• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump or Sharia law?

Kirran

Premium Member
Given demographic trends, it will definitely become a problem at home one day.

Most people reacted, thinking I'm some white supremacist pro Trump dude. I wonder if I broke their liberal brains when they realize I'm not white, nor pro Trump and come from 0 wealth, privilege and status.

I wouldn't go so far as definitely. Ideologies and the lenses by which people see the world change over time, and by the time major demographic shifts could occur there'd be plenty of time for ideological changes.

Yeah I know you're one of those minorities we keep hearing about. But hey, it's people's ideas I find fault with, not their backgrounds.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
I come from a different cultural context (Middle Eastern) but it seems that the Left picks and chooses it's enemies and allies.

Okay, that's a simple misunderstanding then. We don't.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Given that I'm not white myself and face considerable scrutiny and troubles as a poc, I obviously cannot support white supremacists
But people in 'your camp' obviously do. Where was the right outrage when Steve Bannon, who runs an anti-semetic, misogynist and white supremacy loaded website Breitbart, was made White House strategist and senior counselor?

MD

qualiaphile
But people in 'your camp' obviously do. Where was the right outrage when Steve Bannon, who runs an anti-semetic, misogynist and white supremacy loaded website Breitbart, was made White House strategist and senior counselor?

I don't support Trump, if anything I've been against him.

Many of my right wing views do not fall within the Republican party platform, and I do not really identify with the American Right. The American far Right would crucify me, given my background.

However most leftists here do identify with what the American left represents, and are getting angry at me rather than one of the main organizers of a massive March. An organizer who is pro Saudi Arabia and Sharia.

habiru

All of this that is going on , it is so that the Establishment can have other countries to honor the trade agreement. But now the the trade agreement has been destroyed, and so there should be no more kissing up to other countries and their practices. .
If I enter into someone's home, I will have to abide by their rules. If I do not like their rules, I'll leave. The refugees are looking for help, but they should know that every other countries doesn't practices Islam. If they do not like it, then they should find another place to live that only practices Islam. Before they had came to this country, that they knows that this country has many different beliefs and people over here wears vagina costumes. And so they should look around for another place that the people doesn't wears vagina costumes..

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't support Trump, if anything I've been against him.

Many of my right wing views do not fall within the Republican party platform, and I do not really identify with the American Right. The American far Right would crucify me, given my background.

However most leftists here do identify with what the American left represents, and are getting angry at me rather than one of the main organizers of a massive March. An organizer who is pro Saudi Arabia and Sharia.
This is putting words in people's mouths. You've had numerous examples within the thread, let alone withing the greater population, of people who consider themselves 'left' or were pro the Women's March who do not identify with everything every person on the left represents in their ideals. We're not a hive mind. Stop trying to treat us like one. And besides, there were a number of Republicans and Independents who also went to the women's rally, because the women's issues themselves were important to them as well. Are you saying now that both republicans and independents are also guilty by association of supporting Sharia Law?

MD

qualiaphile
This is putting words in people's mouths. You've had numerous examples within the thread, let alone withing the greater population, of people who consider themselves 'left' or were pro the Women's March who do not identify with everything every person on the left represents in their ideals. We're not a hive mind. Stop trying to treat us like one. And besides, there were a number of Republicans and Independents who also went to the women's rally, because the women's issues themselves were important to them as well. Are you saying now that both republicans and independents are also guilty by association of supporting Sharia Law?

Then why no condemnation whatsoever of the main organizers views ? Seems like your tribe is being attacked and you all rally to defend it, even if the attack is valid.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Then why no condemnation whatsoever of the main organizers views ? Seems like your tribe is being attacked and you all rally to defend it, even if the attack is valid.
:rolleyes: The fact that you keep referring to people who are part of the left as a 'tribe' speaks loads to your over-willingness to paint with such broad strokes that nobody should take your generalizations seriously. Just like...

Why? What prejudices?
Arbitrary and inconsistent criticism of Muslims and Islam in the latter two, arbitrary and inconsistent criticism of Christianity, religions at large and feminism in Dawkin's case.