• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

My wife and I seldom go to the movies, but we rent all the time. We don't watch any network TV or cable - we hate commercials so we rent instead of flipping channels.

Some movies we've seen recently:

The New World - hated the ending. Too much whispers, dull love story. I loved the character development of the Indian princess, but other than that I'd rather be playing guitar. I hated the ending.

Mr and Mrs Smith - I liked the idea of assasins getting marriage councelling. The end was anti-climatic with a stupid gunfight in a hardware store. What were they thinking?! The best part of the movie was the couple getting to know eachother. Brad Pitt's character was wonderful - loving his wife, beating his wife. Jolie was a bit too brutal for me. Funny stuff, but boring ending.

Crash - Very cool movie about racism in LA. It claims to be an urban thriller, but it's more like a suspense/drama. It personalized racism and demonized it at the same time - wonderfully done.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i went to see the X men 3 the other day, it was good, but it could have been a lot better - the cute guy with wings could have had an amazin part to play, they wasted a good story line there :(

DeadVegas

Cars was a good movie. George Carlin was a VW Bus. The humor in this movie is actually more leaned towards adults. The kids in the theatre were bored whenever the cars weren't racing. VW Buses rule.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
The last movie I saw in theaters was X3, and I hated it a lot. I watched the DVD of Reefer Madness the Musical last night.

Ody

Haven't seen it yet but i desperatley want to, its an independant film called "the proposition".

A

angellous_evangellous

Funniest Movies

Rat Race - This is perhaps the funniest movie that I've ever seen. Beautiful.

O Brother Where Art Thou - excellent soundtrack. Funniest scene ever: Delmar discovering that Pete had been turned into a toad. Hilarious. Second funniest: George Cloony declaring that he's the pater familias.

So I Married and Axe Murderer - Col. Sanders with his wee beady eyes, "You're going to buy my chicken..." That whole scene with Mike Meyers playing his dad, making fun of Keith's head... Classic.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
DeadVegas said:
Cars was a good movie. George Carlin was a VW Bus. The humor in this movie is actually more leaned towards adults. The kids in the theatre were bored whenever the cars weren't racing. VW Buses rule.
My wife & I loved Cars! :D The kids in the theatre when we went must have been amused enough by the cars that they stayed quiet. And btw...Frubals for mention of the VW Bus.:group:

X-Men 3 was disappointing, like the script writer had heard of the comic book but hadn't read it.
Crash was incredibly thought provoking if a bit raw at times.
The Benchwarmers was 'switch your brain off and laugh at stupid jokes' kind of fun.

There are probably others, but they must have been forgettable 'cause I can't think of 'em right now. :p

A

angellous_evangellous

I've also watched the entire 3rd and 4th season of 24.

Kick a$$ Jack!

standing_on_one_foot

I recently X3, and I thought Magneto was cool and the Beast fighting was awesome, but I wouldn't bother seeing it again.

And I just finished watching Mel Brooks' "To Be or Not To Be," which was surprisingly good, and I like Mel Brooks movies. Most entertaining.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Do NOT, again do NOT see Nacho Libre. That has now replaced Ishtar as the all time worst movie in the world!

I repeat: Do NOT see Nacho Libre.

A

angellous_evangellous

I absolutely hated Zorro 2.

I hated it so much that I laughed in all the wrong spots.

cardero

Citizen Mod
This last week I have seen

Silent Hill
The Da Vinci Code
Rock And Rule (Commentary)
Alice (A foreign version of Alice In Wonderland that was both disturbing and upsetting (think ERASERHEAD) and as close to the original book as any other movie produced. It is not a Kid’s story!!
Teenagers From Outer Space (MST3000)
Attack Of The Giant Leeches (MST3000)
SCTV (A few DVDs of Second City Television)
The Last Supper (A film with Cameron Diaz which was about a group of college graduates who invite (terrible) people over for Sunday Dinner just to kill them.)
Daydream Believer (a Hollywood remake of the Monkees story) I watched this 5 times, once by myself, once with mrscardero and 3 other times with commentaries by Micky Dolenz (which was the most annoying), Davy Jones and Peter Tork.
Double D Avenger (Commentary with Kitten Natividad). Commentary was better than the movie.
Q (commentary with Larry Cohen)
Touch Of Satan (MST3000)
Terror Firmer (TROMA Production)
Boogie Nights (Sorry, until recently I never saw it before)
MOOG The History of the keyboard and the man who designed it.
Soul Vengenace
Alucarda
The Bone Yard
Gamera Vs. Guiron (MST3000)

PureX

Veteran Member
I watched "Million Dollar Baby" and "Aviator". "Aviator" was good, but "Million Dollar Baby" was great.

I want to see the "Prarie Home Companion" movie next.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I have a four year old and a nineteen month old, hence the kiddie movies...

We saw Cars and it was adorable but my fave cartoonish movie right now is Hoodwinked.

I had to buy a copy. I could watch (and sing along with (hee hee)) Japeth for hours.

Tonight, my hubby and I are going to watch one of our rented movies...

One really great adult chick flick that I've seen lately is Shop Girl with Steve Martin and Claire Daines. It was really good.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
NetDoc said:
Do NOT, again do NOT see Nacho Libre. That has now replaced Ishtar as the all time worst movie in the world!

I repeat: Do NOT see Nacho Libre.

My brother in law loved it. He said Jack Black's mannerisms are the best parts of the movie and if you listen...he changes the accent throughout the movie...