• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Same Sex Couple Adopting

idav

Being
Premium Member
Ok, I have figured out why conservatives don't want same sex couples adopting, or even single LGBT persons adopting. It isn't religion, or morals, or any of those tired old excuses. Conservatives just know that LGBT folks are generally liberal and if they raise children in a liberal household they will most likely become liberal too. So they make sure as few liberals as possible are able to adopt.

Its a conservative conspiracy I tell you!

They don't want them turning our kids into liberals. That does make a lot of sense. More specifically they don't want the kids to turn into immoral, smoking, drinking, bisexual, donkey show viewing heathens.

Draka

Wonder Woman

I sincerely hope you really don't expect us to take these "studies" seriously. The first being authored by a "psychiatrist" who believes in treatment therapy to "cure" gays, and the second by a known hate group. :rolleyes: Sorry, but I check sources first before I bother with tripe. Saves time and lots of eye rolling.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

You keep saying that studies show, but then do not link to any actual studies, just opinion pieces making all manner of claims with absolutely nothing but more opinion and empty claims for support.

When are you going to link to an actual study?

Oh, and you might want to never link to that big steaming pile of propaganda that is your second link again. Using known hate groups hate propaganda might cause your own credibility to take a serious blow.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yes, studies do show a link between sexual abuse and homosexuality.
In case you have not figured it out, and your posts are a strong indication that you have not, you will need to provide an actual study, not the same old choir preaching bull **** you have been linking to.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Oh, and you might want to never link to that big steaming pile of propaganda that is your second link again. Using known hate groups hate propaganda might cause your own credibility to take a serious blow.

He has credibility?! 0_0

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
There are so many children that need loving homes that it is kind of stupid to deny them just because of discrimination.

Wirey

Fartist
I'm warning you! If gay people get babies, they'll raise them to be gay! And when those new gay people have babies, they'll grow up and vote for reality TV shows! If Simon Cowell has to look at 653 Barbara Streisands and 271 Liza Minellis, there'll be heck to pay! Heck, I tells ya!

The Neo Nerd

I'm warning you! If gay people get babies, they'll raise them to be gay! And when those new gay people have babies, they'll grow up and vote for reality TV shows!

Ohhhh the humanity!!!!!!!!!

Won't someone PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE think of the children.

Alceste

Vagabond
What is it with right wing whack jobs calling every blog post, op ed, pamphlet and sermon that supports their point of view a "study"? If I scribble "homos rape kids" in feces on my bathroom mirror, would that qualify as a "study" too?

Dingbat

What is it with right wing whack jobs calling every blog post, op ed, pamphlet and sermon that supports their point of view a "study"? If I scribble "homos rape kids" in feces on my bathroom mirror, would that qualify as a "study" too?

Did you get it peer reviewed by the other crack addicts? If so then yes it would be.

Einstimer

I honestly don't see a problem with this. One of my best friends from graduate school was raised by two moms. Another close friend was raised by two fathers.