• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump fires Obama

Mindmaster

Premium Member
The fact that you need to point to an event which happened centuries ago as an example of why the Republican Party isn't a hotbed of racists, misogynists & religious fanatics now kind of disproves your own claim.

Oh, like Democrats in the south banning rebel flags?

I'm not much a fan of selective memory, that's to say I prefer to include all of history in my analysis not just like the last 50 years. The Democrats only started sucking up to minorities when they realized they could force them to vote if they herded them into ghettos and had strong men knock door to door beating them down with baseball bats if they didn't. Generations later the modern minority doesn't even know why grandma always voted Dem, but it's because she didn't want to chase her teeth and still thought that'd happen to the day she died. Now they vote Dem because their family did, and for no other reason, lol. The original reason was THEY WERE FORCED.

The party focused on race talks about it all day, because without that wedge they have nothing to sell. Republicans talk about Americans, Christians, and Liberty... in general... I think it's pretty easy to see what they sell... In either case....

Anyway, no one is more fanatic than the average liberal - it's worse than a religion, AFAIC. Put a few ideas on a forum about something that they don't agree with and it's you that is defective, invariably. When one of you actually makes a single valid point, maybe I'll consider it but I give a crap less about the feelings coming my way. Because people around here can't accept something because it offends their ideology doesn't mean I'm going to care. :D I don't even ascribe to any of these "teams" of thought, I have no horse on the track other than purely for amusement purposes.

I'm not Republican or Democrat, and never care to be.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
As I said, liberals/progressives freed the slaves, not want the state right to keep them.

I am sorry, but the this whole line of thought that historically racism is divided along political ideologies just shows extreme ignorance of our history. There are some exceptions, but generally speaking politicians typically don't change views on such things until public opinion changes. Both Liberals and Conservatives are plenty guilty of our unfortunate racist history.

You keep going on about slavery, and many assume that is the worst thing in our history when it comes to blacks. However, what followed after the Reconstruction, after the Republicans failed in their duties to ensure black rights, is recognized by some historians as worst than slavery, and both parties had their hands deep into that hate and suffering.

Why don't you check out convict leasing and racism; a practice that went on into the 1940s. It is a horrible part of our history; I don't even like thinking about it.

Worse than Slavery: Parchman Farm and the Ordeal of Jim Crow Justice: David M. Oshinsky: 9780684830957: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
Oh, like Democrats in the south banning rebel flags?

I'm not much a fan of selective memory, that's to say I prefer to include all of history in my analysis not just like the last 50 years. The Democrats only started sucking up to minorities when they realized they could force them to vote if they herded them into ghettos and had strong men knock door to door beating them down with baseball bats if they didn't. Generations later the modern minority doesn't even know why grandma always voted Dem, but it's because she didn't want to chase her teeth and still thought that'd happen to the day she died. Now they vote Dem because their family did, and for no other reason, lol. The original reason was THEY WERE FORCED.
The rebel flag wasn't banned. Who told you that? Was the governor a republican? Why should a DemoKKKrat flag be flying above a state building anyways? They lost, they're traitors.
Everything else you said is RW media bs.
I am sorry, but the this whole line of thought that historically racism is divided along political ideologies just shows extreme ignorance of our history. There are some exceptions, but generally speaking politicians typically don't change views on such things until public opinion changes. Both Liberals and Conservatives are plenty guilty of our unfortunate racist history.
You missed the point I'm making. Conservatives in the south a century ago were DemoKKKrats. They loved slavery and are racist much more so than progressives/liberal northern republicans. Today, conservatives joined the republican party. I'd say it's an accurate assessment that racism follows the ideology (conservative/progressive) line throughout history.
Comparing the 2 is ridiculous.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
You missed the point I'm making. Conservatives in the south a century ago were DemoKKKrats. They loved slavery and are racist much more so than progressives/liberal northern republicans. Today, conservatives joined the republican party. I'd say it's an accurate assessment that racism follows the ideology (conservative/progressive) line throughout history.
Comparing the 2 is ridiculous.

And my point is that it is not as simple as you suggest, and that slavery is not the full story.

"I'd say it's an accurate assessment that racism follows the ideology (conservative/progressive) line throughout history."

The North, the South, the Left, and the Right were all racist. You really think liberals didn't have a hand in Jim Crow laws?

Yes, before FDR the Southern Democrats housed the worst of the bunch, but racism was an American way of life back then, and everyone joined in. After the Reconstitution the North basically said to the blacks, "Well we freed you, we did our job." With no where to go and no support from the North, blacks were forced to go back and work the lands they did as slaves. When Social Darwinism became popular the North was every bit as eager to buy into idea that blacks were lazy, unethical and less evolved than whites. Segregation also existed both in the North and South, the South was just kind enough to put up signs. If you were in the North and black then you better know where you should not be, or things could get ugly. It was not really until FDR and the Civil Rights era that lines started to get drawn. The term "liberal" of today means something different then it did back then.

You can't divide it the manner you are suggesting; you are grossly over simplifying things.

"Comparing the 2 is ridiculous."

Trying to line things up, so that ideologies of today match those of the past is ridiculous. Those people in terms of racism had radically different views than we do today.

Edit* - Keep in mind that the aid FDR gave the blacks was consequential. It was not something he directly intended just to help blacks; they just happened to benefit from the New Deal. Both sides were very racist and the blacks knew it. It was just better to get something than nothing, so they sided with FDR.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
And my point is that it is not as simple as you suggest, and that slavery is not the full story.

"I'd say it's an accurate assessment that racism follows the ideology (conservative/progressive) line throughout history."

The North, the South, the Left, and the Right were all racist. You really think liberals didn't have a hand in Jim Crow laws?

Yes, before FDR the Southern Democrats housed the worst of the bunch, but racism was an American way of life back then, and everyone joined in. After the Reconstitution the North basically said to the blacks, "Well we freed you, we did our job." With no where to go and no support from the North, blacks were forced to go back and work the lands they did as slaves. When Social Darwinism became popular the North was every bit as eager to buy into idea that blacks were lazy, unethical and less evolved than whites. Segregation also existed both in the North and South, the South was just kind enough to put up signs. If you were in the North and black then you better know where you should not be, or things could get ugly. It was not really until FDR and the Civil Rights era that lines started to get drawn. The term "liberal" of today means something different then it did back then.

You can't divide it the manner you are suggesting; you are grossly over simplifying things.

"Comparing the 2 is ridiculous."

Trying to line things up, so that ideologies of today match those of the past is ridiculous. Those people in terms of racism had radically different views than we do today.

Edit* - Keep in mind that the aid FDR gave the blacks was consequential. It was not something he directly intended just to help blacks; they just happened to benefit from the New Deal. Both sides were very racist and the blacks knew it. It was just better to get something than nothing, so they sided with FDR.
I'm not talking about slavery in general. I'm talking about the time period in American history where conservatives in the south were democrats. The civil war was fought over 1 main thing, the state right to own a slave. The south to this day is still conservative, they switched to republicans some decades ago. Conservatives have been democrats a lot longer than republican.
The sad thing is you have RW media playing the race card by saying 'current day' democrats were the same ideology as the ones who started the KKK and were racists. RW media even hired the felon Dinesh D'Souza this last year to make a propaganda movie about the democratic party history. Making the same false claim. But these grifters are smart enough to know not to mention the ideology of the party at the time. If they slipped up on that, their agenda would be exposed.
Unfortunately, millions of people are running around in America thinking liberals/progressives founded the KKK and were the racist slave owners in the south.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I'm not talking about slavery in general. I'm talking about the time period in American history where conservatives in the south were democrats. The civil war was fought over 1 main thing, the state right to own a slave. The south to this day is still conservative, they switched to republicans some decades ago. Conservatives have been democrats a lot longer than republican.
The sad thing is you have RW media playing the race card by saying 'current day' democrats were the same ideology as the ones who started the KKK and were racists. RW media even hired the felon Dinesh D'Souza this last year to make a propaganda movie about the democratic party history. Making the same false claim. But these grifters are smart enough to know not to mention the ideology of the party at the time. If they slipped up on that, their agenda would be exposed.
Unfortunately, millions of people are running around in America thinking liberals/progressives founded the KKK and were the racist slave owners in the south.

You are making an irrelevant connection; conservatives of today are nothing like the conservatives back then. The history of American political ideology is not a straight line.

"The sad thing is you have RW media playing the race card by saying 'current day' democrats were the same ideology as the ones who started the KKK and were racists."

"Unfortunately, millions of people are running around in America thinking liberals/progressives founded the KKK and were the racist slave owners in the south."

And you are linking the "conservatives", to the KKK, even though they are nothing like the conservatives of today. That's like blaming white people of today for slavery. Your position is no better than theirs.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You are making an irrelevant connection; conservatives of today are nothing like the conservatives back then. The history of American political ideology is not a straight line.
The conservatives today still live in the same area as the conservatives back then. Hold many of the same ideologies, same feelings toward other races, etc. The KKK is still around and their ideology is the same. You're not fooling me. As a white person who has grown up in the south, I think I would know.
And you are linking the "conservatives", to the KKK, even though they are nothing like the conservatives of today. That's like blaming white people of today for slavery. Your position is no better than theirs.
The KKK is around today and they are christian conservatives. Just like when the KKK was founded. If you see a rebel flag being flown on someones property or car, that's a good indicator of the ideology.
White people are to blame for slavery in America. You think it was the natives?
I'm not saying all conservatives share this belief, but plenty do. The majority are older as well.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
The conservatives today still live in the same area as the conservatives back then. Hold many of the same ideologies, same feelings toward other races, etc. The KKK is still around and their ideology is the same. You're not fooling me. As a white person who has grown up in the south, I think I would know.

The KKK is around today and they are christian conservatives. Just like when the KKK was founded. If you see a rebel flag being flown on someones property or car, that's a good indicator of the ideology.
White people are to blame for slavery in America. You think it was the natives?
I'm not saying all conservatives share this belief, but plenty do. The majority are older as well.

"You're not fooling me. As a white person who has grown up in the south, I think I would know."

Personally, I like to draw my education from books filled with facts, but maybe the South has magical powers that imbues you with ultimate knowledge.

"The KKK is around today "

The KKK of today is a bunch of wimpy wimps compared to the KKK of the past. You can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that the past and the present are not the same thing.

"White people are to blame for slavery in America. You think it was the natives?"

I am sure I said "white people of today." Are you suggesting that you yourself are to blame for slavery in America, simply because you have white skin?

"I'm not saying all conservatives share this belief, but plenty do. "

You are tying to link modern conservatives to the KKK, even though the vast majority of them oppose the KKK.

habiru

"You're not fooling me. As a white person who has grown up in the south, I think I would know."

Personally, I like to draw my education from books filled with facts, but maybe the South has magical powers that imbues you with ultimate knowledge.

"The KKK is around today "

The KKK of today is a bunch of wimpy wimps compared to the KKK of the past. You can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that the past and the present are not the same thing.

"White people are to blame for slavery in America. You think it was the natives?"

I am sure I said "white people of today." Are you suggesting that you yourself are to blame for slavery in America, simply because you have white skin?

"I'm not saying all conservatives share this belief, but plenty do. "

You are tying to link modern conservatives to the KKK, even though the vast majority of them oppose the KKK.
It was the Elites that are to blame for slavery...It takes money to buy Slaves that are imported to America from Africa. They were progressives because they had seen it as a new system of having servants without pay, to do the work. They had thought that was progress, having a life time servant. But a Republican had came into office to stop it from progressing even further throughout the world. The Elites have been controlling and manipulating the world ever since the Roman period. . Obama was never in charged. He was just the Elite's Whipping boy. The Elites tell him what to do, and if the people doesn't like it, then Obama will be the one that the people will target, but not the true decision makers. Obama have given $ 221 million dollars to the Palestinians, but that shows that he is somebody's ignorant fool, that someone had told him to do that. But whomever had told him to that knows that they are not going to get the blame for it.. But it shows that who is pulling the strings is running out of money, that they has been using Tax-payers' money to do their will..

OBAMA, SOROS CREATE 'PALESTINE' Obama, Soros create ‘Palestine’

Hillary Stole 6 BILLION While Secretary, CONFIRMS State Department Inspector General