• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, what does everyone do?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Don't do that... Frogs are people too.
emot-care.gif

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
LOL! There is a light around here that KNOWS when I am comming, turns red on me EVERY time, and I never get the arrow to turn left. Do you guys do that on purpose, or what!?
I might get in trouble for telling you this, but here's the real scoop on that:

If you look around any signalized intersection, you'll probably see what looks like a cabinet bolted to a concrete pad.

Most people assume that this is for the signal controller, and they're partly correct - the controller is in that cabinet. However, technology has come a long way in recent years and the controller equipment has become much, much smaller.

This has meant that in many cities, there's enough room for a midget to hide in the cabinet. So, if you annoy a traffic engineer too much, he'll have you followed to figure out the way you go to work every day and then hire a midget to hide in the cabinet during your commuting time. The midget will watch through the holes in the cabinet and manually turn the light red when he sees you coming.

You know those big tents that field technicians use? People assume they're to shelter the techician from wind and rain, but they're really to provide cover so people don't see him loading and unloading the midget from the cabinet.

So, short version: you must have ticked off a traffic engineer. :D

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Yup. And they even have really good binoculars, so you can't just switch cars to avoid your punishment.

This must be why there is no unemployment problem amongst midgets these days.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I just got a mental image of you sucking on a baby bottle for hours on end, occasionally shouting "no scurvy yet!" to a guy with a clipboard.

:D
Thank you for that, 9-10ths_Penguin. Now if you will forgive me, I have to go find some paper towel to wipe the coffee off my monitor.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm a child care professional, maid, accountant, personal shopper, chef and short-order cook, laundromat worker, and mediator. In other words, I'm a stay-at-home-mom.

Morse

To Extinguish
Yay for being like, the only high school kid here...

H***, I still get to be immature (I actually get to be immature until I die, I'm going to be an Engineer)!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Update:

I'm a special ed supervisor and university student who aspires to be a physics (or/and social studies) teacher. Whichever I get hired for.

And aspiring novelist, but good luck with that, eh.

Last edited:

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
I am a full time digital photoretoucher, working in Photoshop for advertising and fashion magazines. I also am a qualified reiki healer. And a Mommy :)

Mr Cheese

I work in a bank...behind the scenes...

preventing my 'superiors' from comitting MORE billion dollar fraud

Smoke

Done here.
I'm unemployed! I was a cosmetology teacher, but I had enough of my employer's crap and quit. I hate looking for a job, so I've been stalling about that.

I love being unemployed, but the pay sucks -- especially if you aren't drawing unemployment. I'm enjoying it while I can.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'm unemployed! I was a cosmetology teacher, but I had enough of my employer's crap and quit. I hate looking for a job, so I've been stalling about that.
Awww, that stinks. :( Do you have enough clientele to start your own business? Or, are you tired of women and their whining and would rather stick poison darts in your eyes instead of doing hair?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm a landlord, primarily commercial, with some residential.
I'm also a recovering engineer, which is good background for my new endeavor - starting a museum of manufacturing technology.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Its a hat full.

Mainly
Electro/Mechanical technician

Secondary
Software Support and repair
Network support and repair

Terciary
Trainer