• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jackson Dies

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
It is too bad that Michael was unable to find happiness in his life. I read Moonwalk (his auto-biography) 20 years ago and learned then that he was always a very unhappy man. He seemed to want the simplicity of childhood.
Despite his weirdness, he was incredibly talented.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I read some are celebrating his death because he was a child molester.

Thoughts?

Makes me ill. I think anybody who celebrates a person's death or jokes at the expense of one's death is sick and/or severely lacking class, it doesn't matter who died IMO. Death is nothing to celebrate.

We will never absolutely know for sure whether or not the man molested those children or not. However, if I had felt my children had really been molested of someone of his status and that person offered me settlement money, I would have told that person to stick it and see to it that the courts prosecute him so he doesn't harm anymore children. Unfortunately, that is not what happened as we all know....people took settlement money and dropped all charges, which leads me to believe that either A) These people care more about money than the safety of children, or B) The whole molestation allegations were a scam to get money out of him. From what I've heard about the parents of those making those accusations (especially the last lady), I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Makes me ill. I think anybody who celebrates a person's death or jokes at the expense of one's death is sick and/or severely lacking class, it doesn't matter who died IMO. Death is nothing to celebrate.

We will never absolutely know for sure whether or not the man molested those children or not. However, if I had felt my children had really been molested of someone of his status and that person offered me settlement money, I would have told that person to stick it and see to it that the courts prosecute him so he doesn't harm anymore children. Unfortunately, that is not what happened as we all know....people took settlement money and dropped all charges, which leads me to believe that either A) These people care more about money than the safety of children, or B) The whole molestation allegations were a scam to get money out of him. From what I've heard about the parents of those making those accusations (especially the last lady), I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Actually, that's not what happened. One case did go all the way through trial and he was acquitted, which begs the question: if he did molest children and the court system wasn't going to remedy the situation, wouldn't it be better to take the settlement money?

Comicaze247

See the previous line
If he did indeed prey upon children, then he doesn't deserve the respect and reverence that he has received.
Yeah, he probably preyed on children. But one has to respect him for how he revolutionized the art of dance. The rest of his life may not have been as respectable, but you have to respect him for that, at the very least.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yeah, he probably preyed on children. But one has to respect him for how he revolutionized the art of dance. The rest of his life may not have been as respectable, but you have to respect him for that, at the very least.

Personally, I think MJ was waaay overrated. I also feel the same way about Elvis, and KISS.

rojse

RF Addict
I have a feeling that Michael Jackson's death will be this generation's "Where Were You When"....

Not really. Michael Jackson is merely a pop artist. Admittedly, quite a popular pop artist, but his death is rather insignificant compared to other "Where Were You When..." events like, say, people walking on the moon.

rojse

RF Addict
Everyone famous is overrated to those who don't like their entertainment, if you think about it. :D

But why do we celebrate icons in popular culture so much when there are so many other more worthy achievements, and achievers, that we could recognise?