• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The corona and end time plagues

PAUL MARKHAM

In the past, great plagues have saved Man. Imagine a world where they did not happen? 9 billion would be a distant number in the past for the population size, we could be up to 15 billion people. All over-consuming what the Earth has.

A great plague will go a long way to solving the problems of today's world. Because Man isn't capable of applying the needed solutions. Covid 19 isn't that terrible.

Last edited:

Dave Watchman

So do Christians consider the covid to be a Revelation for told end time plagues? If so for those who believe Christians won't suffer in the end times because they will be taken up to heaven first how do you explain Christians suffering from Covid?

I think you asking a good question Riders.

I think it's tough to answer this because I am certain to consider the covid to be a Revelation for told end time plagues, but because it's happening now, it makes it almost too scary to talk about.

I'm talking about Christians who believe in the rapture.

I knew what you were talking about.

I'm not the classic rapture style Christian.

I just gotta think of something to say that won't scare the pants off of some of the people, or alienate the rest of the traditional Tim Lahaye people.

Like if I'm right, something else bigger is coming soon, where you would be able to ask the similar question.

Like, "I thought you guys were supposed to be gone by now."

Or: "Where's your Moses now?

Maybe I can come back and think of something better to say latter.

Russia deaths from last week of September:

nOsKkh6.jpg

Russia deaths from last day of October:

PJgqTo5.jpg

Dave Watchman

In the past, great plagues have saved Man. Imagine a world where they did not happen? 9 billion would be a distant number in the past for the population size, we could be up to 15 billion people. All over-consuming what the Earth has.

A great plague will go a long way to solving the problems of today's world. Because Man isn't capable of applying the needed solutions. Covid 19 isn't that terrible.

But you can see there's something different with this one.

It's not just the plague this time, it's how governments all around the world are reacting TO the plague. And how the people seem to be fighting against it.

The Covid won't kill the world, it's the societal and the economic collapse that the Covid CAUSES which will be the catalyst for the rest of it.

Because of the SIGNS that the Dragon is given the power to do, in the presence of the first beast, he will CAUSE the WORLD to set up an image...

There's a way to know that this is the fulfillment of time.

When Jesus said early in Mark that the "time" is fulfilled.

That same "time" has been fulfilled again, the Daniel 9 time.

Like what Isaac Newton said about there being a dual application to the 7 and 62 weeks.

PAUL MARKHAM

It's not just the plague this time, it's how governments all around the world are reacting TO the plague. And how the people seem to be fighting against it.

The Covid won't kill the world, it's the societal and the economic collapse that the Covid CAUSES which will be the catalyst for the rest of it.

Because of the SIGNS that the Dragon is given the power to do, in the presence of the first beast, he will CAUSE the WORLD to set up an image...

There's a way to know that this is the fulfillment of time.

When Jesus said early in Mark that the "time" is fulfilled.

That same "time" has been fulfilled again, the Daniel 9 time.

Like what Isaac Newton said about there being a dual application to the 7 and 62 weeks.
The economic impact is terrible for many, but a slow down of consumerism isn't a bad thing except for those now out of a job,

Vee

Premium Member
So do Christians consider the covid to be a Revelation for told end time plagues? If so for those who believe Christians won't suffer in the end times because they will be taken up to heaven first how do you explain Christians suffering from Covid?

The Bible doesn't say that Christians will be spared from any of the difficulties humans might face in the end times, or at any other time in human history. Faith and prayer can help us to endure a lot of problems, but we are not physically protected from anything. Christians have illnesses and accidents, and are victims of natural disasters and crime and death, just like everyone else.

kjw47

Is the Covid like the black death plague of Europe that killed so many?

worse--its worldwide. It seems to be gaining strength again in the world. The bible mentions--the removal of the constant feature in Daniel prophecy for the end times. Seems like the perfect description of what occurred worldwide. Then the days are numbered- 42 months-then 30 days.

PAUL MARKHAM

Is the Covid like the black death plague of Europe that killed so many?
Not even close. The Plagues of the past killed up to a third of the people infected by them, the lack of medicines, hygiene, living conditions, etc.

If we had carried it to the rest of the world it would have killed them as well. In fact Europeans carried diseases with them as they discovered new territories.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03y11QO59gk-4A26UNX73UbTMYU1w:1604268029054&ei=_S-fX83IApKPlwT29LjABA&q=%+of+people+dying+from+covid+19+world+wide&oq=%+of+people+dying+from+covid+19+world+wide&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDoECAAQR1DYlgdY-swHYI3hB2gAcAJ4AIAB4QGIAYYNkgEGMS4xMC4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBsABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiNu_uPrOLsAhWSx4UKHXY6DkgQ4dUDCA0

Even the data is flimsy. A person who tested positive in some countries would be categorised in the Covid Death sector. Even if he died of a heart attack, cancer, old age, etc.

But it's amusing watching how some seem to enjoy telling us it's the end of days.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I am not saying that Jesus was not the Son of man, but the rest of what you say about the 144,000 anointed Christian congregation, the "holy ones" will all rule as kings in heaven over the earth has no basis in scripture. Logically speaking, it it was true, all the other Christians who are reading the same scripture would agree with you, but we all know that Christians all disagree on their beliefs, even though they are reading from the same Bible.
You might as well say the same thing, for example, about Mary said by some to be the "eternal virgin," and things like that. Some say yes, others say no. All claim to be Christian reading the same Bible. God gives us a choice as to what we accept.

Dave Watchman

But it's amusing watching how some seem to enjoy telling us it's the end of days.

I wouldn't exactly call it enjoyable.

Fascinating, terrifying, exciting?

I'm still not sure exactly what will happen next, but I bet it's not going to be like most of the people think.

We might be headed into some turbulence soon, and may need to forego the complimentary snack and drink and keep y'all buckled up.

"Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. - Revelation 3:10​

That word for "from", has also been shown to mean during.

He can keep you "during" the hour of trial.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm still not sure exactly what will happen next, but I bet it's not going to be like most of the people think.

We might be headed into some turbulence soon, and may need to forego the complimentary snack and drink and keep y'all buckled up.

"Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. - Revelation 3:10
I agree we are headed for some turbulence but I do not know when or what form it will be. We can pray to try to mitigate the severity but that is all we an do.

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Revelation 13:15 says that the Beast (we are assuming the Beast is COVID since those who worship it also fear it, and say "What is like unto (COVID)? What can make war against it?" Remember in the Old Testament thinking to be afraid of something is to worship it) has the authority to kill those who do not worship it. Who are nor afraid of it. Who say it is a false idol . Not real. I've got links to websites showing that around 6% of COVID cases according to the CDC itself are actual COVID, while the rest are primarily caused by something else. And of those, roughly a majority are those who are 70 or above. This disease isn't one we should fear, but saying that is useless. Of those that died who weren't 70, one of those had just attended a church after regulations loosened. A real church, not a social distancing thing. Another was a guy who said online that this thing isn't real. Another was a bishop who refused to go along with this stuff. Being a Christian won't keep you from getting it, because it's precisely said that any who don't worship the Beast will die, one way or another.
Show me someone who had died strictly of AIDs.
--It can't be done--
Want to swap needles based on that same logic of "strictly Covid?" (I sure don't)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
First of all, I find there is No ' taken up to heaven' but what the Bible really teaches is: Resurrection for the dead.
We are Not taught to be taken up nor taken away but for Jesus to come ! - Revelation 22:20,2.
Come and execute the wicked, Not remove the righteous - Proverbs 2:22; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
At some point genuine (wheat) Christians will follow the instructions as mentioned at Isaiah 26:20.

Job 2:4-5 explains suffering because Satan Not only challenged Job but challenges all of us.
' Touch our flesh....' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions remained faithful to God proving Satan's challenge to be false.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Covid won't kill the world, it's the societal and the economic collapse that the Covid CAUSES which will be the catalyst for the rest of it............

I find the ' feet of the represented political statue ' as found at Daniel 2:44-45,35 does Not collapse the statue on its own.
Not viral, societal or economic collapse but Jesus as the ' stone ' will bring down all wickedness.
The catalyst, so to speak, will begin when the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I agree we are headed for some turbulence but I do not know when or what form it will be. We can pray to try to mitigate the severity but that is all we an do..............................
I find in the Bible the ' when ' is the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as described at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
I also find the form of the ' turbulence ' is the ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14,9.
No mitigating because ALL of the wicked will be destroyed forever - Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 92:7
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
What we can then do at that time is follow the advice as found at Isaiah 26:20.
For now, we need to learn to be peaceable people - Micah 4:3-4

YoursTrue

I agree we are headed for some turbulence but I do not know when or what form it will be. We can pray to try to mitigate the severity but that is all we an do.

“The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 118-119
So then, since he (Bahaullah) realized the end of this world was near, Jesus said to hold your head up and be in expectation of it. Since it is the time for God's removal of wickedness from the earth, even though a form of trouble for mankind, here is what Jesus said:
Luke 21:28
"But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So then, since he (Bahaullah) realized the end of this world was near, Jesus said to hold your head up and be in expectation of it. Since it is the time for God's removal of wickedness from the earth, even though a form of trouble for mankind, here is what Jesus said:
Luke 21:28
"But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.”
Humanity's deliverance from its afflictions will come at the appointed hour because that is when the Divine Standard will be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise will warble its melody...

The Divine Standard will be unfurled when God exalts His Cause and magnifies His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

Baha'is do not believe that the world will end, but it will go through much turmoil before the evil is no more and the good remains. In the distant future, there will be a a New Race of Man.

“In this age humanity has strayed far from the path of truth, and the call of Bahá’u’lláh to recognize Him as the viceregent of God on earth has fallen on deaf ears. But a careful study of His writings leads us to believe that His Revelation, being the culmination of past Revelations and one which has ushered in the Day of God Himself, will exert such a potent influence upon mankind as a whole that eventually all the peoples of the world will recognize His station of their own free will and embrace His cause of their own volition. And this in turn will bring about, in the distant future, the appearance of a new race of men whose noble character and spiritual virtues we, in this age, are unable to visualize.” (AdibTaherzadeh, The Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh v 3, p. 3)

New Race of Men

YoursTrue

Not even close. The Plagues of the past killed up to a third of the people infected by them, the lack of medicines, hygiene, living conditions, etc.

If we had carried it to the rest of the world it would have killed them as well. In fact Europeans carried diseases with them as they discovered new territories.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03y11QO59gk-4A26UNX73UbTMYU1w:1604268029054&ei=_S-fX83IApKPlwT29LjABA&q=%+of+people+dying+from+covid+19+world+wide&oq=%+of+people+dying+from+covid+19+world+wide&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDoECAAQR1DYlgdY-swHYI3hB2gAcAJ4AIAB4QGIAYYNkgEGMS4xMC4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBsABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiNu_uPrOLsAhWSx4UKHXY6DkgQ4dUDCA0

Even the data is flimsy. A person who tested positive in some countries would be categorised in the Covid Death sector. Even if he died of a heart attack, cancer, old age, etc.

Some people look forward to the entire fulfilment of Jesus' prophecy. Have you ever read Matthew chapters 24 & 25? There he spoke about the end of (these) days. It's an interesting prophecy, because it does not mean the end of life on the earth as some might imagine. It means a wonderful future. But let's be honest: the so-called global warming, the wars, the violence, the greed and destruction of the environment, has brought on by man.