• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

racism

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Race is a largely arbitrary distinction, the human race is less diverse genetically than is a single family of chimps. So not only is no race superior to any other, we are all so closely related that distinctions between races are superficial at best.

arthra

Baha'i
is any race superior to another?
ongoing racial tension make people think that society will never be delivered from racial prejudice.

There have certainly been movements and organizations promoting racist ideas...

To me racism is also close to nationalism... promoting a given nation as superior to other nations.

A view of the oneness of humanity and a world perspective is most needed today! :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

There is no such thing as race within the human species. There is no genetic marker for race. Race is a social construct, not biological. If you look at the genomes of a caucasian and an east African, there is no difference. Only the expression on certain combinations of genes and their alleles make these two people appear differently.

ongoing racial tension make people think that society will never be delivered from racial prejudice.

Racism and racial tension will persist as long as people persist in their belief in race, and are ignorant of the biology (or lack thereof) of it.

Knight of Albion

We are all brothers and sisters no matter what colour we are.

In the final analysis, it is only the heart and soul of a person that counts.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
No.

Unfortunately, I don't think it ever will. Humans are tribal. It is "us" versus "them".
The best we can hope for is expanding our tribes so it is not according to race.
But, I live in a diverse and poor area. I have seen how quick and easy it is for racism to spread, and how easy racism can grow and foster. I have seen how people play off majority vs minority and vice-versa to further their own agenda.

And unfortunately, in many circumstances, all it seems to take is one bad experience with someone from another group to turn someone against that race; it can't be one person at fault, it's because that person is not them.

Sucks.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

As an anthropologist, we really don't use that term in the human context as there simply not significant enough differences to warrant using it.

Eventually, we will become like Brazil whereas the "races" will intermarry to the point whereas it becomes commonplace. In my lifetime, I've seen significant changes, but not everyone changes at the same time and in the same direction.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Race is a fictitious term used for supposed differences between humans. All other species use Breeds as the proper category. There are no different breeds of humans.

Race as a term for humans should be stricken from the dictionary.

If you don't believe me Google "Dog race" or "Horse race" your going to be able to make bets not see different breeds.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The first sin committed was being racist.
If you mean the story of Satan and Adam(pbuh) ?

I do agree :)

the first sin committed was being racist , so we "the Muslims" believe Satan call for racist and evil .

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Certain ethnic sub-groups of a race display clear superiority regarding particular abilities or traits. For example, the vast majority of championship long-distance runners come from Kenya, and the vast majority of them come from a small ethnic minority of about 4 million people. The western obsession with painting all differences as cultural or behavioral (e.g., they are great runners because they run everywhere) turns out to be false in this case (e.g., most Kenyan running champions reported having walked or rode the bus to school every day), as it has been found that people from this group have an actual physical advantage for running which is genetic.

Here's an article on this subject: Why Kenyans Make Such Great Runners: A Story of Genes and Cultures - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

Broadly speaking, people in the west are so culturally indoctrinated with the idea that certain ideas are too politically incorrect to even be acknowledged or discussed, that asking questions regarding race will invariably result in pretty predictable and useless non-answers.

Sultan Of Swing

Certain ethnic sub-groups of a race display clear superiority regarding particular abilities or traits. For example, the vast majority of championship long-distance runners come from Kenya, and the vast majority of them come from a small ethnic minority of about 4 million people. The western obsession with painting all differences as cultural or behavioral (e.g., they are great runners because they run everywhere) turns out to be false in this case (e.g., most Kenyan running champions reported having walked or rode the bus to school every day), as it has been found that people from this group have an actual physical advantage for running which is genetic.

Here's an article on this subject: Why Kenyans Make Such Great Runners: A Story of Genes and Cultures - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

Broadly speaking, people in the west are so culturally indoctrinated with the idea that certain ideas are too politically incorrect to even be acknowledged or discussed, that asking questions regarding race will invariably result in pretty predictable and useless non-answers.
Oh yeah many Africans have that special muscle thing that helps them run faster. I remember... can't remember the specifics... but still, I remember. :yes:

Still, race is quite the social construct, it isn't based on much in a genetic sense. I've heard there should be a lot more ethnic groups lugged in with Europeans from a genetic standpoint, but it would violate the whole necessity to be "white", and so the borders become rather arbitrary.

Last edited:

Sabour

Sin: Disobeying God

7:11-12-13

And We have certainly created you, [O Mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated.

[ Allah ] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."

[ Allah ] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased.