• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Donnie Darko. Kind of was expecting more, judging from my friends reactions. Decent movie though.
I spent ages trying to determine what was really going on in that movie. When I finally found the explanation online I was ******! Sherlock Holmes himself could not have made sense of it. :no:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Just "fair" for Tropic Thunder, Patrick? That was a great movie!

I also didn't get Donnie Darko. It's like Pulp Fiction. Everyone seems to have loved it, but I just don't get it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Just "fair" for Tropic Thunder, Patrick? That was a great movie!

I also didn't get Donnie Darko. It's like Pulp Fiction. Everyone seems to have loved it, but I just don't get it.
Fair is a good review for today's modern features. Tropic Thunder was a movie that piqued my interest when I saw the trailer and it delivered on what it advertised. Unfortunately, all the best scenes were used in the trailer. A few deserving chuckles, surprising performances from Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. and I can appreciate a movie that makes fun of the Hollywood industry.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Girl Can’t Help It
DVD/ Color/ 90 Mins./ NR/ 1956
Jayne Mansfield exudes glamour in this witty farce about a gangster who goes to great lengths to turn his seemingly untalented girlfriend into a star. Mobster Marty "Fatso" Murdock (Edmond O'Brien) hires slick press agent Tom Miller (Tom Ewell) to promote the singing career of Murdock's blond-bombshell moll, Jerri (Mansfield). When she proves that she indeed has talent but doesn't want a showbiz career, will there be a happy ending for all?

A Rock ‘N’ Roll Fable

The bigger attraction to this film is not the scene where Jayne Mansfield holds two milk bottles in front of her bosoms but the musical performances of Fats Domino, The Platters, The Treniers, The Chuckles, Eddie Fontaine, Eddie Cochrane, Julie London, Little Richard, Gene Vincent And His Blue Caps, Nino Tempo, Abbey Lincoln.

The DVD also comes with an enlightening 50 minute A&E Biography on Jayne Mansfield as one of the Special Features.

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
We rented:

The Women: it was okay. I thought it was pretty funny, but boy is Meg Ryan getting ****** up looking... O_O

Vacancy 2: Totally sucked.

Lakeview Terrace: It was sort of okay. SPOILER ALERT: at the end, the guy said something like "we're going to have a family" *grin* But um... His wife... who is pregnant had just crashed her car into another car somewhat violently... I think maybe they should make sure the baby isn't dead first, right?

so, I'm just waiting for Coraline. That's what I want to see. :D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm watching Network right now. I forgot how good a movie it is... and it could have just as easily been talking about today as then.

cardero

Citizen Mod
PRIVATE PARTS
DVD/ Color/ 86 Mins./ R/ 1972
Checking into the ramshackle King Edward Hotel owned by her funeral-obsessed aunt (Lucille Benson), Cheryl (Ayn Ruymen), a teenage runaway, doesn't expect the royal treatment. But the kooky tenants who make up the neighborhood (including George, a handsome photographer who sleeps with a Cheryl-esque blow-up doll) don't roll out much of a welcome mat -- especially since the girl who last lived there turned up dead.