• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No other Path to Unity but God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What if to attain unity you have to surrender your Baha'i perspective?

That will not be required as unity will be inclusive of all perspectives.

Unity will be implemented and administered by a process adopted by a world legislative.

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
That will not be required as unity will be inclusive of all perspectives.
Not according to what you are saying. You have offered no hand to atheists, but instead challenge them in irrational means.

You even acknowledge that you aren't certain a God exists, yet you advocate for unity around an idea you're not sure of.

Unity will be implemented and administered by a process adopted by a world legislative.
So politics. Why haven't you said this before? The UN exists, and should be expanded, yes? What about Putin?

Onyx

Premium Member
The idea of world peace makes me want to vomit, especially if it involves worshiping a sky-daddy or believing in prophets. The human race will find unity in its eventual extinction, no gods required.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You mentioned Jesus while advocating for unity, and you know many religious and non-religious do not acknowledge that reference is meaningful.

So can you abandon your preferences to achieve unity?

You have lost all the context of the discussion, and you are offering naught to do with my reply to another poster.

Regards Tony

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
This is a follow on from the New Athiest Humanities Downfall?

It has been recorded.

"The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded."

(“Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh”, p. 286)

That is the topic of discussion.

So what are the councels that we will need to heed to find our unity?

Also, does this mean atheists and people of all the various faiths will not embrace those councels? (Personally I do not see that necessarily will be the case)

Regards Tony
Unity with what exactly?

F1fan

Veteran Member
The idea of world peace makes me want to vomit, especially if it involves worshiping a sky-daddy or believing in prophets. The human race will find unity in its eventual extinction, no gods required.
It seems to me the only way to unity is to allow freedom of belief. When someone claims the only path is through belief in God, well, there goes unity. At least not before a lot of executions of non-believers. If you start shooting atheists in the street, you'll get unity. Then it will whatever the next outsider religious group that is in the crosshairs. Nazi Germany knew how to do unity and make it stick. They fought till the bitter end.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Any human is a human born by sex. Two naked parents as naked humans created us.

I can read any literature written by another human.

As an intelligent human a human I can think. Belief theism is not about information based by commonality...
Natural.
Living as the human.
Eating.
Drinking.
Needing a balanced environment

Theism thought unnaturally first. The answers hence are not correct.

Basic intelligence of a human.

I don't need title.

I am equal says human consciousness itself the observer.

Not a theist observer a natural observer.

You all use titles to state my group says.

Natural says it first without speaking is what I knowingly know is my human truth. And a natural history that stated balances in nature. Not title either.

Until you can remove all titles will you argue until natural gets you destroyed.

Reason as title holders all use science to attain it.

What creation religious thesis is...science.

If you brother mind stutter in your sick head saying is is and put it in my text as I type. It is by word phone usage. That only demonstrates how machine use possessed you are totally.

Tries to change my word use.

I have to check my word definition as words nothing like I used get changed as I type.

The word my is nowhere near the word is.

Take away machines and science is just a human man talking.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
What if to attain unity you have to surrender your Baha'i perspective?
The councils on how achieve unity come from their prophet, Baha'u'llah. I know that the Baha'i Faith also has a peace plan that they published, "Promise of World Peace". So, I think from their perspective, it's everybody else that has to change. They're doing the right thing and doing what is needed to bring about peace and unity. Although, it might not seem that way sometimes.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You have proved you do not read posts, nor consider the contents.

No other Path to Unity but God.

Regards Tony
Ah, you're not reading my posts about the division your view and link causes. You are indifferent to those who believe differently, and your reference and your own thinking misses that critical point. That means it won't achieve what it aims to do. To unify you need to appeal to common traits, and belief in a god is not it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seems to me the only way to unity is to allow freedom of belief. When someone claims the only path is through belief in God, well, there goes unity. At least not before a lot of executions of non-believers. If you start shooting atheists in the street, you'll get unity. Then it will whatever the next outsider religious group that is in the crosshairs. Nazi Germany knew how to do unity and make it stick. They fought till the bitter end.

That is a very militant view of Unity.

Try considering it needs to be done in Love.

Regards Tony

lukethethird

unknown member
Unity as one human race giving equal opportunity to all people, of all Nations.

Regards Tony

FORBIDDEN:
  • Backbiting and gossip are prohibited and denounced.
  • Drinking or selling alcohol is forbidden.
  • Sexual intercourse is only permitted between a husband and wife, and thus premarital, extramarital, or homosexual intercourse are forbidden. (See also Homosexuality and the Baháʼí Faith)
  • Participation in partisan politics is forbidden.
  • Begging as a profession is forbidden.
  • Baháʼí Faith - Wikipedia

Just feel the unity.:rolleyes:

F1fan

Veteran Member
That is a very militant view of Unity.

Try considering it needs to be done in Love.
Your approach IS militant, and I say that because you advocate only for religious people, and reject atheists. You also show your hand that you prefer those who believe in Jesus. Your view is highly prejudicial. That you don't seem aware of it would make you dangerous in a position of power.

You just now neglected to mention God as a path to unity, and this indicates a manipulative motive that will say whatever is needed to convince a person of your view.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
This is a follow on from the New Athiest Humanities Downfall?

It has been recorded.

"The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded."

(“Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh”, p. 286)

That is the topic of discussion.

So what are the councels that we will need to heed to find our unity?

Also, does this mean atheists and people of all the various faiths will not embrace those councels? (Personally I do not see that necessarily will be the case)

Regards Tony
Wouldn't this Unity thing and some type of 'Counsel' annihilate the Individuality of people? From a faith-based point of view, I can't see it ever happening or even that it would be a good thing to happen. From a political standpoint, creating equal opportunity for all people may be a good thing.