• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Would Think A Public High School Would At Least Try To Hide Its Overt Christianity

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why assume this considering that the only conversation you and I ever had entailed me asking you to share the evidence of your claims and your refusing to do so?

That makes sense.

However, which "one religion" did this school supposedly support above all others?
I have quite a bit of experience dealing with fundamentalist Christians. They tend to follow a pattern, you could show me to be wrong in this case but reading the rest of your posts here I see that my reasonable bias was confirmed again.

And it is rather clear that they are supporting general Judeo-Christian beliefs. You may not understand this but that leaves quite a few people out. It fails In fact not even all Christian sects would approve of such a display. There are those that think rightly that public schools are not the places to display their beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you admit that you are unable to support the OP?

If you read the thread it has been supported. When one comes to a thread late it is sometimes a good idea to read some of the posts leading up to the current conversation. The only reason this thread is still alive is because some Christians lack either the intelligence or the morals to see how this is a clear violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

JesusKnowsYou

I have quite a bit of experience dealing with fundamentalist Christians.
Do you consider telling people that their beliefs are false then claiming that you have evidence that proves that assertion then never supplying that evidence "experience"?

I'm sure you only have experience shutting down discussions. Not having them.
They tend to follow a pattern...
As do you. The one I mentioned above.
...you could show me to be wrong in this case but reading the rest of your posts here I see that my reasonable bias was confirmed again.
Again, you are making claims with no evidence.

Why didn't you spell out this "pattern" you claim I am following and then provide an example of me doing it?

It is clear that your "experience" has amounted to nothing.
And it is rather clear that they are supporting general Judeo-Christian beliefs.
That is not necessarily true, but I'll relent for sake of argument.

"General Judeo-Christian beliefs" is not a religion.

At most you can claim they were supporting aspects of Judeo-Christian culture, but even that is a stretch considering that no student was required to read the phrase. I mean, it was hidden in a locker room for goodness sake.

And the First Amendment says nothing about supporting an aspect of culture.
You may not understand this but that leaves quite a few people out.
Left out of what? Playing football? Getting an education?

Who is left out of what?
There are those that think rightly that public schools are not the places to display their beliefs.
Say that after you remove all the transgender bathrooms.
If you read the thread it has been supported.
If that were true then the OP could easily reference which post he believes supports it the best, right?

It's up to him to convince me.
When one comes to a thread late it is sometimes a good idea to read some of the posts leading up to the current conversation.
You said this based on two assumptions.

First, that I didn't read the entire thread and second that the OP was supported somewhere.

You assumed these things because I disagree with the OP.

What if I read the entire thread and still disagreed with the OP?

This leaves me to wonder, "What could I do to prove that I read the thread?"

According to you - I would need to agree with the OP.

No, that's not going to happen.

So, rather than making un-provable and false assumptions about me - reference the specific post you believe supports the OP.
The only reason this thread is still alive is because some Christians lack either the intelligence or the morals to see how this is a clear violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.
You did this same thing in the other conversation we had. Where you refused to provide the evidence you claimed to have.

You claim that those who disagree with you are stupid and/or evil. To you, those are the only reasons anyone could disagree with you.

You have gained nothing from your supposed "experience".