• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Jackson Dies

cardero

Citizen Mod
1.4 million dollars spent on L.A. security for the memorial service. I guess the Bible was right. Those that live by the circus, die by the circus.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The memorial service was stupid. His fans were yelling out stupid **** like "We love you Michael!!!" every now and then... and Michael's kids were there. I'm sure they didn't like that people were treating their daddy's memorial service like a concert. :(

My mom was watching it on the tele, so I watched it with her. Most of it was stupid. It was sad when his daughter was crying. She sort of reminded everyone that it was a FUNERAL and not a concert...

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
A memorial can be a celebration of life. It does not have to be dreary.

It doesn't have to be stupid either. Fans yelling like they are at a concert just seems sort of out of place to me. But that's just my opinion... I wouldn't have wanted people yelling "We love you Brian!!" at my dad's funeral. We joked and talked without crying the whole time, but there's a limit.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Fair enough. But I don't think your dad was a worldwide celebrity (perhaps the greatest of all time).

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
1.4 million dollars spent on L.A. security for the memorial service. I guess the Bible was right. Those that live by the circus, die by the circus.
Yep, 1.4 million....! The costs included police, traffic control, trash pickup and sanitation. One-third of LAPD were there. Fortunately for us it looks like private donations will cover the costs so taxpayers don't have to pay for this nonsense.

Traffic was a nightmare!

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
WASHINGTON – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shut the door Thursday to a resolution honoring Michael Jackson because debate on the symbolic measure could raise "contrary views" about the pop star's life.

Lawmakers are free to use House speeches "to express their sympathy or their praise any time that they wish," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "I don't think it's necessary for us to have a resolution."
Pelosi shuts down resolution on Michael Jackson - Yahoo! News

J Bryson

Ha! We've stayed away from Olvera St. the last week- parking is bad enough as it is.

Smart move. I hopped off of the 740 to get to the Gold Line, and I was suddenly in a crush of grim-looking Michael Jackson fans talking about the service.

rojse

RF Addict
The most pressing question to me is what will happen to the Umbrella Man. Now that Jackson is dead, what job will he be able to find where holding an umbrella will be sought after as a qualification?

J Bryson

The most pressing question to me is what will happen to the Umbrella Man. Now that Jackson is dead, what job will he be able to find where holding an umbrella will be sought after as a qualification?

I'm sure that Kanye will be happy to take him on.