• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
BONNIE AND CLYDE
DVD/ Color/ 128 Mins./ R/ 1967
Serial bank robbers, sometime lovers and folkloric heroes, Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway) and Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty) barrel across Depression-ravaged America on a shooting spree that ended in a deathly rain of bullets -- for them. Sexy and stylish, the film, directed by Arthur Penn, shattered the crime film mold, layering comedy onto mayhem and youthful criminality. Gene Wilder makes his first film appearance here.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Finally saw 300 and Pan's Labyrinth. I thought both were really good. I thought that 300 did what it set out to do well, and Pan's Labyrinth was just an all-around amazing movie. I purposely avoided reading too much about it beforehand... now that I've seen it, all I can say is "wow".

Next on deck is The Last King of Scotland.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
del Toro did a wonderful job with Pan's labyrinth. the movie is disturbing and emotional, the atmosphere takes you in.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
del Toro did a wonderful job with Pan's labyrinth. the movie is disturbing and emotional, the atmosphere takes you in.
I found out fairly early in the movie that my wife had expected it to be something closer to a stylized family-friendly fantasy movie like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe or The Golden Compass... it sure wasn't that.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
ah ;)

Hehe, yes its an adult fantasy film. not the kind of movie Id take the whole family to see.

Now, Bridge to Terabithia, another movie I've seen recently, although having a sad twist, is a wonderful movie, perhaps more suitable for young ones as well.

Sententia

Finally saw 300 and Pan's Labyrinth. I thought both were really good. I thought that 300 did what it set out to do well, and Pan's Labyrinth was just an all-around amazing movie. I purposely avoided reading too much about it beforehand... now that I've seen it, all I can say is "wow".

Next on deck is The Last King of Scotland.

My oldest is 9. At what age can I show him 300. hehe. Awesome movie, he would love it, but its bloody.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Partridge Family Seasons 3 & 4 (6-Discs)
DVD/ Color/ 1120 Mins./ NR/ 1972-3
The musical family is dismayed to learn their new neighbor dislikes rock, Danny discovers a hidden talent when he joins a baseball team and Keith tries his hand at classical music in the fourth season of this television comedy. The Partridges also take an exciting cruise to Acapulco and plan a surprise birthday party for their manager, Reuben, while an important diplomat woos Shirley, and Keith tries to juggle a stream of new girlfriends.

PureX

Veteran Member
"Nobody's Fool" with Paul Newman

A quiet story about a loser with an infectious personality who discovers, finally, that maybe he wasn't such a loser after all. Newman's acting is superb.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Finally got around to watching Bangkok Dangerous- the Pang Bros. original '99 version, not the coiffed Nic Cage remake (why Pangs!?!?! Why!?!?!). Highly stylized noir about a deaf assassin who falls for a pretty pharmacist. Some effective performances and a unique grimy, gritty, yet paradoxically colorful atmosphere. Decent overall, but nothing particularly unique in Asian cinema up to that point (much less in the last 9 years). And the Pang Bros. have gone on to do the mediocre The Eye, The Messengers and the Cage version of Bangkok'.....

Why!?!?!?! :areyoucra

PureX

Veteran Member
"Taken" with Liam Neeson

A VERY common plot with no surprises, yet a nevertheless enjoyable rendition. Neeson is good as the quiet, thorough, tough guy.

Dezzie

You know what movie was really awesome?? TAKEN... It was so good... I want to see it again in theaters. I recommend it to anyone. :yes:

cardero

Citizen Mod
DIARY OF THE DEAD
DVD/ Color/ 98 Mins./ R/ 2007
While filming a low-budget horror film, Jason (Joshua Close) and his film school friends hear news reports of zombie sightings. As the living dead close in on the film crew, Jason seizes the opportunity to add real blood and guts to his movie. Meanwhile the American government promises to stop the violent uprising, but the relentless zombies gain an advantage by wiping out all forms of communication with the outside world.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I wanted to mention again that I recently saw Bottle Shock. I enjoyed it - it's stuck with me.

Here's what Wiki says:

Bottle Shock is a 2008 dramedy film that tells the story of the events that led up to the Judgment of Paris, when California wine beat French wine in a blind taste test. It is directed by Randall Miller, who also wrote the screenplay along with Jody Savin and Ross Schwartz[1]. It premiered at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival[1].

Plot
Sommelier and wine shop owner Steven Spurrier, a British expatriate living in Paris, concocts a plan to hold a blind taste-test intended to introduce Parisians to the quality wines coming from elsewhere in the world (and save his business in the process). He travels to the not-yet-famous Napa Valley in search of contestants for his Judgment of Paris taste test, where a chance meeting introduces him to floundering vintner Jim Barrett of Chateau Montelena. This twist of fate and the resultant oenological epiphany forever change their lives, the fortunes of the Napa Valley wineries, and the global wine industry as a whole.[1]