• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Provide me a one single benefit of going on moon ?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
But that would only be feasible if there were natural resources in which the outpost could somehow and some ways refuel, resupply, repair and manufacture parts.

It would be slow at first. But once established it's just a matter of sending unmanned rockets with that carry fuel reserves etc to be stored on the moon for future use. Unless we develop a more efficient means of propulsion that is. But I am just stating what it would take with current tech.

Colonizing Mars is a better bet than colonizing the moon...but only marginally so.

Yes but as it stands colonizing the moon is the first step to colonizing Mars. That or wait another 50 years for more advanced technology that may or may not developed.

All that being said, I am not a supporter of colonization at all. Just explaining what it would take IF we decided to do it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I'd rather not give up exploring the universe until social ills are cured.

It is inhumane to ignore those problems when they have a solution. Imagine if the strategies put into practice in Austin Tx were to be implemented everywhere? I saw one man interviewed who said that before he was given a place in this facility, he had given up caring about himself, but when others started to care about him as part of their community, he started to care about himself and others. Its like a little commune, where everyone works in the garden so as to provide food for all of them. They have volunteers who help with work skills so that these can even get a job. The only criteria for staying in the park is to pay your rent on time. Those who value their placement off the streets will move heaven and earth not to go back to what they had before....which was nothing....no life, no joy, no hope.

It's a relatively small cost, & the benefits are great for the many who enjoy the knowledge.

Its a large cost for the enjoyment of the elite few IMO. What will space exploration do for someone who is uneducated, homeless and hungry? Social ills just multiply when you ignore their cause and if you only throw money at people and expect them to get on with it....it might feed them for a while but it is only a hand-out, when all they need is a hand up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is inhumane to ignore those problems when they have a solution.
Exploring space doesn't mean ignoring social ills.
It's just that not every dollar goes to their mitigation.
Moreover, even if we gave up all scientific inquiry,
poverty, war, & disease would continue unabated.
Its a large cost for the enjoyment of the elite few IMO.
It's the opposite of an elite few....everyone gets to know more about
their universe, ie, to be embiggened by knowing of marvelous new
discoveries & observations, eg, dark matter, dark energy, gravity
waves, alien worlds, black holes, perhaps some day even alien life.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not much but I know what I like, just making a goats cheese and epinard quiche... I like goats cheese but never tried moon cheese
food-drink-moon-cheese-swiss_cheese-chedders-feta_cheese-rde4577_low.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why, we can create an atheists' haven on the Moon! This is where their geography can best match the bleakness of their spiritual landscape.

Nah, it would be more comfortable as a christian heaven, cold, bleak and closer to your god.

Shad

Veteran Member
There's a huge difference between Kennedy's vision and Trump's whim. I suspect he wants to go to the moon because he was told someone else will monopolize it first.

This idea existed during Kennedy's time although it was far more about the military than commercial. A lot of issues were addressed in the Outer Space treaty (real name). US policy, under Obama, Bush and Trump, have been rejecting a number of proposed UN treaties on military grounds.