• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Would Think A Public High School Would At Least Try To Hide Its Overt Christianity

Skwim

Veteran Member
Then again, if they're stupid enough to promote it why would they be bright enough to hide it.

". . . this is the locker room at Letcher County Central High School in Whitesburg, Kentucky:

LetcherLockerRoom-1024x734.jpg

The sign says “But the Lord is with me like a Mighty Warrior. Jeremiah 20:11.”

[The] Kentucky high school [was] called out for promoting Bible verse in locker room. So far, the district hasn’t responded to any of the concerns."
source

Considering how often this violation is committed down in Dixieland one is encouraged to wonder if the intellect of Southern Christians is rivaled only by garden tools.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Thanks to Trump and the republican party, and their determined efforts to increase greed, selfishness, and general stupidity in America, this sort of ignorance regarding the rights, freedoms, and well-being of fellow citizens has become greatly emboldened. All we can do now is hope that our better angels will soon awaken within us, and we'll stop voting in fear and selfishness, and start voting for the well-being of our nation as a whole, and for the principals that it was founded on: equal freedom, justice, and opportunity for all citizens. And for a government free from the influence of religion, money, and social bigotry.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Then again, if they're stupid enough to promote it why would they be bright enough to hide it.

". . . this is the locker room at Letcher County Central High School in Whitesburg, Kentucky:

[The] Kentucky high school [was] called out for promoting Bible verse in locker room. So far, the district hasn’t responded to any of the concerns."
source

Considering how often this violation is committed down in Dixieland one is encouraged to wonder if the intellect of Southern Christians is rivaled only by garden tools.

And everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line talks with a heavy Bronx accent. Thinking in stereotypes sometimes leaves you hardly thinking at all.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

source

I think they more salient point of this post is that one would hardly expect this behavior from a team of horny middle-aged women...just sayin'.

Reactions: Moz

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think they more salient point of this post is that one would hardly expect this behavior from a team of horny middle-aged women...just sayin'.

Okay...okay...check out the Jerseys for Pete's sake! (Is this an audience or a painting...)

PureX

Veteran Member
Yup. Stuff like this never happened before Trump took office.

Trump's fault...not the people that put up the sign...not the school board for allowing it to happen. Thanks for the invaluable insight.
It's on the rise, again, and this is why. But nice try at trying to diminish the complicity of the republican party and their current mascot-in-chief for greed, stupidity, bigotry, and selfishness.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's on the rise, again, and this is why. But nice try at trying to diminish the complicity of the republican party and their current mascot-in-chief for greed, stupidity, bigotry, and selfishness.

Can we spell 'paranoia'?

PureX

Veteran Member
They're not the cause but rather a symptom of this mentality. Trump and the GOP wouldn't be where they're at without the electorate.
True, but the republican party knowingly and deliberately chose to stir up and exploit people's ignorance, greed, bigotry, and fear to gain political support for themselves while aiming all that subsequent sick and misguided animosity at their opponents. And they've been doing this, now, for 40 years. So it has had an effect; and the effect is that these unfortunate attributes within us have been fueled and justified by 'spin', and lies, and slander, and hyperbole, to the point that it's tearing the country apart. And still the republican party and it's supporters don't care, so long as they can keep winning elections, stacking courts with biased judges, and using the power of public office to gain advantage for themselves and to destroy the checks and balances of power that held the nation together.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Everyone's jumping on post #2 - but how about focusing on the OP please?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would disagree with this. Garden tools are of far more practical use for real things.