• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tas8831

The Theory of Evolution says that the initial number of individuals of a given species must exceed 40. Otherwise, the species is very likely to die out. For example, the initial number of people must exceed 40. Not just Adam and Eve.
Source?

Tiberius

The theists better know what is God. The atheists have not come up with the idea of God.
If theist says, that God is Love Herself, then the atheist must use that as fact.

Uh, no.

Believers don't get to claim their beliefs as fact just because they came up with the beliefs.

Show me how love can create a universe. Or any other emotion, for that matter.

questfortruth

Uh, no.

Believers don't get to claim their beliefs as fact just because they came up with the beliefs.

Show me how love can create a universe. Or any other emotion, for that matter.
If I would hit you in the face, then you will feel the emotion of hitting you in the face.
Love is feeling, which happens when Lord Love touches the heart.

Tiberius

If I would hit you in the face, then you will feel the emotion of hitting you in the face.

Yeah, that's not an emotion. That's a physical sensation that is picked up by my nervous system. Do you know what an emotion actually is?

Love is feeling, which happens when Lord Love touches the heart.

So now we have gone from "God is love" to "God makes you feel love." That's not the same thing, you know.

Tiberius

God is Spirit, not emotion. But you feel the touch of God when you feel true love.

You said "God is love" in post 52.

Love is an emotion.

Now you say that God is not an emotion.

Your argument makes no sense, almost like it was made up of nothing but buzzwords, slogans and sound bites that were made up to sound important but really mean nothing.

GardenLady

Here are two sub-species of the species called FISH:
1. tuna,
2. cod.
That does not mean, that tuna is more privileged than cod. Same is with people.

No, these are NOT sub-species. They are species. As are salmon, halibut, snapper, tilapia, sole, swordfish, etc. etc. They are genetically distinct and reproductively isolated.

Where does “privilege” come in? And what does it mean?