• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Premium memberships showing ads

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You know I used to work for a traveling carnival, right?

So. I had a business that before jumping into a contract would consider that contracts fully then making them. Thst way there are no nasty surprises.

But i guess cowboys and fly by night operators do exist

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
So. I had a business that before jumping into a contract would consider that contracts fully then making them. Thst way there are no nasty surprises.

But i guess cowboys and fly by night operators do exist
The owners have been here for 5 years now, so hardly fly by night.

And as far as what the contract looked like, we'll never know, but I'd be amazed if it was so detailed as to include an explanation regarding premium accounts.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
But does Premium Membership mean a lifetime of no ads?
1682549948584.png

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
For what it's worth, I'm not against the new owners not honoring the premium membership offered by the previous owners. However, had I purchased the site, I would offer existing premium members a discount on a new premium membership.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
For what it's worth, I'm not against the new owners not honoring the premium membership offered by the previous owners. However, had I purchased the site, I would offer existing premium members a discount on a new premium membership.
I was thinking the same thing (but just the ones we like of course. :D)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The owners have been here for 5 years now, so hardly fly by night.

And as far as what the contract looked like, we'll never know, but I'd be amazed if it was so detailed as to include an explanation regarding premium accounts.

The advert for premium membership gave the details of what was offered, agreed to and paid for. I do (should) have a screenshot of the ad in backup aling with the receipt for payment. I need to find them

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you notice that they used the exact same images as the Russian women want to meet you ads? I suspect collusion going on.

Of course, I've seen neither since the beginning of hostilities...
I started getting Ukrainian women adds on Facebook some time after @Twilight Hue brought the topic up here. Maybe I never noticed them before. But I doubt it. The girls tend to be, ahem, noticeably healthy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wouldn't assume that.

There is a standard business practice in acquisitions called "due diligence". This means that the buyer should be aware of all assets and liabilities and the seller needs to provide full disclosure. Every so often there's a business page article about failure of due diligence. Major corporations such as J. P. Morgan have gotten involved in messes related to this principle.

So what you're basically saying is that the current owners failed a basic business principle for acquisitions - know what you're buying.

TL;DR - they messed up.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a standard business practice in acquisitions called "due diligence". This means that the buyer should be aware of all assets and liabilities and the seller needs to provide full disclosure. Every so often there's a business page article about failure of due diligence. Major corporations such as J. P. Morgan have gotten involved in messes related to this principle.

So what you're basically saying is that the current owners failed a basic business principle for acquisitions - know what you're buying.

TL;DR - they messed up.
You're right and by God somebody should do something about it.

Hold on:

Bad owners! Bad! Bad! Bad!

There, glad I could help.

It shows.

Because what's more fun than kicking back within the cozy confines of our safe, sheltered little lives and reveling in stereotypes regarding things we know absolutely nothing about? :thumbsup:

Last edited: