong Right Wing cultural backlash necessary to preserve the ideals of Western civilization? Or should the West just give up?
We must reject the whole dichotomy. As a matter of fact, we have no true choice. Both so-called options are dead ends with very short lengths.

I don't really understand this supposed alliance between "left" and Islamism, but I can only assume that it is possible due to a severe lack of awareness of what Islaam truly is and seeks.

Not to imply that such a situation is in any way, shape or form a justification for lending any kind of support or approval for the likes of Trump, of course. Quite the opposite. The "alt-right" and similar groups are very much a threat to everyone, and it is a major shame that they are given so much support.

We all should avoid the whole level of political confrontation - which is way too destructive and loaded in any case - and seek solutions that involve more dialog, cooperation and mutual understanding.

To me personally that is a major challenge. To this day I have little notion of what beyond nihilism could possibly motivate anyone to support the alt-right. It is exceedingly difficult to speak with a group that, from all available evidence, has simply embraced insanity for insanity's sake.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
You do, Sam Harris, Dawkins and Bill Maher repeatedly state that the Left defends Islamism. Are they wrong too?

This is getting a little tiring. I honestly have no idea what you think I'm supporting. . . Can you reread this post from a couple of hours ago, where I said:

I'm atheist and I happen to think Islam is filled with bad ideas, and sharia law is an awful form of government that oppresses anyone who disagrees with them.

How much clearer can I be?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't support Trump, if anything I've been against him.

Many of my right wing views do not fall within the Republican party platform, and I do not really identify with the American Right. The American far Right would crucify me, given my background.

However most leftists here do identify with what the American left represents, and are getting angry at me rather than one of the main organizers of a massive March. An organizer who is pro Saudi Arabia and Sharia.

*Blinks*

You're on the right but don't support Trump. You assume that those on the left DO support this woman.

I mean, you have to see the problem here.

You are a nuanced person with your own views. People on the left are too. How do you think such over generalization can make sense when you yourself don't fit the over-generalizations of the right?

Milton Platt

So which is it, the left are communists or the left are fascists, you can't have it both ways; they are polar opposites on the political spectrum. Trump and his supporters are showing a lot of the signs of being a true fascist movement though, they sure ain't communists!!

Son-of-a-gun.....I think we finally agreed on something!

Phil25

Linda Sarsour’s Muslim Identity Politics Epitomize Feminism’s Hypocrisy

Women's March organizer Linda Sarsour has repeatedly defended Sharia law. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the law, there's a lot of unpleasant things going on with it (stoning, beheading, etc). Not to mention the worth of one woman being half of a man, limit of religious freedom,etc.

Not surprisingly Leftists have rushed to defend her, which highlights the movements deep ties and sympathies towards Islamism. There is no real push for true liberal ideals anymore, simply the fight between two forms of fascism.

This leaves us with just one question: Is a strong Right Wing cultural backlash necessary to preserve the ideals of Western civilization? Or should the West just give up?
Feminists love Islamists

Reactions: MD

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There simply is no shari'a in the U.S., nor will there be unless the Constitution were to be radically changed. It's all just hyped up nonsense much like "the war on Christmas".

esmith

Veteran Member
There simply is no shari'a in the U.S., nor will there be unless the Constitution were to be radically changed. It's all just hyped up nonsense much like "the war on Christmas".
No, but there are those here in the US that practice shari'a law; do you not agree?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
As a centrist....I followed the march as it was happening but never heard of her. She wasn't the focus of the march or all that instrumental to the march from what I can tell considering people were marching worldwide...and many came out seemingly almost everyday in their local areas marching in their cities and towns. Pretty much none of that she had any involvement in. Heck...the next week during the Pro Life march I saw a woman out there carrying a sign that indicated she was a "Pro Life Feminist".

Last edited: