• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Watchmen

Premium Member
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

I had a great time. Bill Nighy is always fun to listen to and watch.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I saw Coraline. I was pretty good! I was expecting it to be more of a "kiddy" film, but I was surprised at how dark it was. It was also the first time I've watched a 3-D movie outside of a theme park attraction. :)

cardero

Citizen Mod
BATMAN: The Movie (commentary by Adam West and Burt Ward)
DVD/Color/ PG/ 105 Mins./ 1966
In director Leslie H. Martinson's campy action comedy based on the tongue-in-cheek 1960s TV series, Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) battle sharks, Catwoman (Lee Meriwether), The Joker (Cesar Romero), The Penguin (Burgess Meredith) and The Riddler (Frank Gorshin) on the big screen. Can they keep the bad guys from taking over the world? With a "wham!" and a "pow!" the heroes just might pull it off -- and maintain their secret identities.

Not much was divulged. The two stars would either get caught up watching or riffing their own movie.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Persepolis
DVD/ B&W/ 95 Mins./ PG-13/2007
javascript:void(0)Marjane (voiced by Chiara Mastroianni) just wants to be an ordinary kid, but that isn't easy in 1978 Iran. This profound animated film follows Marjane's childhood in a repressive society, her adolescence in France and return to Tehran as an adult. Based on Marjane Satrapi's autobiographical graphic novel, this Oscar nominee for Best Animated Feature Film also features the vocal talents of Catherine Deneuve and Simon Abkarian.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I saw Coraline. I was pretty good! I was expecting it to be more of a "kiddy" film, but I was surprised at how dark it was. It was also the first time I've watched a 3-D movie outside of a theme park attraction. :)

I'm so mad! I wanted to see that but we got to the theatre too late so we saw Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It kinda blew but I love Kevin James so much that I ended up kinda liking the movie.

Yes Man

Premium Member
Labyrinth. From my roommate's rantings, David Bowie's most distinguishable feature is his huge junk. He was right. :cool:

Pirates Of The Caribbean. It's really good.
The Exorcist. So lame and not scary. Well for me anyway.
Saw. That was really good.
Narnia. Kinda boring and hard to follow but still good.
The Witches. Kinda good.

PureX

Veteran Member
Slum Dog Millionaire

Good film, but like "Forrest Gump", it was quite unbelievable. Real life just doesn't work that way.

cardero

Citizen Mod
UNLEASHED
DVD/Color/ 102 Mins./ UR/ 2005
Raised as a slave, Danny (Jet Li) is like an animal who knows nothing but fighting for survival. In fact, his "master," Bart (Bob Hoskins), thinks of him as a pet and goes as far as leashing him with a collar. Together, they make money in fight clubs, where Danny's the main contender. When Bart dies unexpectedly, Danny is left bereft, trusting no one, until he meets a piano tuner (Morgan Freeman) who uses music to free Danny's long-buried heart.

Renji

Pirates Of The Caribbean. It's really good.
The Exorcist. So lame and not scary. Well for me anyway.
Saw. That was really good.
Narnia. Kinda boring and hard to follow but still good.
The Witches. Kinda good.

About The Exorcist film, I think the ridiculous part there is when a woman's head rotated 360 degrees. I've watched Twilight and Ace Ventura (Jim Carrey), the pet detective

cardero

Citizen Mod
BE KIND REWIND
DVD/ Color/ 101 Mins./ PG-13/ 2008
When Jerry (Jack Black) accidentally magnetizes his brain, he inadvertently erases all the videos in the rental store his buddy Mike (Mos Def) runs. To please the store's loyal customers, Jerry and Mike set out to produce their own low-rent remakes of the erased films. Danny Glover, Mia Farrow and Paul Dinello also star in this imaginative comedy written and directed by Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

cardero

Citizen Mod
Be Kind Rewind was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. :D

wa:do
Unusual casting but it was nice to see Mia Farrow and Danny Glover again. Quick cameo by Sigourney Weaver was a pleasant surprise. Liked the Fats Waller back-drop and the ending was comfortable.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
The Beyond- I finally bought a copy on dvd while browsing at Amoeba Records. I hadn't seen it since Tarantino acquired the rights to the film and re-released it in theaters back in '98. It's Fulci's other masterpiece. Plotless, The Beyond is more a surrealist expression where violent imagery and disturbing symbolism are the actual plot and characters. Repulsive, fascinating, grotesque in the literal meaning of the word.

Love this movie, and it has one of the best horror film endings in history.

And Repo Man. 'Cause I was in the mood and it looks like Alex Cox is working on a sequel!?!?! My first reaction was disappointment, then curiousity. And Cox is directing again, and David lynch is producing...? Maybe?
Nah, probably not.

Repo Man was one of those films I saw when I was 13 that on watching again 20+ years later I realize how much it really influenced my music and movie tastes.