• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Coming One-World Religion

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Revelation 13:11‭-‬15 KJV

-2nd Beast/False Prophet is wolf in sheep's clothing
-False Prophet forces everyone to worship Antichrist (political leader)
-Performs false miracles through witchcraft to deceive
-Puts to death all who refuse

1) Would you join a one-world religion that accepts all religions as equal and removes religious exclusivness, if this is the result?

2) If this comes to pass as the Bible prophesies, will it effect your belief in Scripture being true?

3) What are you most likely to do if this occurs in your lifetime?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

1) Would you join a one-world religion that accepts all religions as equal and removes religious exclusivness, if this is the result?

2) If this comes to pass as the Bible prophesies, will it effect your belief in Scripture being true?

1: Every spiritual path or Religion holds their part of the truth, So I do not see a problem with others believing differently then I do.

2: I already believe the Bible holds the true teaching of Jesus, I have just chosen to follow another path that also holds true teaching. It does not affect me in my current cultivation path that others also hold their truth in their teaching.

3: I will do as I already do, continue to cultivate Falun Gong :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

1.no
2.I would think it to be true-but I would think God a tyrant
3. I would go to hell rather than serve God

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Doubtful.

Personally it's not at all clear to me that this is actually what the passage cited prophesies. Revelation is a highly symbolic book derived from a vision.

Continue advocating for critical thinking and religious pluralism.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

1) No

2) Hindu scripture? Probably not.

3) Order a pizza.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

No

No

Wait two weeks until the first denomination splits off so I can SMH...

1.no
2.I would think it to be true-but I would think God a tyrant
3. I would go to hell rather than serve God
Ooo, tough guy! I think one might only say that if they thought the chances of hell being real were low, the chances of hell being cartoony and tolerable if it exists were high.

Yet, few tough guys would be so tough about tyranny if the option was eternal suffering in a fire or not, anyone faced with such a choice will likely get over the "tyranny" issue pretty fast, and do what they need to do to survive and not go into that perpetual hell state.

Just like Nature itself is tyrannical, yet I don't see many people protesting it, they just do what they feel they have to.

Reality trumps Morality. Whatever is Worst is Best to Avoid.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do not try to con me. This is only a farce and a ploy. Bahais are trying that angle. Are you thinking to start one? I would not fall for it. And what is written in Torah (Tanakh to be correct, I suppose), Bible and Quran has no value for me. No belief suits me better than what I have today.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
What about non-believers?

There is more truth in Harry Potter

It won't... but if it does I'll abstain

VoidCat

Ooo, tough guy! I think one might only say that if they thought the chances of hell being real were low, the chances of hell being cartoony and tolerable if it exists were high.

Yet, few tough guys would be so tough about tyranny if the option was eternal suffering in a fire or not, anyone faced with such a choice will likely get over the "tyranny" issue pretty fast, and do what they need to do to survive and not go into that perpetual hell state.

Just like Nature itself is tyrannical, yet I don't see many people protesting it, they just do what they feel they have to.

Reality trumps Morality. Whatever is Worst is Best to Avoid.
You can tell I'm not a christian! But when I was my interpretation of hell was that it's separation from God. I already feel separated from God so it's not much of a change

You can tell I'm not a christian! But when I was my interpretation of hell was that it's separation from God. I already feel separated from God so it's not much of a change
Oh, I was thinking of like if some fat bloated demon monster put a gun to my head and said enter a fire and you will feel pain over and over and over forever or bow to me and I'll give you candy, I'll be like, "I'll do the bowing and how about a back rub as well Master?" that is because I'm a "bertch", which is why I eat food and defecate too, I could just starve myself and stop pooping but, I don't think death will necessarily save me from the Monster, so a grovel and writhe in what I imagine is the Brutal Reality of a Hideous Nature which seems undeniable to me.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

No only because...

The bible prophecies, teachings, and purpose based on these teachings are not something that's in my heart I would want to believe. It would tear up who I am and make the definition of peace someone else's not my own.

Biblical foundation of peace? I'd reject it. Of course, it depends on whether peaceful christ religions would deam consequence for rejection. If so, it probably be by force or like many many people who don't want to die by christian views they die by death.

Hopefully, it won't be the same if this comes to pass. I do think a lot of people would be more happy not being under someone else's definition of peace: when a rainbow comes together, it becomes one color-white.

VoidCat

Oh, I was thinking of like if some fat bloated demon monster put a gun to my head and said enter a fire and you will feel pain over and over and over forever or bow to me and I'll give you candy, I'll be like, "I'll do the bowing and how about a back rub as well Master?" that is because I'm a "bertch", which is why I eat food and defecate too, I could just starve myself and stop pooping but, I don't think death will necessarily save me from the Monster, so a grovel and writhe in what I imagine is the Brutal Reality of a Hideous Nature which seems undeniable to me.
I like to think even if it results in torture I would follow my beliefs.I don't belief you should worship a tyrant.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I only follow my own One World Religion that I do even now, in open or in secret, as necessary.

41t6uy.jpg

Mindmaster

Premium Member

What exactly does the panic related to covid-19 mean to you?

A bunch of state governors holding most of us hostage at the behest of overweight middle-aged Karens for the public good using that as justification to "contact trace invade" our entire lives, get droned, and whatever. It's the beast you should be fearing... Fear the "up do"!

The Devil just wants you to get naked with people and party! :smilingimp:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I don't follow an external religion, but to me, all religions are paths to God and none is exclusive.

Those prophecies are not literal but symbolic. Even the Bible says that it's not to be interpreted literally ("the letter killeth...")

It is occurring now but not in the literal way that some interpret the Bible and other religion's scriptures.