• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My announcement

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Namaste :namaste

After spending so long searching, I believe I have found my place as an adherent of Sanatana Dharma, not because I am denying the validity of other religions, but because Sanatana Dharma is right for me.

What do you recommend I do now, to start living according to my dharma?

I have yet to find my ishta-devata. I am spiritually attracted to Krishna, Shiva, Kali, Lakshmi and Ganesha - so what path I will go into, I have no idea yet.

So, any questions? :)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'd suggest just praying to those Gods and they'll lead you to your Ishtadeva.

Congrats on finding your path.

WayFarer

Rogue Scholar
Namaste Odin and congratulations! I know you've given great thought to this decision and am sure you will approach this new chapter of your life with wholehearted enthusiasm. Again congratulations my friend!
:namaste

anupj

Mystic

After spending so long searching, I believe I have found my place as an adherent of Sanatana Dharma, not because I am denying the validity of other religions, but because Sanatana Dharma is right for me.

What do you recommend I do now, to start living according to my dharma?

I have yet to find my ishta-devata. I am spiritually attracted to Krishna, Shiva, Kali, Lakshmi and Ganesha - so what path I will go into, I have no idea yet.

Namaste Odion-ji

congratulations, i am very happy for you. and check your messages, i will pm you in some time.

pranam:bow:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Odion,

My announcement

Though it will hurt *you* have to state that till *you* exists in your mind any path is incorrect and when that *I* disappears, all paths appear the same. As all religions are only pointers towards understanding/discovering that *self*.
The part that gets hurt is the *ego-mind* and if that feeling exists then surely the *I* exists and nothing has changed.

However, being a trail and error period it is good to shift and learn/know as when the time comes all will appear as ONE only.

Love & rgds

WayFarer

Rogue Scholar
And hopefully friend Odion has been able to diminish his ego enough not to mind the rain that zenzero has brought to the parade.
SmileyRain.gif

GURSIKH

chardi kla

Congratts Kaal !! :namaste

is it must to select Ishta Deva ? and how its selected ?

Blessings !!;)

nameless

The Creator
congrats Odion, :)

As Zenzero mentioned, the real challenge is ahead.., try to fulfill them to add meaning to your decision(im sure you already know about this :) ). Sanatana Dharma would be surely helpful for that.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Thank you guys!

And hopefully friend Odion has been able to diminish his ego enough not to mind the rain that zenzero has brought to the parade.
SmileyRain.gif
:D

Congratts Kaal !! :namaste
Dhannvaad bhai!! :)

is it must to select Ishta Deva ? and how its selected ?

Blessings !!;)
I don't think there is a need to, and I think it just boils down to what deva you are drawn to most of all, it's something that will probably take some time for me to find out, if I ever find out at all. But since all go to the One, Ishvara, Waheguru :)D) it doesn't matter to me if I don't find one for me or not. :)

No questions, then? :D

blackout

Violet.
Nice honey. :hug:

Of every mainstream (non LHP) religion I like Hinduism the most. :)

Not that it really matters... but I'm sure you've made a very rich choice.

~Vi~

(and still if you want to wig your brother out... tell him that Sanatana Dharma is the Sanatanic branch of Hinduism. :p :D )

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Congrats Odion!

Don't worry too much about finding an Ishta Dev. Let your spiritual life be a progression. As you grow further things will come naturally. Do what feels right to you whether that is meditaiton, deity worship, or just living your life as a good person. I recommend that you let the Gita be your life guide. Just follow your heart and take things as they come. People who force themselves to be perfect devotees often fall down.