• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No other Path to Unity but God.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The councils on how achieve unity come from their prophet, Baha'u'llah. I know that the Baha'i Faith also has a peace plan that they published, "Promise of World Peace". So, I think from their perspective, it's everybody else that has to change. They're doing the right thing and doing what is needed to bring about peace and unity. Although, it might not seem that way sometimes.
The thing about honorable and principled people is that others can easily recognize it in action. It isn't something claimed in a prideful way, and bragged about in public. It is exhibited in the nature of the person.

I understand there its an interest in global peace. But this is an ideal that assumes a sort of biological perfection inhumane biology, yet it doesn't exist. Humans evolved very imperfectly for modern life. there is mental illness and flaws that will always be an impression on societies as a whole. That means conflict.

Just looking at some of the members here and we see a good intention of peace and unity, but have personality flaws that sabotage that intent subconsciously. Ideology can only deliver people so far. there has to be a serious and sober introspective understanding of the self, as individuals. It means an effort to let go the ideology that appeals to the ego, and investigate the subconscious motives that drive many to believe in irrational ideas and dogmas. That's hard work. Religion is easier. Hard work rewards the self in deeper ways. But religion is easier.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The councils on how achieve unity come from their prophet, Baha'u'llah. I know that the Baha'i Faith also has a peace plan that they published, "Promise of World Peace". So, I think from their perspective, it's everybody else that has to change. They're doing the right thing and doing what is needed to bring about peace and unity. Although, it might not seem that way sometimes.

I see they have been given by all the Messengers CG.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Your approach IS militant, and I say that because you advocate only for religious people, and reject atheists. You also show your hand that you prefer those who believe in Jesus. Your view is highly prejudicial. That you don't seem aware of it would make you dangerous in a position of power.

You just now neglected to mention God as a path to unity, and this indicates a manipulative motive that will say whatever is needed to convince a person of your view.
There is so much Baha'is don't tell you. They have a "lesser peace" and a "greater peace." If the world leaders would have listened to Baha'u'llah, we would have gotten the greater peace right then. But no, he got rejected. So, to get even, I mean, to get what we deserve for rejecting him, we are going to first go through a lot of turmoil and then band together to achieve a secular "lesser" peace. No God necessary for that one. Just the world leaders agreeing to disarm and live in peace. Then there is the most great peace...

Baha’u’llah envisioned a time in the future when the peoples of the world will live together in peace and unity as members of one faith. Universal justice will be established based on adherence to the law of God. A new civilization based on spiritual values will come into being. He referred to this as the Most Great Peace.​

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Equal opportunity.

By mens his story only.

Scientist brothers who agreed science. The removed equality.

Natural family lived life.

Was unified naturally as an equal balanced life pair first man to woman in nature. As knowledge first two humans as human parents.

Natural owned pairing.

Sex changed the mutual first pair. Babies no longer mutual pairing.

Babies self owned life is self expressive the teaching. Sex is a physical action.

Eating is correct.
Drinking is correct.

Mutual food gathering correct.

Community owning house building the same for everyone

Natural life.

Does not own a law no sex but by natural paired parents.

It does however quantify that adults as humans owned the sex act as consenting adults.

Which does not allow for rape. Nor child molestation.

Humans who could not control the adult parent behaviour was the teaching. Mutual.

Misquoted.

Sex is in fact private.

Non consenting adults sexual behaviour was unlawful. Why social law was introduced who locked away humans who could not control family sanctity as mutual adults.

Life is natural first.

We drink because we can. Alcohol once was a medicine. It does own choice of abuse. Yet there isn't a natural law of against it as nature allows it. Fermentation.

If you owned instant travel into the past human origin renewal then we wouldn't own any inherited self abusive choices now.

You cannot suddenly change life by an ordered status of humans who can comply by self owned living conditions. Their choice.

I enjoy wine with my meal. Grapes allow wine to be made. I wouldn't agree to your choice just because you claim you behave better.

I know better was natural first origin humans. We have inherited abused irradiated human life. Satanisms not Godisms.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The thing about honorable and principled people is that others can easily recognize it in action. It isn't something claimed in a prideful way, and bragged about in public. It is exhibited in the nature of the person.

I understand there its an interest in global peace. But this is an ideal that assumes a sort of biological perfection inhumane biology, yet it doesn't exist. Humans evolved very imperfectly for modern life. there is mental illness and flaws that will always be an impression on societies as a whole. That means conflict.

Just looking at some of the members here and we see a good intention of peace and unity, but have personality flaws that sabotage that intent subconsciously. Ideology can only deliver people so far. there has to be a serious and sober introspective understanding of the self, as individuals. It means an effort to let go the ideology that appeals to the ego, and investigate the subconscious motives that drive many to believe in irrational ideas and dogmas. That's hard work. Religion is easier. Hard work rewards the self in deeper ways. But religion is easier.
We are already at a point to where it would be in our collective best interests to work together. But will we? In the U.S., we can't even work together. Baha'is say that the nations of the world need to disarm, except for enough weapons to maintain order. Which is what? Machine guns, cannons, rockets, jet fighters, tanks? But again, in the U.S., we can't get our own people to disarm.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
There is so much Baha'is don't tell you. They have a "lesser peace" and a "greater peace." If the world leaders would have listened to Baha'u'llah, we would have gotten the greater peace right then. But no, he got rejected. So, to get even, I mean, to get what we deserve for rejecting him, we are going to first go through a lot of turmoil and then band together to achieve a secular "lesser" peace. No God necessary for that one. Just the world leaders agreeing to disarm and live in peace. Then there is the most great peace...

Baha’u’llah envisioned a time in the future when the peoples of the world will live together in peace and unity as members of one faith. Universal justice will be established based on adherence to the law of God. A new civilization based on spiritual values will come into being. He referred to this as the Most Great Peace.​
In the past science resurgence was known to be Muslim who owned pyramids sciences.

The history Jesus agreement prophecy predictions man of science agreement.

Jewish agreed. Muslim agreed. Christian agreed. As it involved pyramids and temple science.

Agreed. Stated it was acknowledged agreed.

The Baha'i history was only an updated reminder already agreed upon non science nuclear treaty.

To his Muslim brothers.

As the society of prevention as soldiers for world peace was self established. Not allowing sciences return.

Is the reason the message was ignored and the teacher murdered. Just as rich men had murdered the Jewish Christian advisors.

It was about what science had caused. It wasn't about a better leadership.

Humans in natural life are naturally innocent equal loving and spiritual.

The message is read by anyone anywhere in any country to motivate human equality. Not by national DNA or religious pursuit. Humanity.

Any human can quantify I read. I believe. I behave.

I behave is the natural first status being human and allowed equality.

It is never by order it is by mutual consent being a human first.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are already at a point to where it would be in our collective best interests to work together. But will we? In the U.S., we can't even work together. Baha'is say that the nations of the world need to disarm, except for enough weapons to maintain order. Which is what? Machine guns, cannons, rockets, jet fighters, tanks? But again, in the U.S., we can't get our own people to disarm.

I see we will CG, it will be such a blessing to live in such unity, science will be amazing when we do.

There are other bounties given by God in this day, the greatest being the bounty of working for the purpose of unity.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Really? Baha'u'llah didn't bring anything new?

There are specifics that Baha'u'llah offered, one of those was quoted above, they are essential requirements.

In case you missed it here it is again.

"The Great Being, wishing to reveal the prerequisites of the peace and tranquillity of the world and the advancement of its peoples, hath written: The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation. We fain would hope that the kings and rulers of the earth, the mirrors of the gracious and almighty name of God, may attain unto this station, and shield mankind from the onslaught of tyranny. …The day is approaching when all the peoples of the world will have adopted one universal language and one common script. When this is achieved, to whatsoever city a man may journey, it shall be as if he were entering his own home. These things are obligatory and absolutely essential. It is incumbent upon every man of insight and understanding to strive to translate that which hath been written into reality and action…. That one indeed is a man who, today, dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race. The Great Being saith: Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth. In another passage He hath proclaimed: It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."

So that is the "prerequisites" set by God and "These things are obligatory and absolutely essential."

Notice it is not the Baha'i.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Instead of unifying over something that only a minority
agree upon (that God fellow), how about something
more practical, eg, peace?

I did not say the Baha'i Faith will be the focal point of the move towards unity, that has been inferred by a fee poster's.

What I have offered is that the move towards peace an unity will follow the prerequisites that God has given us. With or without that knowledge that is the case. Here is a portion of what hasbeen quoted;

"....The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves..."

So how can we know what they will decide, they will be elected by a majority?

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
You seem to assume all humans are rational, emotionally stable, well educated, have equality, etc. Ideals about how things ought to be is the ideal of the middle class. The poor are busy struggling and dealing with their imposed disadvantages. The rich want to keep their advantages. How do you get unity when freedom means greed is allowed, and the poor can be exploited?

It's like someone offers a great new diet plan. Will the overweight people accept it? Our observations tell us: no.

I studied health psychology in college and I was stunned to realize how so many people do not act rationally when they are offered a good option for a longer life. People who have chronic diseases and are told they need to adjust behavior will often reject that advice. they will die sooner, but will have the emotional satisfaction of their bad, deadly habits. We cannot expect humans to make rational choices, and do the right thing.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Shouldn't we be getting nervous when people talk of unity?
I read up on your religion, your idea of unity is a nightmare.
What's there to be nervous about? From the link you gave...
Unity of God
Unity of religion
Unity of humanity
Equality between women and men
Elimination of all forms of prejudice
World peace and a new world order

Wait... What's that "new world order"? Clicking on that it says...
The phrase "new world order" in the Baháʼí Faith refers to the replacement of the collective political norms and values of the 19th century with a new system of worldwide governance that incorporates the Baháʼí ideals of unity and justice for all nations, races, creeds, and classes.​

I guess that's not too bad? And then back to the original link...
With specific regard to the pursuit of world peace, Baháʼu'lláh prescribed a world-embracing collective security arrangement for the establishment of a temporary era of peace referred to in the Baha'i teachings as the Lesser Peace. For the establishment of a lasting peace (The Most Great Peace) and the purging of the "overwhelming Corruptions" it is necessary that all the people of the world universally unite under a universal Faith.​

"Necessary" to unite under a universal Faith? Which of course is the Baha'i Faith. Okay, maybe a little nervous. But I'm sure Tony can reassure us there is nothing to be concerned about.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
You seem to assume all humans are rational, emotionally stable, well educated, have equality, etc. Ideals about how things ought to be is the ideal of the middle class. The poor are busy struggling and dealing with their imposed disadvantages. The rich want to keep their advantages. How do you get unity when freedom means greed is allowed, and the poor can be exploited?
No, I don't assume people are rational. The Baha'is do include getting rid of the extremes of wealth and poverty. It is mentioned in their peace plan. Why Baha'is don't talk about it, I don't know.

Clara Tea

This is a follow on from the New Athiest Humanities Downfall?

It has been recorded.

"The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded."

(“Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh”, p. 286)

That is the topic of discussion.

So what are the councels that we will need to heed to find our unity?

Also, does this mean atheists and people of all the various faiths will not embrace those councels? (Personally I do not see that necessarily will be the case)

Regards Tony

Different denominations of the same religion can't get along with each other. Therefore, religion doesn't unify, it divides.

We can see this divide in the Holocaust, in which Nazis gave up their Christian faiths to follow the new beliefs of Nazism. While Jews were being starved, beaten, tossed into ovens, and made into lamp shades, many in Germany ignored their suffering and supported the mad man in charge.

If, on the other hand, everyone stuck to the Christian religion, they wouldn't have tolerated such behavior. So, in some sense, I see what you mean about religion unifying.

Clara Tea

What's there to be nervous about? From the link you gave...
Unity of God
Unity of religion
Unity of humanity
Equality between women and men
Elimination of all forms of prejudice
World peace and a new world order

Wait... What's that "new world order"? Clicking on that it says...
The phrase "new world order" in the Baháʼí Faith refers to the replacement of the collective political norms and values of the 19th century with a new system of worldwide governance that incorporates the Baháʼí ideals of unity and justice for all nations, races, creeds, and classes.​

I guess that's not too bad? And then back to the original link...
With specific regard to the pursuit of world peace, Baháʼu'lláh prescribed a world-embracing collective security arrangement for the establishment of a temporary era of peace referred to in the Baha'i teachings as the Lesser Peace. For the establishment of a lasting peace (The Most Great Peace) and the purging of the "overwhelming Corruptions" it is necessary that all the people of the world universally unite under a universal Faith.​

"Necessary" to unite under a universal Faith? Which of course is the Baha'i Faith. Okay, maybe a little nervous. But I'm sure Tony can reassure us there is nothing to be concerned about.

Some people fear a "new world order." President G. H. W. Bush (daddy Bush) proposed a new world order, as well. But W. Bush (according to papers released by Eric Snowden) showed that the US had illegally spied on all phone calls of US citizens. I suppose that illegal espionage and ratting out neighbors is a part of this new world order (in the view of Bush).

lukethethird

unknown member
That's OK, you are not part of the Baha'i Faith.

We are talking about world unity.

Regards Tony
  • Sexual intercourse is only permitted between a husband and wife, and thus premarital, extramarital, or homosexual intercourse are forbidden. (See also Homosexuality and the Baháʼí Faith)
So your Baha'i faith makes it your business as to what goes on in the bedrooms of its' unified members. Your idea of world unity is a nightmare.

Last edited: