• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Premium memberships showing ads

Curious George

Veteran Member
You should realize if they decide to do that it isn't an obligation, it's an act of charity.
That is likely not true. It would end up depending on the state law that governs. But, it is very likely that there is an obligation. That said, people that get hung up on the principal should read @Stevicus thread on the inflexibility of the law.

Another way of looking at it, is to note that the previous owners have a responsibility to make the people whole as well.

i agree with your assessment that this is likely just a consequence of the software change, and there has been no indication that the new owners(who are they btw?) will likely remedy the situation eventually. That said, we are not talking about any level of money (either the cost of the membership or the ad revenue) that would make doing so a priority. I think that individuals should recognize that and calm down.

Curious George

Veteran Member
No point in gossiping about people who aren't here to defend themselves over and about what's relevant to the discussion we're having right now.
Yeah, I figured that would be your response. I also imagine any actual discussion would violate multiple rules.

Just remarking to n the little peek behind the curtain. And besides, I am sure my imagination is much more fun than any real drama.

Cheers

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
And of course the only explanation for that is that the owners have questionable principles.

Because, again, we all know there's no such thing as software glitches, disturbances during upgrades, etc.

The only possible explanation is eeeevil.

And even if it winds up staying that way for you: as I explained earlier if you bought your premium membership from the previous owners, IMO the current owners don't owe you anything.

I'm sure you have a different opinion but I'm sure your opinion is based on something other than your sense of fairness.

Now also as I explained (because what's more fun than explaining things to people with their fingers in their ears going "la la I'm not listening"?), for all we know the current owners may be planning on letting you keep your premium membership in spite of the fact that you bought it from the previous owners.

You should realize if they decide to do that it isn't an obligation, it's an act of charity.

And personally, if I was in their shoes, reading some of the post in this thread I would be thinking, "Why should I do them any favors? They obviously won't appreciate it, they'll just act like they had it coming'.

Why should a bunch of strangers give you something for free that they don't owe you?
Whatever you say. You are the boss. Assuming they keep you, too.

I think I will start a new business. Sell bonds with 100% interest per month. Cash the capital this week, say 2 millions, buy a huge house, and sell the company, together with the house for, say, only 1 million. And inform the new owners that they have no obligation to pay any of those interest rates, since that was an agreement with the old owners.

Win Win. Easy money.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

I think I will start a new business. Sell bonds with 100% interest per month. Cash the capital this week, say 2 millions, buy a huge house, and sell the company, together with the house for, say, only 1 million. And inform the new owners that they have no obligation to pay any of those interest rates, since that was an agreement with the old owners.

Win Win. Easy money.

Ciao

- viole

Are you an US lawyer with that specialty for these kinds of sales?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Win Win. Easy money.

Ciao

- viole
You do that. And if all that keeps you too busy to post any more nonsensical tatrums in here, let me know if I can help.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The tech guys have just informed us that the disabling of the ad filter for premium accounts was unintentional and they're working on restoring it.

Edit: actually it looks like they already have.
I hadn't even noticed that the ads were gone.
I checked.
Gone!
All this railing against the new owners seems to have been misplaced.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Being outraged is the most fun, eh.
Especially if it's about nothing.

That's why later on today I'm going down to the beach to protest against General Mills and their nafarious scheme to turn the oceans into jello.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Especially if it's about nothing.

That's why later on today I'm going down to the beach to protest against General Mills and their nafarious scheme to turn the oceans into jello.

That's misplaced. Since we KNOW that the Simpsons episodes reveal the future, we really need to find out who the puppet masters are that are teasing us with such a truly nefarious series of shenanigans.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Just to check: is anybody still seeing ads when they shouldn't be?