• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The corona and end time plagues

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Humanity's deliverance from its afflictions will come at the appointed hour because that is when the Divine Standard will be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise will warble its melody...

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119

The Divine Standard will be unfurled when God exalts His Cause and magnifies His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

Baha'is do not believe that the world will end, but it will go through much turmoil before the evil is no more and the good remains. In the distant future, there will be a a New Race of Man.

“In this age humanity has strayed far from the path of truth, and the call of Bahá’u’lláh to recognize Him as the viceregent of God on earth has fallen on deaf ears. But a careful study of His writings leads us to believe that His Revelation, being the culmination of past Revelations and one which has ushered in the Day of God Himself, will exert such a potent influence upon mankind as a whole that eventually all the peoples of the world will recognize His station of their own free will and embrace His cause of their own volition. And this in turn will bring about, in the distant future, the appearance of a new race of men whose noble character and spiritual virtues we, in this age, are unable to visualize.” (AdibTaherzadeh, The Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh v 3, p. 3)

New Race of Men
The "Divine Standard" has already been unfurled, as you express it, by Jesus and his Father. So we already have the warning. The complete fulfillment of that divine standard is yet to come, and it is this that many look forward to with eager expectation. It is similar to wearing face masks and hand-washing. There are measures we can take to protect ourselves from being swept away, figuratively speaking of course. Matthew 24:14, Jesus said the good news would be preached in all he inhabited earth, and then the end would come. This does not mean that the earth will be destroyed, but that all the badness will be removed (go away).

Clara Tea

Revelation 15 (7 plagues). It isn't just the prediction of suffering that made people believe. It was also the bible prediction of the steps leading up to it that made people believe. Revelation says not to attack Iraq or you will incur God's wrath. Revelation says that two foul demons escaped from the smokey depths of the bottomless pit of hell (and Revelation described the smoke), and rose to the presidency and each of the two presidents with demonic souls attacked Iraq. Those demons are named the dragon, and the son of the dragon (born of his mouth) is the beast.

Revelation also says that the administrations of the dragon and beast was interrupted by another (unnamed) administration. This is how the bible said it: (paraphrasing so you can understand): The administration that was (that is the George H. W. Bush administration), was no longer (that is the administration of Bill Clinton took its place), and then the administration that was and was no longer is again (that is, W. Bush took the place of Bill Clinton, continuing his father's administration, and making a 2nd attack on Iraq, just the way the bible said).

In other words, the bible was completely correct and accurate about the prediction that got us to this point, and even the unimaginable has occurred. That is, the richest nation in the world is going broke.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The "Divine Standard" has already been unfurled, as you express it, by Jesus and his Father. So we already have the warning. The complete fulfillment of that divine standard is yet to come, and it is this that many look forward to with eager expectation. It is similar to wearing face masks and hand-washing. There are measures we can take to protect ourselves from being swept away, figuratively speaking of course.
I believe that the Divine Standard for this age has been announced by Baha'u'llah, but as yet the Divine Standard for this age has not been recognized by many. However, eventually that will change....The complete unfurling of the divine standard is yet to come, and it is this that many Baha'is look forward to with eager expectation.

“The day is approaching when the intervening clouds will have been completely dissipated, when the light of the words, “All honor belongeth unto God and unto them that love Him,” will have appeared, as manifest as the sun, above the horizon of the Will of the Almighty...” Gleanings, p. 306

I believe that the gospel message was the Divine Standard for a former age. That belief is based upon my belief in Dispensations, and that each successive Dispensation abrogates all the Dispensations that preceded it..

Dispensation
  1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com

I do not believe that the gospel of Jesus has not been abrogated because the Word of God can never be abrogated. It is only the Dispensation of Jesus that has been abrogated.... That means by an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is now according to the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, not according to the gospel of Jesus.

It really is quite simple. Every time God sends a new Messenger (Manifestation), His Revelation supersedes all the Revelations that have come before it. A Dispensation is the divine ordering of the affairs of the world, and that can be only according to one Manifestation at a time. Once a Manifestation of God has completed His Mission on earth and revealed scriptures, what He revealed is pertinent only until the next Manifestation of God appears; and then He completes His Mission and His scriptures are pertinent until the next Manifestation of God appears.

Once the Mission is completed, it is completed, as Jesus said:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Once the Mission of Jesus was completed and Christianity fulfilled its purpose for humanity, there was no reason for Jesus to remain in this world or to return to this world. God always sends another Messenger, and religion is renewed in order to suit the circumstances of the age in which He appears. The new Messenger always brings a new remedy that is needed for the age in which He appears.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81
Matthew 24:14, Jesus said the good news would be preached in all the inhabited earth, and then the end would come. This does not mean that the earth will be destroyed, but that all the badness will be removed (go away).
The gospel had been preached in all the inhabited earth by the mid-19th century, when all the other prophecies for the return of Christ were also fulfilled, as was proven in the book Thief in the Night by William Sears.

The follow is in an excerpt from the book (http://bahai-library.com/pdf/s/sears_thief_night.pdf)

The millennial zeal reached its climax in the year 1844. I wanted to know exactly why. What had led all these people to the same year?

I found the answer. This date in history had been chosen primarily because of three specific promises made by Christ Himself to His disciples. He gave three promises, saying that when these three things came to pass, He (Christ) would return to earth.

The first promise: His Gospel would be preached everywhere on earth.

The first promise of Christ was easy to find. He made it to His disciples in direct reply to their questions. They asked Him:

“Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” (Matthew 24:3)

This verse is found in the twenty–fourth chapter of Matthew. Christ then gave His disciples in the following words:

“But he that shall endure until the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness … then shall the end come.” (Matthew 24:13)

This was clear enough. The end would come, and Christ would return, when His Gospel was preached throughout the world.

My next step was to discover when the Gospel of Christ was considered to have been preached throughout the world.

A study of the spread of Christianity made by scholars of the 1840’s, convinced them that the message of Christ had, by their day, already encircled the globe. The Gospel was being taught in all the continents. By 1844 it was being taught even in the interior of Africa, not by solitary missionaries, but on an organized scale. A commercial history of East Africa states: “Christian missions began their activities amongst the African people in 1844. (Year Book and Guide to East Africa, Ed. by Robert Hale Ltd., London, 1953, p. 44)

Dr D. L. Leonard, historian of the Mission movement, in his A Hundred Years of Missions, says of the spread of the Word of Christ and His Gospel: “… for the first time since the apostolic period, (there) occurred an outburst of general missionary zeal and activity.”

He is speaking of the last years of the eighteenth century, leading to the nineteenth century, to 1844, and beyond. “Beginning in Great Britain, it soon spread to the Continent and across the Atlantic. It was no mere push of fervour, but a mighty tide set in, which from that day to this has been steadily rising and spreading.”

Another account states: “In 1804 the British and Foreign Bible Society was organised. Students of the prophetic word felt at the time that these agencies were coming in fulfilment of the prophecy.” (Our Day in the Light of Prophecy, Spicer, p. 308.)

This was a direct reference to the prophecy of Christ that He would return when His gospel was preached everywhere in the world.

Before 1804, the Bible had already been printed and circulated in fifty languages. In 1816 the American Bible Society was formed. George Storrs in the newspaper, Midnight Cry, on 4 May 1843, stated that these two societies (British and American) with their innumerable branches were spreading the Gospel of Christ in every part of the world.

G. S. Faber in Eight Dissertations, which was completed in the very year of greatest prophetic fervour, 1844, declares: “The stupendous endeavours of one gigantic community to convey the Scriptures in every language to every part of the globe may well deserve to be considered as an eminent sign even of these eventful times. Unless I be much mistaken, such endeavours are preparatory to the final grand diffusion of Christianity, which is the theme of so many inspired prophets, and which cannot be far distant in the present day.’

M. H. Goyer writes in his book on prophetic fulfilment: “The British and Foreign Bible Society (for one example) has issued, since its foundation in1804, over 421 million copies of the Scriptures, in practically every country known throughout the globe.”

In Our Day in the Light of Prophecy, Spicer wrote that the Gospel in his day had been spread ‘to ninety-five per cent of the inhabitants of the earth.’ He added: “It was in 1842 that five treaty-ports in China were open to commerce and to missions—advance steps in the opening of all China to the Gospel. In 1844 Turkey was prevailed upon to recognise the right of the Moslems to become Christians, reversing all Moslem tradition. In 1844 Alan Gardiner established the South American Mission. In 1842 Livingstone’s determination was formed to open the African interior.”

Dr A. T. Pierson in Modern Mission Century wrote: “India, Siam, Burma, China, Japan, Turkey, Africa, Mexico, South America … were successively and successfully entered. Within five years, from 1853 to 1858, new facilities were given to the entrance and occupation of seven different countries, together embracing half the world’s population.”

There were many additional references which made it clear that the Gospel of Christ, and its teachers, had entered every continent by the year 1844, spreading the Word of Jesus the Christ throughout the world.

This was considered by the students of Scripture to be in exact fulfilment of the words of Christ given in Mark:

“And the gospel must first be published among all nations.” (Mark 13:10)

In this same chapter, Christ warns that when this takes place: “Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.” (Mark 13:33)

When this Gospel is published in all nations, Christ again promises:

“… then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.” (Mark 13:26)

The millennial scholars of the 1840s felt that Christ’s first promise had been fulfilled. They felt it had been clearly demonstrated that the Gospel of Christ had been ‘preached in all the world for a witness’ and, therefore, the hour for His coming must now be at hand.

I was convinced myself that the first promise of Christ had indeed been fulfilled by the year 1844. There could be no doubt of this.

It was an interesting beginning.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I believe that the Divine Standard for this age has been announced by Baha'u'llah, but as yet the Divine Standard for this age has not been recognized by many. However, eventually that will change....The complete unfurling of the divine standard is yet to come, and it is this that many Baha'is look forward to with eager expectation.

“The day is approaching when the intervening clouds will have been completely dissipated, when the light of the words, “All honor belongeth unto God and unto them that love Him,” will have appeared, as manifest as the sun, above the horizon of the Will of the Almighty...” Gleanings, p. 306

I believe that the gospel message was the Divine Standard for a former age. That belief is based upon my belief in Dispensations, and that each successive Dispensation abrogates all the Dispensations that preceded it..

Dispensation
  1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com

I do not believe that the gospel of Jesus has not been abrogated because the Word of God can never be abrogated. It is only the Dispensation of Jesus that has been abrogated.... That means by an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is now according to the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, not according to the gospel of Jesus.

It really is quite simple. Every time God sends a new Messenger (Manifestation), His Revelation supersedes all the Revelations that have come before it. A Dispensation is the divine ordering of the affairs of the world, and that can be only according to one Manifestation at a time. Once a Manifestation of God has completed His Mission on earth and revealed scriptures, what He revealed is pertinent only until the next Manifestation of God appears; and then He completes His Mission and His scriptures are pertinent until the next Manifestation of God appears.

Once the Mission is completed, it is completed, as Jesus said:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Once the Mission of Jesus was completed and Christianity fulfilled its purpose for humanity, there was no reason for Jesus to remain in this world or to return to this world. God always sends another Messenger, and religion is renewed in order to suit the circumstances of the age in which He appears. The new Messenger always brings a new remedy that is needed for the age in which He appears.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

The gospel had been preached in all the inhabited earth by the mid-19th century, when all the other prophecies for the return of Christ were also fulfilled, as was proven in the book Thief in the Night by William Sears.

The follow is in an excerpt from the book (http://bahai-library.com/pdf/s/sears_thief_night.pdf)

The millennial zeal reached its climax in the year 1844. I wanted to know exactly why. What had led all these people to the same year?

I found the answer. This date in history had been chosen primarily because of three specific promises made by Christ Himself to His disciples. He gave three promises, saying that when these three things came to pass, He (Christ) would return to earth.

The first promise: His Gospel would be preached everywhere on earth.

The first promise of Christ was easy to find. He made it to His disciples in direct reply to their questions. They asked Him:

“Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?” (Matthew 24:3)

This verse is found in the twenty–fourth chapter of Matthew. Christ then gave His disciples in the following words:

“But he that shall endure until the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness … then shall the end come.” (Matthew 24:13)

This was clear enough. The end would come, and Christ would return, when His Gospel was preached throughout the world.

My next step was to discover when the Gospel of Christ was considered to have been preached throughout the world.

A study of the spread of Christianity made by scholars of the 1840’s, convinced them that the message of Christ had, by their day, already encircled the globe. The Gospel was being taught in all the continents. By 1844 it was being taught even in the interior of Africa, not by solitary missionaries, but on an organized scale. A commercial history of East Africa states: “Christian missions began their activities amongst the African people in 1844. (Year Book and Guide to East Africa, Ed. by Robert Hale Ltd., London, 1953, p. 44)

Dr D. L. Leonard, historian of the Mission movement, in his A Hundred Years of Missions, says of the spread of the Word of Christ and His Gospel: “… for the first time since the apostolic period, (there) occurred an outburst of general missionary zeal and activity.”

He is speaking of the last years of the eighteenth century, leading to the nineteenth century, to 1844, and beyond. “Beginning in Great Britain, it soon spread to the Continent and across the Atlantic. It was no mere push of fervour, but a mighty tide set in, which from that day to this has been steadily rising and spreading.”

Another account states: “In 1804 the British and Foreign Bible Society was organised. Students of the prophetic word felt at the time that these agencies were coming in fulfilment of the prophecy.” (Our Day in the Light of Prophecy, Spicer, p. 308.)

This was a direct reference to the prophecy of Christ that He would return when His gospel was preached everywhere in the world.

Before 1804, the Bible had already been printed and circulated in fifty languages. In 1816 the American Bible Society was formed. George Storrs in the newspaper, Midnight Cry, on 4 May 1843, stated that these two societies (British and American) with their innumerable branches were spreading the Gospel of Christ in every part of the world.

G. S. Faber in Eight Dissertations, which was completed in the very year of greatest prophetic fervour, 1844, declares: “The stupendous endeavours of one gigantic community to convey the Scriptures in every language to every part of the globe may well deserve to be considered as an eminent sign even of these eventful times. Unless I be much mistaken, such endeavours are preparatory to the final grand diffusion of Christianity, which is the theme of so many inspired prophets, and which cannot be far distant in the present day.’

M. H. Goyer writes in his book on prophetic fulfilment: “The British and Foreign Bible Society (for one example) has issued, since its foundation in1804, over 421 million copies of the Scriptures, in practically every country known throughout the globe.”

In Our Day in the Light of Prophecy, Spicer wrote that the Gospel in his day had been spread ‘to ninety-five per cent of the inhabitants of the earth.’ He added: “It was in 1842 that five treaty-ports in China were open to commerce and to missions—advance steps in the opening of all China to the Gospel. In 1844 Turkey was prevailed upon to recognise the right of the Moslems to become Christians, reversing all Moslem tradition. In 1844 Alan Gardiner established the South American Mission. In 1842 Livingstone’s determination was formed to open the African interior.”

Dr A. T. Pierson in Modern Mission Century wrote: “India, Siam, Burma, China, Japan, Turkey, Africa, Mexico, South America … were successively and successfully entered. Within five years, from 1853 to 1858, new facilities were given to the entrance and occupation of seven different countries, together embracing half the world’s population.”

There were many additional references which made it clear that the Gospel of Christ, and its teachers, had entered every continent by the year 1844, spreading the Word of Jesus the Christ throughout the world.

This was considered by the students of Scripture to be in exact fulfilment of the words of Christ given in Mark:

“And the gospel must first be published among all nations.” (Mark 13:10)

In this same chapter, Christ warns that when this takes place: “Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.” (Mark 13:33)

When this Gospel is published in all nations, Christ again promises:

“… then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.” (Mark 13:26)

The millennial scholars of the 1840s felt that Christ’s first promise had been fulfilled. They felt it had been clearly demonstrated that the Gospel of Christ had been ‘preached in all the world for a witness’ and, therefore, the hour for His coming must now be at hand.

I was convinced myself that the first promise of Christ had indeed been fulfilled by the year 1844. There could be no doubt of this.

It was an interesting beginning.
The standard that God set was at the beginning. It was obedience to Him.

YoursTrue

Yes, that was the standard God set.
Also, I was reading what Moses wrote at Exodus 31:18, which states:
"Now as soon as he had finished speaking with him on Mount Siʹnai, he gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone written on by God’s finger." So the two tablets (in other words, the Ten Commandments) were considered as the Testimony.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Also, I was reading what Moses wrote at Exodus 31:18, which states:
"Now as soon as he had finished speaking with him on Mount Siʹnai, he gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone written on by God’s finger." So the two tablets (in other words, the Ten Commandments) were considered as the Testimony.
Yes, I believe that whatever Moses brought us was God's Testimony.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some information on that can be found here, if you are interested.
I would hope none of that is true because it would mean god is so barbarically and heinously cruel he sent Hitler and the Nazis to prepare the world for prophecy.
If that god is real I want nothing to do with him.
But ultimately it's doing nothing more than what Christians have been doing for 2000 years now.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Jesus often referred to himself in the 3rd person when speaking of his future return to judge mankind. That doesn't mean he wasn't referring to himself. It reflects his great humility that he had, and reflects the humility his Father has as well. That is why only humble and meek people are drawn to them.

Jesus could have very easily replaced "son of man" with "I" or "me" every time he said it.
Very true... and even as he spoke, without directly saying I am the Son of man, it is clear he confirmed it.
(Matthew 8:20) . . .But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.. . .

(Matthew 9:6) . . .However, in order for you to know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins -” then he said to the paralytic: “Get up, pick up your stretcher, and go to your home.”

He could easily have said, "In order for you to know that I..", but he was teaching by his speech, and giving bits of information that would remain etched on people's minds.
When they heard the expression 'Son of man', these words would return to him, that he is the son of man.

@Trailblazer whom is this verse referring to?
(Matthew 11:19) The Son of man did come eating and drinking, but people say, ‘Look! A man who is a glutton and is given to drinking wine, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’. . .

nPeace

Veteran Member
But the fact is that He didn't. ;)
I find it interesting that you did not answer the questions Trailblazer. I really am interested to hear your answer.
Whom does Bahais say the son of man at Daniel 7 refers to?

I got your answer a few posts down, so it's okay.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
I would hope none of that is true because it would mean god is so barbarically and heinously cruel he sent Hitler and the Nazis to prepare the world for prophecy.
If that god is real I want nothing to do with him.
But ultimately it's doing nothing more than what Christians have been doing for 2000 years now.
I don't understand why you say god sent Hitler and the Nazis.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't understand why you say god sent Hitler and the Nazis.
If the League of Nations had to fall to return as the UN, this would necessitate the presence of Hitler and the Nazis, and they were a very major reason WWII broke out. Without this alleged prophecy could not be fulfilled. This means god intended for the Nazis to do what they did. That they are a part of his plan. And if that is the case, his plan is sadistic.

Eyes to See

If the League of Nations had to fall to return as the UN, this would necessitate the presence of Hitler and the Nazis, and they were a very major reason WWII broke out. Without this alleged prophecy could not be fulfilled. This means god intended for the Nazis to do what they did. That they are a part of his plan. And if that is the case, his plan is sadistic.

Jehovah foretold many of the evils that humankind would face for casting him off and choosing to rebel. But that is not his fault. We are told:

"When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone."-James 1:13.

God cannot be tried with evil and neither does anything evil come from God. So he was not the cause of Hitler. You can be rest assured. But he did prophecy the rise of Hitler. Jehovah could foretell the rise of every single ruler that has ever lived and name them by name if he wanted to.

The prophecy about Hitler is found in Daniel 11.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Jehovah foretold many of the evils that humankind would face for casting him off and choosing to rebel. But that is not his fault. We are told:
If this had to happen, it is gods fault. He designed the system, he set things up, it is his doing.