• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump fires Obama

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
He may not.
But those who say that he is not their president and live in the U.S. are a bunch of idiots.
No; they're expressing one of two opinions:

- they disagree with the Trump and have no confidence that he'll represent them properly, or
- they think there were literal irregularities with his election that call into question whether the election is legitimate.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Abe Lincoln, the literal first Republican freed the slaves. I still think it's funny that people associate racists with the right, and then forget that Black Lives Matter is largely composed of anti-semitic pan-African groups like Nation of Islam, New Black Panther Party, and the like.

The Democrats just moved from owning slaves to herding them in to ghetto plantations, they still crack the whip, they just do it by keeping them on the entitlement teat. You're still a slave if you're dependent on the goodwill of a slave master, or in this case, the local government.

Politically ideology of the two parties have swapped in our history. The Southern Democrats use to be the more racist of the two parties, and it during those times it was the Republicans that were considered what we could call "liberal".

If my memory is correct it was FDR that help cause the change in views for the Democrats; with the New Deal. Blacks supported FDR because even though both parties were racist (Republican support for the blacks was short lived after the Civil War), by supporting FDR and the New Deal blacks actually stood to gain something, and getting something was better than getting nothing. This helped to cause a change in the way Democrats and Republicans campaigned (as now blacks votes meant something), and caused many of the racist Southern Democrats (at the time the most racist of the political parties) to move over to the Republicans. They were more concerned with their racism and opposing blacks than political ideology.

That is the short of it and of course there was much more going on, and this is off the top of my head. However, the Republican party and Democratic party of today are not the same parties they were during Abe Lincoln's life.

Btw, the Democrats didn't make the ghettos, middle America did that.

Last edited:

habiru

Conservatives didn't free the slaves. They fought for the state right to continue owning them. American history 101

200px-Andrew_jackson_head.jpg
Andrew Jackson, founder of the modern Democratic Party and the first U.S. President to be elected from the Democratic Party (1829–1837)

As an elite Southern planter, Jackson recognized the importance of slave property to his financial security and, when he could, sought to increase the number of slaves he owned. Between 1812 and 1820, Jackson’s enslaved population increased from twenty to forty-four. By the time he was president, he owned nearly one hundred slaves; an estate inventory following Jackson’s death counted 161 slaves, split between The Hermitage and a Mississippi plantation.

Ignored in Hannah’s recollections was the violence visited upon The Hermitage slave community, such as when Jackson ordered runaway male slaves whipped upon capture. In 1804, for example, Jackson placed a newspaper advertisement describing a runaway slave named Tom Gid. He promised “ten dollars extra, for every hundred lashes any person will give him, to the amount of three hundred” if Tom were captured outside of the state. Hannah, Andrew Jackson’s Slave

The Democratic Party of the United States is the oldest voter-based political party in the world, tracing its heritage back to the 1820s.[1][2][3]During the "Second Party System", from 1832 to the mid-1850s, under presidents Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, James K. Polk, the Democrats usually bested the opposition Whig Party by narrow margins. History of the United States Democratic Party - Wikipedia

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Andrew Jackson, founder of the modern Democratic Party and the first U.S. President to be elected from the Democratic Party (1829–1837)

As an elite Southern planter, Jackson recognized the importance of slave property to his financial security and, when he could, sought to increase the number of slaves he owned. Between 1812 and 1820, Jackson’s enslaved population increased from twenty to forty-four. By the time he was president, he owned nearly one hundred slaves; an estate inventory following Jackson’s death counted 161 slaves, split between The Hermitage and a Mississippi plantation.

Ignored in Hannah’s recollections was the violence visited upon The Hermitage slave community, such as when Jackson ordered runaway male slaves whipped upon capture. In 1804, for example, Jackson placed a newspaper advertisement describing a runaway slave named Tom Gid. He promised “ten dollars extra, for every hundred lashes any person will give him, to the amount of three hundred” if Tom were captured outside of the state. Hannah, Andrew Jackson’s Slave

The Democratic Party of the United States is the oldest voter-based political party in the world, tracing its heritage back to the 1820s.[1][2][3]During the "Second Party System", from 1832 to the mid-1850s, under presidents Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, James K. Polk, the Democrats usually bested the opposition Whig Party by narrow margins. History of the United States Democratic Party - Wikipedia

He said "conservative", not Democrats. Democrats use to be the "conservatives", and Republicans use to be the "liberals." This is why you don't get your history lessons from Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
No; they're expressing one of two opinions:

- they disagree with the Trump and have no confidence that he'll represent them properly, or
- they think there were literal irregularities with his election that call into question whether the election is legitimate.
They do have their opinions but in a way as long as they live in the US he will still be their president.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
FWIW, Komrade Trumpsky has caused me to say something I never thought I would utter...

Gawd, I miss Shrub!
(aka Dubya)

trump-bush-meme.jpg

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
They do have their opinions but in a way as long as they live in the US he will still be their president.
Not in the sense that they mean.

An American's only actual duty toward Trump is defined by the law: don't assault him, don't try to remove him from office by illegal means, etc.

They don't owe him respect or allegiance. They can hate him. They can try to remove him from office by legal means.

"Not my President" is a statement about noy pledging loyalty to Trump and not conceding to be under Trump's authority. The fact that he might try to exert authority over them doesn't change the fact that many people didn't choose it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Then your comment was correct. That is a common statement of the Trump haters.
And it's just as common among Trump supporters to try to derail the conversation into hair-splitting over semantics instead of asking themselves why Trump would inspire many Americans to disavow themselves of him.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
There are plenty of people on the right who still deny Obama was the legitimate President of the United States.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Not in the sense that they mean.

An American's only actual duty toward Trump is defined by the law: don't assault him, don't try to remove him from office by illegal means, etc.

They don't owe him respect or allegiance. They can hate him. They can try to remove him from office by legal means.

"Not my President" is a statement about noy pledging loyalty to Trump and not conceding to be under Trump's authority. The fact that he might try to exert authority over them doesn't change the fact that many people didn't choose it.
I didn't like Obama and I never said that he is not my president.