• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual harrassment in the Obama administration

Akivah

Justice Dept. watchdog criticizes past handling of sexual harassment allegations - CNNPolitics

The Justice Department Inspector General has found "potential systemic issues" in how the department handles sexual harassment and misconduct allegations across its components, according to a memo he wrote in May to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein after reviewing the handling of cases that primarily occurred in years past. The inspector general's office said it published summaries of 19 "substantiated allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct" that occurred from fiscal year 2012 through fiscal year 2016.

Justice department spokesman Ian Prior said "the department was very disappointed with the issues that occurred in the Obama administration and strives for a workplace free of harassment and other misconduct for all of our 115,000 employees."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let me just issue a word of caution about blindly believing any such charges coming out of the Groper-In-Chief's administration right now as it's abundantly clear they're on a vendetta against Obama, Hillary, the FBI, etc. And isn't it just total absurdity that this administration is engaging on this while the Congressional Republicans are not allowing an investigation of allegations against the Groper-In-Chief himself?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Let me just issue a word of caution about blindly believing any such charges coming out of the Groper-In-Chief's administration right now as it's abundantly clear they're on a vendetta against Obama, Hillary, the FBI, etc. And isn't it just total absurdity that this administration is engaging on this while the Congressional Republicans are not allowing an investigation of allegations against the Groper-In-Chief himself?

Why, I bet Obama didn't even get his feet wet when he walked across the water. Who would dare accuse him of anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A vast right wing conspiracy?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Yep, it is just the "Tu quoque" argument brought up again. No one has claimed that everything was perfect under the Obama admin. There of course were still problems. Some of them probably could have been handled better. But we now have a president that not only admitted his prior bad acts, he bragged about them more than once. His only defense is a smokescreen at this point in time.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Shouldn't he be? He was the one in charge.
Eh, that is not how it works. If it did, any misconduct in any government office could be traced back. The buck stops at the individual directly responsible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Eh, that is not how it works. If it did, any misconduct in any government office could be traced back. The buck stops at the individual directly responsible.
I suspect that our friend was making a humorous reference to the tendency
of some to blame Pub presidents for bad things which happen on their watch.
The tipoff....that mischievous smirk on his face.

Last edited:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I suspect that our friend was making a humorous reference to the tendency
of some to blame Repub presidents for things which happen on their watch.
The tipoff....that mischievous smirk on his face.
He's tough to read!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yep, it is just the "Tu quoque" argument brought up again. No one has claimed that everything was perfect under the Obama admin. There of course were still problems. Some of them probably could have been handled better. But we now have a president that not only admitted his prior bad acts, he bragged about them more than once. His only defense is a smokescreen at this point in time.
My guess is that it was all handled fairly well given the expectations at the time. In our new era of hyper-whatever we seem to forget that things were different before we all went ballistic.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My guess is that it was all handle fairly well given the expectations at the time. In our new era of hyper-whatever we seem to forget that things were different before we all went ballistic.

Yes, right now there is a bit of an over-reaction. That does not make the true creeps innocent, but it is getting to the point where one can almost not even look at a woman. Part of the reaction is due to our current Groper in Chief. Trump made bad actions obvious to all. Sadly he is yet immune to the storm that he caused by a large part.