• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Coming One-World Religion

I like to think even if it results in torture I would follow my beliefs.I don't belief you should worship a tyrant.
Yeah, I'm cynical though and consider myself, albeit idealistic to some degree, a "realist" and maybe even a pessimist in some ways, so even though I think "shouldn't" is right, principles can not stand up to realities always, and so one chooses instead the less painful of the poisons, as violence and physical suffering is terrible.

Luckily though, you don't believe in an actual Evil Force controlling all experience and nature, so you don't have to make such a choice anyway and can live a long life by good principles like those you hold.

Meanwhile, in a deep, dark, cavernous apartment, I suck dust from the ground to spare myself the Wrath of the Evil One.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Revelation 13:11‭-‬15 KJV

-2nd Beast/False Prophet is wolf in sheep's clothing
-False Prophet forces everyone to worship Antichrist (political leader)
-Performs false miracles through witchcraft to deceive
-Puts to death all who refuse

1) Would you join a one-world religion that accepts all religions as equal and removes religious exclusivness, if this is the result?

2) If this comes to pass as the Bible prophesies, will it effect your belief in Scripture being true?

3) What are you most likely to do if this occurs in your lifetime?

1) Homogeneous religion will never happen. Humanity is far too instinctively diverse and territorial. We are pack animals and it's all too obvious to dismiss.

2) There's really no such thing as prophecy. One might hit on a few lucky guesses once in a blue moon, but it is never consistent nor completely accurate which is why it will be only ever be lucky guesses and even that comes with some slight modifications to make it fit. It's really a nice odds game people play.

3) Nothing because it simply won't happen.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1) Would you join a one-world religion that accepts all religions as equal and removes religious exclusivness, if this is the result?
If it accepts other religions, then why join this new one? There'd be no need to. Just stick with the one you're currently practicing, since it's considered acceptable.

2) If this comes to pass as the Bible prophesies, will it effect your belief in Scripture being true?
Well, there's lots of problems here. First, what people see being prophesied varies greatly. People have imagined a whole lot of different things about that book over the past 2000 years, so I'm not going to favor your modern notion of it you may have inherited in your particular modern branch of theologies.

Secondly, one can believe scripture is true, while rejecting your interpretation of it. And "true" means many things. While scripture may be true in what it speaks about the human condition, when it comes to the facts of history and science, it may fall short of that. It doesn't need to be "airtight" historically and scientifically, in order for it to have truth spiritually.

No, if it happens that a tyrant comes to power and persecutes religions, then I won't see that as confirmation that this was specifically foreseen miraculously. It's a common thing that happen in human history. Revelation was written about the Roman Empire in the 1st century. History simply repeats itself. I'd see it as us getting to go through what they did, and wrote about in that book at that time.

If Donald Trump becomes the Orange Antichrist, (or maybe his pasty VP will be, hard to tell ;) ), or some other Tyrant to come, what I'll do is try to survive it, just like all the countless generations of other humans have had to do with a Despot takes power away from the people.

Terry Sampson

#1. No, I refuse to become a Baha'i.
#2. Well, yeah. I guess I'd pretty much have to change my opinion about the Book of Revelation.
#3. Not much. I'd be on death row or dead.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Modern soothsayers only began to raise concerns about this after the telegraph was invented and the diplomats started hoping for an end to war. Its not a legitimate concern to me.

Bird123

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Should not one seek Truth above all else? I have found no religion that really understands God. Even if they all come together, they will not have the Truth.

Since everybody wants to rule the world, this new religion will look much like American politics today. Everyone will be fighting, scrapping for power and pointing fingers of blame all around. Is this really mankind advancing??? I think not!!

This is what is going to actually happen: As mankind acquires more and more wisdom, the blind accepting will slowly fall by the wayside in favor of Discovered Truth. In time, religions will become obsolete. Science will Discover God given enough time. The closer that is to happening: the better things are going to get.

People have been preaching doom and gloom since the beginning of time. We are all still here with our numbers increasing regardless of what happens. This isn't a sign of the end of the world. It is a sign of us all doing something right and we can always work at making things better.

Forget the doom and gloom. It only gets better from here.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

PureX

Veteran Member
There will never be a single world religion until there is only one human left living on it.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

1. No.
2. No
3. moot point, it won't happen.

74x12

No, it's already in the works but don't expect it to happen as you think. Satan is an evil genius.
I already believe the Bible.
Not sure.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

No

No, not all of it

Fight against it in whatever way I was able to.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Your analysis of what the passage means is tenuous. You are reading in your own ideas in what is a wooly series of sentences.
1) No. Hindu me for life.
2) No. As I don't believe the passage means what you say it means.
3) Arch my eyebrows maybe?

Emsy

I don't think any of this would change anything regarding the way I live my life.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

1. No.
2. No, because you can make Revelation say whatever you want it to say.
3. Keep doing my own thing.

Riders

I do not see anything in that scripture which says all religions will live in peace or be one religion. Can you tell me where it says all religions will be one? Jesus himself talked about being at peace.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

No, it's the Tower of Babel story all over again.

No, no writings should be beyond questioning.

There is not enough specific information available to form any meaningful answer as how I might change what I'm doing right now.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It won't... but if it does I'll abstain
That will be unfortunate and continuation of a false belief which should have been exposed with Zoroaster's body or buried with that of Akhenaten - the belief in One God.

Wandering Monk

Funny thread. If anything, people in the West are LOSING their religions. What makes you think that suddenly this is all going to change? Cause you are stuck in a first century paradigm maybe?