• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, what does everyone do?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Well, I figured that we may as well cut the ribbon for our new subforum. :)

What does everyone do or a living?

At the moment, I am just a student, but I am working towards a career in business, and more specifically I am training to be a Bridal Consultant (or, wedding planner, whichever you like better). My husband works for a beer importer/distributor and that is where our current income is from.

JumboShrimp

im a full time student!

But when i grow up i hope to be an athlete, or i would like to do some kind managing for a business or start my own

PetShopBoy88

I'm a student. I haven't desided what I'm going to do yet, but I'm thinking something with video production or sound production.

Hope

Princesinha
I'm a nanny.....for now.

I'm working towards moving to Brazil, getting a position either teaching English, or working with street kids. That's where my heart is.

gnomon

Department Manager in a bookstore.

I only wish my job was like it is portrayed in You've Got Mail.:( It truly feels more like the old Barnes & Noble skit from Saturday Night Live. Not very exciting but it keeps me busy.

When I grow up I hope to be retired.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Right now I am a stay-at-home mom. The pay isn't the best, but the benefits package is great. ;)

Free4all

It's all about the blood
I re-upholster furniture and manufacture interior plantation shutters. keeps me busy.

Zephyr

Moved on
I'm a lifeguard at an organization who wishes not to be named but is a Christian recreational facility represented by a four letter acronym starting with the letter after X. It sucks, but at least my coworkers and bosses are really cool. Soon though I'll be heading over to Pullman to go to WSU and be a regular old student again. Then hopefully afterwords I'll be able to find a job as a music teacher.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I'm a New York State Thruway Toll Collector at Saugerties and I work the midnight shift which essentially relates to retirement.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I work at the Dollar General distribution center in Marion, IN.
So, go shop at Dollar General, save money, and help me out by making have more work to do. I take that back. Don't shop thier. They over work us as it is. If you do shop thier, PLEASE don't buy any water. I would (as do most people in my department) love to see the amount of water that goes out every night decrease.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I'm a software and database designer/developer (mostly I do DBs but I still code a fair amount of C++ and do some web development) working for a company producing VoIP solutions for business. I'd rather be a primary school teacher (I don't find this job all that thrilling) but this pays the bills a lot better than retraining would.

James

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm a dancer/dance instructor/choreographer/entertainer. The last couple of years has had me more involved with musicals than modern dance - which is my specialty. The pay up until this year has been squat...........so persistence is vital if one wants to make a career out of the performance arts.

Doing musicals has kind of wedged it's way into my heart, though, so I'll see how far this line of work goes. I've really enjoyed blending my vocal talent with my dancing. I hadn't thought I could act until I actually made my first featured role last year in A Chorus Line. My confidence has grown now (watch out LOL).

My husband has one heck of a job in a laboratory in St. Louis, MO. I say this because I didn't know just how great of a company he works for until the company's Christmas party when I was able to meet his boss and his peers. But then, maybe it was because they all were drunk as a skunk and were enjoying my karaoke renditions of Olivia Newton-John. :p

Anyway, Steve's income is where our bread and butter money comes from. We're planning on shifting the division of labor in ten years or so for me to open, own, and operate a local dance studio and then he can retire or work part-time by the time he's 55.

Peace,
Mystic

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am retired; I was a Banker for nigh on 25 years......I was involved in virtually every single aspect of Banking, from handwriting accounts (true, when I started, we used to hand write transactions in great big ledgers), to managing a small Branch.

If anyone needs advice re budgeting or general advice about what to do if debts are getting out of hand, I am quite prepared to advise, in whatever way I can.

FatMan

By day, I'm a mild-mannered developer of medical devices and wound care products.

By night, I'm a comedy writer and comedian. I hope the night shift becomes the day shift at some point, but that probably means moving to NYC or LA, so perhaps not.

Damn family responsibilities;)

BrandonE

King of Parentheses
I'm a chemical engineer in a plant that refines and modifies the oils that are released from pine trees when they are pulped for paper. I manage small improvement projects in the facility, assist and facilitate maintenance activities in whatever way I can, and work to find ways to improve process performance (efficiency, output, waste reduction). I really enjoy my work here.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
i'm an ulpan talmid and i work in the Refet (the dairy farm) on a kibbutz. It's really a satisfying job, honestly.

GoldenDragon

I'm a college student yet to find a major, as of now i have a very temporary job at a hellish fastfood joint ,who shall remain nameless. I'm gonna look for a new job in the summer.