• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The corona and end time plagues

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you would basically say you will be fair, but not keep your word, yet people are to take your word that you are fair, and honest.
Huh? I didn't say anything about others or keeping my word. I have no idea where you got these things from.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Huh? I didn't say anything about others or keeping my word. I have no idea where you got these things from.
Well Shadow, you brought in millions of people suffering... which I didn't mention. So if you are bringing in parts you like, let's be fair and get the full story.
Don't stop now. Let's keep the story rolling.
What's the matter...? It's not looking too good on your side now, is it.

Would you like an update on where you are in the story @Shadow Wolf?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well Shadow, you brought in millions of people suffering... which I didn't mention. So if you are bringing in parts you like, let's be fair and get the full story.
Don't stop now. Let's keep the story rolling.
What's the matter...? It's not looking too good on your side now, is it.

Would you like an update on where you are in the story @Shadow Wolf?
It's came about by linking me to things mentioning the League of Nations and the UN. This does mean--explicitly and inherently--World War 1 and 2 are involved with this design. 1 was horrible. 2 was a living nightmare. Without these wars this prophecy that revolves around the League of Nations and UN cannot happen.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I am not saying that Jesus was not the Son of man, but the rest of what you say about the 144,000 anointed Christian congregation, the "holy ones" will all rule as kings in heaven over the earth has no basis in scripture. Logically speaking, it it was true, all the other Christians who are reading the same scripture would agree with you, but we all know that Christians all disagree on their beliefs, even though they are reading from the same Bible.
First, let's look at it this way: If Jesus spoke to a religious group (namely, the nation of Israel at the time) and they all agreed with him and each other, there would have been no controversy. That is, in part, an answer to your last point there about disagreements. Jesus trained his disciples. They were persecuted by other religious people to a large extent until the population of religious folk were bought by the world for a long period of time. Some of the rest of the answer can be found in scripture. Now we know that Israel had kings, and these kings were sitting in God's place on the throne. They were the rulers. But Jehovah also said that the nation would be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. But there was that little word 'if' there.
Please notice:Exodus 19:5,6. The nation was to be a kingdom of priests (and a holy nation) --
"Now if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, you will be My treasured possession out of all the nations--for the whole earth is mine..And unto me you shall be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to speak to the Israelites.”
So what does that mean? That the entire nation would have been a kingdom of priests (king - ruler) IF, IF, IF, they obeyed Jehovah's voice. Keep in mind kingdom of priests. (and, of course, a holy nation)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It's came about by linking me to things mentioning the League of Nations and the UN. This does mean--explicitly and inherently--World War 1 and 2 are involved with this design. 1 was horrible. 2 was a living nightmare. Without these wars this prophecy that revolves around the League of Nations and UN cannot happen.
From what I read, WWI was pretty bad too. Man's inhumanity to man can be and often is horrible.

nPeace

Veteran Member
We passed that Shadow. No need to go back there. Why have you stepped back so far?
Now I have to remind you where you were going.

I think you should go forward and not backwards.
The story was going this way, God could be unfair to his rival, by going back on his word to allow an even field, because millions of lives are involved. So that's a good reason to cheat his rival of a fair opportunity to play his hand.

Is that not how you are presenting the story?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"Now if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, you will be My treasured possession out of all the nations--for the whole earth is mine..And unto me you shall be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to speak to the Israelites.”
So what does that mean? That the entire nation would have been a kingdom of priests (king - ruler) IF, IF, IF, they obeyed Jehovah's voice. Keep in mind kingdom of priests. (and, of course, a holy nation)
But then we would have to determine what Jesus meant by "obeyed Jehovah's voice." Usually Christians believe they are obedient and often they say other Christians are not obedient, so what is the criteria for knowing who is actually obedient? Jesus is not here to ask.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think you should go forward and not backwards.
I think you should quit shifting things around.
Your god required for the nuclear bomb to be used in war for their to be a UN.
The story was going this way, God could be unfair to his rival, by going back on his word to allow an even field, because millions of lives are involved. So that's a good reason to cheat his rival of a fair opportunity to play his hand.
It's not just millions of lives involved, these necessary wars for your prophecy (that you have still failed to relate to) killed millions.
And I question why anyone should play fair when the stakes are that high.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So do Christians consider the covid to be a Revelation for told end time plagues? If so for those who believe Christians won't suffer in the end times because they will be taken up to heaven first how do you explain Christians suffering from Covid?

I believe Covid-19 does not fit a plague from the book of the Revelation of Jesus. However as a judgment of God it works fine. I believe God can call Christians home but I am one who survived it mainly through prayer.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that is false.
And I believe that the Christian belief about Jesus being the Son of man who will return in the clouds is false, but beliefs are just beliefs. The hundred dollar difference is that the Bible supports my beliefs, and not Christian beliefs, since Jesus never said He was going to return to earth. In fact, Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. Moreover, Jesus said we would see the Son of man in the clouds, He never said "you will see me in the clouds." That is because the Son of man in the clouds was another person.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I think you should quit shifting things around.
Your god required for the nuclear bomb to be used in war for their to be a UN.
Not true. No.

It's not just millions of lives involved, these necessary wars for your prophecy (that you have still failed to relate to) killed millions.
And I question why anyone should play fair when the stakes are that high.
You have succeeded in losing me. I really don't understand what your point is, or what you are trying to say, to be honest.
I was following you earlier, but now I don't understand your argument... except that you seem to be ignoring anything said, and just sticking to what you want to say.
The most I can do in a situation like that is say.... You have a mistaken idea.

nPeace

Veteran Member
And I believe that the Christian belief about Jesus being the Son of man who will return in the clouds is false, but beliefs are just beliefs. The hundred dollar difference is that the Bible supports my beliefs, and not Christian beliefs, since Jesus never said He was going to return to earth. In fact, Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. Moreover, Jesus said we would see the Son of man in the clouds, He never said "you will see me in the clouds." That is because the Son of man in the clouds was another person.
The Bible supports your belief?
Is this the same person that said the Bible has no viewpoint?
I'm eager to hear. Please explain how the Bible supports your belief.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible supports your belief?
Is this the same person that said the Bible has no viewpoint?
I'm eager to hear. Please explain how the Bible supports your belief.
I know you misunderstood what I meant when I said that the Bible has no viewpoint, so now is my opportunity to clear that up.

What I meant is that the 'correct interpretation' of the Bible supports my beliefs rather than Christian beliefs, since Jesus never said He was going to return to earth. In fact, Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. Moreover, Jesus said we would see the Son of man in the clouds, He never said "you will see me in the clouds." That is because the Son of man in the clouds was another person.

I could go on and on, but my point is that it is ALL about interpretation... One incorrect interpretation of a verse leads to a misunderstanding of what the Bible means, and that leads to another misunderstanding about what other verses mean, since verses are all tied together. So for example of you believe that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit that was sent at Pentecost to 'live inside' of Christians, and that was a one time occurrence, then you cannot understand Acts:2:17-21, where it refers to the Spirit being poured out on all flesh in the last days.

Acts 2:17-21And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

By contrast, I can understand and believe that the Holy spirit was sent to the disciples at Pentecost so I am not denying the Bible, but I can also understand and believe that the Holy Spirit was sent again to Baha'u'llah in the last days, and Baha'u'llah all those prophecies were fulfilled by the coming of Baha'u'llah:
(wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come)

Moreover, Baha'u'llah was called the Comforter because He brought the Holy Spirit, which Baha'is believe is the Bounty of God. Jesus was a Comforter because He brought the Bounty of God, and Baha'u'llah was another Comforter.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

nPeace

Veteran Member
No need to repeat your view. I'm interested only in this... What I meant is that the 'correct interpretation' of the Bible supports my beliefs rather than Christian beliefs
I want to use your words exactly as you said them.
Quoting Post #116
See my response.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe that can all change if you get the right people in control.
Technically true, but, that would be a very massive obstacle that just isn't likely to ever be overcome.
For starters, they don't even actually have that much power. Every charter and declaration made by the UN is non-legally binding.