• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump fires Obama

tytlyf

Not Religious
200px-Andrew_jackson_head.jpg
Andrew Jackson, founder of the modern Democratic Party and the first U.S. President to be elected from the Democratic Party (1829–1837)

As an elite Southern planter, Jackson recognized the importance of slave property to his financial security and, when he could, sought to increase the number of slaves he owned. Between 1812 and 1820, Jackson’s enslaved population increased from twenty to forty-four. By the time he was president, he owned nearly one hundred slaves; an estate inventory following Jackson’s death counted 161 slaves, split between The Hermitage and a Mississippi plantation.

Ignored in Hannah’s recollections was the violence visited upon The Hermitage slave community, such as when Jackson ordered runaway male slaves whipped upon capture. In 1804, for example, Jackson placed a newspaper advertisement describing a runaway slave named Tom Gid. He promised “ten dollars extra, for every hundred lashes any person will give him, to the amount of three hundred” if Tom were captured outside of the state. Hannah, Andrew Jackson’s Slave

The Democratic Party of the United States is the oldest voter-based political party in the world, tracing its heritage back to the 1820s.[1][2][3]During the "Second Party System", from 1832 to the mid-1850s, under presidents Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, James K. Polk, the Democrats usually bested the opposition Whig Party by narrow margins. History of the United States Democratic Party - Wikipedia
As I said, liberals/progressives freed the slaves, not want the state right to keep them.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
True but even though they say "Trump is not my president" in a way he still is.
"In a way"? Which way? Not the way they intend, of course.

When someone says something to you that could be taken a few different ways, what's more important for trying to figure out what they're trying to say?

- their intended meaning
- an alternate meaning for their statement that you know full well they didn't mean

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But you're close enuf to see the fallout.
And you're just as interested in the outcome as we Yanks.
Of course. But none of this means that I ought to proclaim my allegiance to Trump.

I'll abide by the law with respect to him. Beyond that... it's up for discussion.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
"In a way"? Which way? Not the way they intend, of course.

When someone says something to you that could be taken a few different ways, what's more important for trying to figure out what they're trying to say?

- their intended meaning
- an alternate meaning for their statement that you know full well they didn't mean
I just see that those Trump haters don't want him to be their president. A lot of those violent protest say something.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
What do you mean? Presidents have been removed from office before. There's a legal procedure to do it.

Worst case scenario, they could try to remove him from office in 4 years by trying to elect someone else.
What I mean is people protesting against Trump for him to get out of office.
And of course I know when I new president is elected the past one gets out of office.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What I mean is people protesting against Trump for him to get out of office.
And of course I know when I new president is elected the past one gets out of office.
Since he seems to be violating the Constitution already, getting him impeached may only be a matter of building enough popular support for Congress to go along with it.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Abe Lincoln, the literal first Republican freed the slaves. I still think it's funny that people associate racists with the right, and then forget that Black Lives Matter is largely composed of anti-semitic pan-African groups like Nation of Islam, New Black Panther Party, and the like.

The fact that you need to point to an event which happened centuries ago as an example of why the Republican Party isn't a hotbed of racists, misogynists & religious fanatics now kind of disproves your own claim.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
There are plenty of people on the right who still deny Obama was the legitimate President of the United States.
I gladly give Komrade Trumpsky the same amount of deference they gave Obama. We crossed the line from class to trash this year.

Trump still won't release his taxes. That will be the first in a long line of promises broken to the American People.