• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random questions about girls (feel free to post your own questions in the thread too)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Now those reasons actually make sense. See how much easier that is than starting a flame war on sexism?
Kid, if you think this is flaming, you've never been flamed.

Sure it's not my decision. No need to be rude about it, if you're really so convinced that it's not my decision, why don't you just go ahead and get an abortion anyway and forget my morals? I'm only telling you why I think abortion is wrong, it's not like I can stop you from doing what you want.
Because abortions are davastating, genius. You seem to think that it's all tra-la-la.

Once again, I never said that children were supposed to be a punishment,
Liar:
If children aren't punishment,
There's also all the references you made to the women "needing to learn a lesson."

but apparently they are a punishment to the woman getting the abortion.
No, they're not.

I could just as easily say you're a terrible person, because besides me being different on the political spectrum, you have no reason to think that I'm a terrible person.
Wrong again. I have what you say.

You should be ashamed of yourself for being a bigotted, "liberal," troll/flamer (yes, I know that doesn't make sense. Guess what, it makes just as much sense when you say things like that to me.).
Pathetic.

blackout

Violet.
I didn't say "all", I said "almost all". Sure, there are exceptions, and it also depends on the parents, but still the vast majority of home-schooled kids lack social skills.

The vast majority of school kids lack social skills.

So I guess it's all even.

The vast majority of kids lack social skills.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Just saw this.
EDIT: Er, why do you think I'm sexist, if not for my views on abortion?
Because of your attitude toward women, and how you think relationships are supposed to work. Which, btw, is probably more unhealthy for you than anyone else. Since you want specific examples:

1) The fact that it would even occur to you to ask when a woman's period is so that you can predict her mood. Guess what, even if she'd tell you, it wouldn't help. If a woman gets mad at you, chances are it's something you did, not her hormones.

2) Your assumption that she HAS to stay home and you HAVE to be the provider.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
**MOD ADVISORY**

We have re-opened the thread. Please guys, refrain from posting personal attacks and stay on topic.

Thank you.

Erebus

Ok, I'll do my best to answer these despite being male and therefore highly likely wrong about most of this ;) I'm also answering this without having read anybody else's answers (I don't cheat you see :cool:).

Oh, also having read some of the questions I think it would help to say that I'm 19, so I'm not looking at relationships as being a precursor to marriage. I don't know how old you are and therefore I'm not sure how valid this will be for you... but what the heck? here goes.

Is there a way I can stop having a crush on a girl besides transfering the crush to another girl?
Yep, distract yourself with day to day life and spend time with friends. If all else fails, drink... lots

Is it normal to have a back-up crush in case your crush rejects you?
It's normal to like several girls yes. Don't have a "backup" though as this is just going to make your back up feel like second best. Decide who you like the most and see where things go.

When you ask a girl out, do you use words like "date" and "girlfriend," or do you pretend you're just friends until the girl starts to call you her boyfriend?
I avoid it, but then that's probably just personal preference. I usually just say I'd like to meet up sometime or something to that effect and see where the mood takes us.

Do you directly ask a girl if it's ok to touch her in a certain spot, or is there some sort of code language women use to tell you those kinds of things?
This is a difficult one and it really depends on the girl in question. Most will consider such a question to be a bit creepy and might back away. A lot of girls will let you know that they want to be touched in certain places anyway. Sex and foreplay tend to be pretty spontaneous and it's best just to go with the flow.

Does the woman always pick where to have the date, or does the person asking for the date pick where to go?
Don't pick dates. Make suggestions and see what they prefer, you need to find that fine line between being overly demanding and overly submissive.

Does a date have to be something passive like eating or watching a movie, or are you allowed to actually do something fun on a date?
A date should always be fun! Go to the cinema if there's something good on, but don't be afraid to try something different. The most fun I ever had on a date was going to blackpool pleasure beach for a day and going on the largest rides we could possibly find.

Would a girl be creeped out if you asked her when her period was so you could mark it on your calendar in order to predict her hormone levels (which would of course influence her mood)?
Don't go there.

When you ask a girl out, do you say something along the lines of "will you go out with me?" or do you ask her if she wants to hang out at a certain place without using the word "date" or "go out"?
I usually say something to the effect of "Do you fancy meeting up sometime?" this suits me quite well as I don't want to come across as being too rigid. My life motto could probably be summed up as "relax... take it easy".

Do I need jewelry on hand in order to ask a girl out, just like I would if I was asking her to marry me, or does jewelry only come later (I already had a little jewelry prepared for the purpose in case I ever got lucky)?
No jewelry is needed, just a bit of confidence and friendliness

Do girls enjoy cuddling and kissing, or do they just do it because they know the boy likes it?
Girls love to be caressed and loved but not smothered, kiss and cuddle by all means but remember that not everybody likes a tongue down their throat on a first date. Again, you need to get to know a girl before you can know exactly how far you should go.

Am I required to pay for the girl's food on a day to day basis (just like a husband would), or do I just pay for the dates and gifts?
I always offer to pay for her meal on a date, but be aware that some girls can feel uncomfortable having everything paid for, so never be too pushy about it. Paying for day to day food would indicate that you're living together anyway and I can't help you here as I've never bought a place with a girlfriend.

Would a girl rather have a nice guy with lots of spare time (and money) to be head over heels for them, or would they rather date a guy who had a life and wasn't obsessed with them?
There's nothing less attractive than obsession. Just be yourself.

Is a girl considered to be a guy's "girlfriend" on the first date, some later date, or whenever she says she is?
I've met girls, talked to them, arranged dates and still no relationship takes off. Sometimes a relationship just doesn't happen even if you go on a few dates. Don't worry about terminology, just enjoy whatever time you spend with them.

After a date, does the girl expect you to drive her home? I can't drive and I don't have a car...
Then you'll have difficulty driving her home... Always offer to take a girl home in whatever way you can manage, you can't just leave her stranded! A car isn't compulsory though it does help.

Is it ok to date an average-looking but friendly girl you like, or will a relationship collapse if I don't view the girl as the epitome of beauty?
I've always been somewhat repulsed by physical "perfection", I'd much rather be with somebody I feel comfortable with.

How early should I plan out my sex life, that is, to make sure the girl has about the same sex drive as me, make sure that she has good genes, and that she would even be willing to have sex once married in the first place, decide how many kids we want to have, etc? When do I decide those kinds of things? Before I ask the girl out? After the first date?
About 6 years after the first date... Most girls aren't looking for a life partner, they just want somebody they can have fun with and who they enjoy being around. Marriage comes later... Much later.
Do most girls understand that dating is preparation for marriage, and therefore the boy views their girlfriend as their future wife? Or do they just think dating is a fun, temporary thing (I've seen people who actually think that, believe it or not)?
I'm going with fun and temporary and I tend to attract girls who think likewise. Companionship is a beautiful thing and it should stay fresh and fun, not simply be a preparation for marriage.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Possibly a wee bit harsh, although now that you mention it my boyfriend can't understand the difference between yellow based and blue based reds :eek:

Perhaps you are describing the difference wrong. Try describing blue based reds as tending towards finer grades of oil in their coloration, and yellow based reds as tending towards gasoline in their coloration.