• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This thread is so gay

Is it always wrong to use the word gay as an insult or as a joke?

• Yes

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters

Just_me_Mike

This is pretty gay

Moderator cut: image removed
I see the picture has potential to be humorous with the right caption, like looser, or sick, or twisted or lame or pathetic... or even "frat party gone really wrong"

Gay is the best word to describe that? :facepalm:
Yeah that just really helps the LGBT community...

Of course I see it is a picture begging for the right caption, but really, Gay is what comes to mind when you look at that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I see the picture has potential to be humorous with the right caption, like looser, or sick, or twisted or lame or pathetic... or even "frat party gone really wrong"

Gay is the best word to describe that? :facepalm:
Yeah that just really helps the LGBT community...

Of course I see it is a picture begging for the right caption, but really, Gay is what comes to mind when you look at that?

For a guy who has claimed to have hung with guys from the teams and delta you sure are a bit sensitive me thinks

Just_me_Mike

For a guy who has claimed to have hung with guys from the teams and delta you sure are a bit sensitive me thinks

Again I could actually care less. To each his own, I just was playing devils advocate with mball.

Does it bother you I trained with both special forces? Kind of sounds like that.
Would it bother you more to know I was the trainer in these sessions? It's really not that big a deal, it is quite common for men of that rank to seek training not provided by the army or navy, or in some cases they just enjoy more extensive work in this particular arena of skills.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, even though 48% think there is nothing wrong with this term, it is heartening that 52% realize how intellectually bankrupt it is to use the term "gay" when they mean something is less than great.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Well, even though 48% think there is nothing wrong with this term, it is heartening that 52% realize how intellectually bankrupt it is to use the term "gay" when they mean something is less than great.

I didn't realize intellectual value was a significant consideration when jokingly calling something gay.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

It's also nice to know that at least 48% aren't intellectually bankrupt enough to take you seriously.