• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Premium memberships showing ads

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Because what's more fun than kicking back within the cozy confines of our safe, sheltered little lives and reveling in stereotypes regarding things we know absolutely nothing about?
The internet is based on that principle. If we ever stopped doing that, civilization as we know it would collapse, a depression would start as internet and media companies disappeared and we'd all be reduced to going outside and smelling the flowers.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The internet is based on that principle.

What, you mean freaking out over nothing and taking it out on whoever happens to be available?

If we ever stopped doing that, civilization as we know it would collapse,
I would say that actually is a pretty fair description of first world civilization, filled as it is with self entitled little weenies who can't handle their own emotions.

a depression would start as internet and media companies disappeared and we'd all be reduced to going outside and smelling the flowers.

Oh now, I'm sure mother nature isn't growing the flowers to your satisfaction either.

Maybe go scream at her for a while.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What, you mean freaking out over nothing and taking it out on whoever happens to be available?

I would say that actually is a pretty fair description of first world civilization, filled as it is with self entitled little weenies who can't handle their own emotions.

Oh now, I'm sure mother nature isn't growing the flowers to your satisfaction either.

Maybe go scream at her for a while.

Didn't you take a vow of verbal celibacy when you joined Staff? I thought you had left behind sarcasm and the use of pointed sticks just like priests take a vow - oh wait, bad comparison.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I absolutely agree with you on that.
The matter is not about what we paid. I honestly do not even remember how much it was. And I do not really care about that money.

The question is about principle. If X advertises that if Y pays Z then Y will never see ads, and then Y sees ads, then X simply cheated. or lied. Or is culpable of false advertisement. It simply sold goods it did not have.

ciao

- viole

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The matter is not about what we paid. I honestly do not even remember how much it was. And I do not really care about that money.

The question is about principle.

Yes, and the previous owners had questionable principles.

What's your point?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Because I see annoying ads when I should not.

ciao

- viole
And of course the only explanation for that is that the owners have questionable principles.

Because, again, we all know there's no such thing as software glitches, disturbances during upgrades, etc.

The only possible explanation is eeeevil.

And even if it winds up staying that way for you: as I explained earlier if you bought your premium membership from the previous owners, IMO the current owners don't owe you anything.

I'm sure you have a different opinion but I'm sure your opinion is based on something other than your sense of fairness.

Now also as I explained (because what's more fun than explaining things to people with their fingers in their ears going "la la I'm not listening"?), for all we know the current owners may be planning on letting you keep your premium membership in spite of the fact that you bought it from the previous owners.

You should realize if they decide to do that it isn't an obligation, it's an act of charity.

And personally, if I was in their shoes, reading some of the post in this thread I would be thinking, "Why should I do them any favors? They obviously won't appreciate it, they'll just act like they had it coming'.

Why should a bunch of strangers give you something for free that they don't owe you?

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What do I have to do if I want to see more ads?

I'm a bit disappointed that they're only at the top and bottom of the page.

Also, they're clear misses. Nothing yet that interests me.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
btw guys, I thought this would be a perfect time to announce my own latest offering to the members:

For a limited time only I'm currently selling Next-Lifetime Premium Memberships to all of our members. Money back guarantee if it turns out there is no afterlife (bitcoin accepted).
I'm in.

Here is my bit coin.
1682629743788.png